• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Picked this up from Brian at South Carroll Sporting Goods at the Frederick show. He just got in several of them. They're actually all pretty darn nice for what they are. Most Romanian Capture K98k's I've seen have sewer pipe bores and completely mismatched.

He had plenty to choose from, and I picked out this DUV 41. With the exception of the bolt, everything else matches which surprised me. Bore is spotless as well and the stock isn't messed up. Bit grimy with old cosmoline on it, but that cleaned up easily enough. The commies ground off some of the German markings like usual, but didn't do a good enough job. They're still pretty visible.

Attachments

• IMG_0493.jpg
      IMG_0493.jpg
      135.8 KB · Views: 429
    • IMG_0502.jpg
      IMG_0502.jpg
      100.8 KB · Views: 442
    • IMG_0514.jpg
      IMG_0514.jpg
      134.3 KB · Views: 431
    • IMG_0520.jpg
      IMG_0520.jpg
      97.1 KB · Views: 443
    • IMG_0540.jpg
      IMG_0540.jpg
      54.2 KB · Views: 461

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I kept saying that was the highlight of the Frederick and HoCo show. If you can't afford a Russian capture (man the prices have gone up!) then this is the next best thing.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I kept saying that was the highlight of the Frederick and HoCo show. If you can't afford a Russian capture (man the prices have gone up!) then this is the next best thing.

Melnic, what are unpinged Russian captures going for nowadays.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    They’re going for $600-$750. Rare codes are going for even more. Kinda insane to think about. Especially since that’s nearing or in Bolt mis-match/bring back territory

That is what I"ve seen. SCSG did have one I thought for $795?

Wideners had them peened an unpeened in cosmo for a while back in 2014 I think and they were around $400 (peened) back then. I picked mine up for $400 which was a bargain as its a great shooter.

they are not easy to come by.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    That is what I"ve seen. SCSG did have one I thought for $795?

Wideners had them peened an unpeened in cosmo for a while back in 2014 I think and they were around $400 (peened) back then. I picked mine up for $400 which was a bargain as its a great shooter.

they are not easy to come by.

That's amazing, I remember when they were all over the place as low as 169.00. I wonder how many more are still in Russia.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    My russian capture, peened, 1939 came from classic when that was pretty much all they sold. Two owners back. No photos but good descriptions and selections. $249 10 years ago +-.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom