• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    Don't know where to post this. I will be going to a gunshow in the Dallas area this weekend. Can I buy some hi cap mags in here and pack it in my luggage when i fly back to MD?

vetogunban

Apr 30, 2013
    Brooklyn Park
    I picked up a few Glock mags last time I was in TX. Surprisingly, TSA search my checked luggage. I put them ontop so they did not need to yank everything out.

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    I am no longer in MD. However, a transfer would imply a change in ownership. Whether you ship it or carry it, it remains yours. And the transfer of ownership occurred in the free world.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I picked up a few Glock mags last time I was in TX. Surprisingly, TSA search my checked luggage. I put them ontop so they did not need to yank everything out.

Yep, i’ve been there too. You know you had a good vacation when TSA searches your checked bag because of the items you are bringing home.

I dont remember exactly what I brought home that trip, but i laughed about it while packing my bag at the hotel and sure enough, i found the white slip when i got home.

Attachments

• 8011C051-22B8-4C14-A683-D030AEF95C54.jpg
      8011C051-22B8-4C14-A683-D030AEF95C54.jpg
      90.1 KB · Views: 231

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I have packed mags in my bags from Texas, no issue. One time was searched another time was not. Nothing taken or missing.

Trouble is actually finding them cheap. The big box stores are all up north.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    I actually stopped at a Walmart here in the Dallas area yesterday just to see what they have in here compared to a Walmart in MD. Nothing exciting.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    I am at the show now. I was able to get two nib Beretta 92 13 round compact mags, the only 2 I found in the show. There is an FN AR that is on sale for 620. I wish I can get it in MD.

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    Pretty sure it is.

Nonsense. Utter nonsense.

How am I "receiving" something that I already own, and shipped FROM me, TO me, BY me? That's not receiving. Those are all actions of possession. Receiving occurs the moment when you complete taking ownership of an item from another party. After that moment, you possess it.

Possession is legal. And you took possession as the owner, in Texas.

It's YOURS. Do with it want you want. Including shipping it to yourself from someplace else.

MADad

Sep 8, 2013
    Charles County
    I received the white slip on my last trip also. What pissed me off is that they cut off my TSA approved lock to get into the luggage. An approved lock, in my case a combo, can be opened with a TSA key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom