• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drnknmnky13

Nov 12, 2011
    Baltimore
    I was thinking about picking up this 1911 from Budsgunshop.com; https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=59751

$199 for a plinker sounds like a good deal to me. I then noticed that it says this gun is not legal in MD.

I tried searching the forum and it seems that 1911's are legal here (do you know how many threads come up when you search for 1911 and illegal? lol). There must be something I am missing. It's only 10 rounds and has thumb and grip safety.

Thought about emailing them but figured I'd ask here first.

Thanks

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    It's not illegal like an "assault pistol". If someone purchased it in another state and brought it here when they moved or something it would be OK. Another case where 'immigrants' have more rights than residents.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Buy it through an IP here and submit it to the handgun roster. Longer wait but makes it legal for you and all others.

Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    I purchased a PUMA PPS .22 cal rifle. She failed to eject almost every other round. I sent her to Legacy Sports (5-year warranty) and they replaced the bolt springs. She now works perfectly and never fails to eject.

Other members will chime in and share their experience with PUMA weapons. If they do not, use the search tool, you should be able to find info.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

I'm an old guy who remembers when & why the MD Approved Roster was passed...

It was designed to eliminate "Saturday Night Specials" = code for CHEAP GUNS...

Just more over- regulation by our Communist State Government...

Your only real choices are:

#1. Move to another State...OR

#2. Buy a gun that is on the approved list...

Hope this is helpful...

Drnknmnky13

Nov 12, 2011
    Baltimore
    Thanks for all the replies folks. I didn't have my heart set on that gun. Was more just curious as to why it was illegal. I did not know MD had an approved gun list. I thought it just had specs that you couldn't go over or under. Makes more sense now.

I bought a sig Mosquito at freestate for my .22 pistol needs.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Sgt Preston here...

I'm an old guy who remembers when & why the MD Approved Roster was passed...

Just more over- regulation by our Communist State Government...

Your only real choices are:

#1. Move to another State...OR

#2. Buy a gun that is on the approved list...

Hope this is helpful...

Thanks for the background and history Sarge ...

Isn't it AMAZING how MD's laws don't solve problems ? Considering that the same 'Saturday Night Specials' are now on the MSP roster, I'd say that it wasn't a problem in the first place.

OBTW ... the Chiappa Firearms Puma 1911-22 is on the roster ... Bud's Gun Shop is wrong ... as usual ... by it from The Gun Shop in Essex.

Attachments

• Puma.JPG
      Puma.JPG
      46.9 KB · Views: 803

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    You get what you pay for!

by the time you add shipping & transfer fees you could get a better gun that the local dealers have in stock.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

Yes, that was the "official" party line.

This law has been highly successful in meeting it's true goals:
    Making gun ownership more expensive more hassle for citizens.

Does everyone remember that the NRA pulled their convention out of Baltimore following the enactment of that useless law.:sad20:

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    It's funny how so many of you jump right in to bash Maryland and democrats.. yet it's simply Bud's website that is wrong about it not being on the approved list.

Shows some heavy bias, closed-mindedness, and ignorance.

I'm not defending Maryland laws nor Democrats, as I have my own personal issues with both on many levels, but to attribute something specific that isn't even true to faceless entities is just laughable. Or maybe not, that's often how wars get started.

Go ahead and flame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom