• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Please send an e-mail to verify if you are able to volunteer to events at marylandshallissue with a dot and an org

Chantilly Gun Show
    Dulles Expo Center
    Friday - Sunday, 27-29 July
    4320 Chantilly Shopping Center
    Chantilly, VA 20153

Show open to the public:
    Friday - 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM
    Saturday - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
    Sunday - 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Friday 27 July
    2:00 - 8:00 PM
    1. ShafTed

Saturday 28 July
    8:30 - 1:00 AM
    1. ShafTed
    2. buellsfurn

1:00 - 5:00 PM
    1. CypherPunk

Sunday 29 July
    9:30 - 1:00 AM
    1. Michael B.

1:00 - 5:00 PM
    1. ShafTed

If you're a first-timer, there is good info here:

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/j...er-primer/file

Volunteers get free admission to the show. (And there's nothing to prevent a little shopping before or after your shift.) Another thing worth mentioning, some vendors, upon seeing you have a vendor badge, will give a few $$ off a purchase. Not all vendors will do this, but it could be an added bonus for volunteers.

Last edited:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Reminder that volunteers get free admission to the show! With the recent ruling from the 9th circuit against HI banning open carry and our other lawsuits going on, there's plenty to chat about.
    Get caught up with the news here:
    https://t.co/ybg4YFb7BU

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Any MSI member free that can step up? I would if I weren't running my kids around to classes and other previously scheduled obligations. It's a fun show to attend, especially for free.

For the next four shifts that are taken on Saturday or Sunday, I'll also kick in a box of commercial ammo if you take one shift, two boxes if you take two shifts, etc. Just sign up in the thread, and if ShafTed says you're a go, tell me what you'd like from the list below. Will work out delivery by PM.

22 Mag (50 rds)
    380 ACP (50 rds)
    9x18 Makarov (50 rds for run of the mill, and 20 rds for the specialty stuff)
    9mm Luger (50 rds)
    357 Magnum (50 rds for run of the mill, and 20 rds for the specialty stuff)
    223 (20 rds)
    300 BLK (20 rds)
    7.62x39 (20 rds)
    308 (20 rds)
    12 Gauge (10 rds per shift - probably 2-3/4" Federal 00 Buckshot LE Flight Control)

For some loadings, if I have something interesting/desirable after checking my stash, I'll try to throw that in for the first box.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I was a lucky karma recipient today, so I'm just trying to stay even. Hope some are able to help ShaftEd, who does yeoman's work in keeping this MSI outreach to the public going, commuting from his home in Pennsylvania to/from practically every Maryland and Chantilly, VA show.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    If we can’t get even one MSI member out of a THOUSAND to go to a gun show free—and now with karma bonuses—to invite people to join MSI, well that says a lot doesn’t it?

Last edited:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I’ll do Saturday afternoon.
    Anyone else?
    I'll help out sat. morn Grand Children's B day but i got a pass Cyber Space is not my thing
    Cool.

Buellsfurn, what type of ammo would you like? CypherPunk is a neighbor so I might be able to get it to him tonight such that he could bring it down tomorrow.

CypherPunk, will text you directly. :)

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Cool.

Buellsfurn, what type of ammo would you like? CypherPunk is a neighbor so I might be able to get it to him tonight such that he could bring it down tomorrow.

CypherPunk, will text you directly. :)

357 but It's really not necessary It's been almost a year ago I volunteered for MSI at the fair grounds near me.At least this time we will have AC thought we would melt in that metal building. I donate to MSI threw MDS swag sales but haven't been behind the table for a bit. Thank You

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    357 but It's really not necessary It's been almost a year ago I volunteered for MSI at the fair grounds near me.At least this time we will have AC thought we would melt in that metal building. I donate to MSI threw MDS swag sales but haven't been behind the table for a bit. Thank You
    You're a good guy. I've been a beneficiary of MDS swag from you before. If I connect with CypherPunk tonight, I'll send some 357 Magnum with him (and if not, will figure out a different way).

Ps. with ShaftEd working the show until 8pm tonight, he might not be home and responding to this thread until after 10pm.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    You're a good guy. I've been a beneficiary of MDS swag from you before. If I connect with CypherPunk tonight, I'll send some 357 Magnum with him (and if not, will figure out a different way).

Ps. with ShaftEd working the show until 8pm tonight, he might not be home and responding to this thread until after 10pm.

Got it Thank You

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    who am I standing with anyone know ? Biggfoot the walking/talking encyclopedia tried to lern me somethen last time :lol2:

Biggfoot not available this weekend, looks like you'll be with me. Mucho thanks to you and Cypher!

They moved a bunch of people around, we're now in the "other" room, on the wall between rooms about 2/3 down the aisle.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I will provide one collectors edition covert MDS sticker to the next 5 people to help staff MSI’s booth for a Sat or Sun shift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom