• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    In lieu of buying a Rem 700 in 300BLK I decided to build an AR.
    I found a single shot upper online and picked up a 16" barrel along with a 15.5"
    free float tube. Threw it on my Engage lower and topped it off with a cheapo Leapers 4x scope for now. Without the action opening, it should be super quiet suppressed. The barrel does have a gas system, I installed a gas block backwards to close off the port. Any one else have a single shot AR?

C9456DFF-1435-4509-9FDE-C206F731A8BD-9743-0000105EB51A9EFD_zpsb3585b8c.jpg

03C889BD-A5CF-4D39-9C78-44B88ECC4EBA-9743-0000105EBC85F01B_zps8b0de091.jpg

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    If I dial down my subsonic loads or use the wrong buffer/buffer spring combo, then I have a single shot also. ;)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    That's pretty much what happened to me on my SBR and why I wanted to build this.

It's why I simplified things, sold the 16" 300 off, and the only remaining 300 is the 12.2" SBR.

Makes life easier to not have to worry about grabbing the right ammo or worrying if I have the right buffer/buffer spring combo in the rifle.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Agreed. Keep it simple.

Although a single shot .300BLK with the right suppressor would be - super quiet; just sayin' :)

It is.

Had the pleasure of getting behind a AAC-equipped Rem700 in 300BO a few months ago, and it was indeed stupid quiet.

I could actually hear the round tearing thru the paper target at 100 yards. Was a rare day where only 3 people were on the range, so everyone else stopped shooting and took off their ear-pro to listen to it as we sent rounds downrange.

Oh yes, there WILL be a can for the 12.2" sometime in the future. It's really addicting to hear just how quiet the round can get.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    This is interesting. So is it really a single shot or just manual via the charging handle (this would be useful with a side charging handle like the Grizzly guns).

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    This is interesting. So is it really a single shot or just manual via the charging handle (this would be useful with a side charging handle like the Grizzly guns).

It's manual via the charging/bolt handle on the left side that is attached to the BCG where the gas key usually attaches. The upper also does not have a gas tube hole drilled in it, so it can not be semi auto.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    It's manual via the charging/bolt handle on the left side that is attached to the BCG where the gas key usually attaches. The upper also does not have a gas tube hole drilled in it, so it can not be semi auto.

Interesting, I did that once getting overzealos on adjusting an Alexander Arms trigger. Had to reset the safety to engage the next cartridge, but it did auto load!

So basically you built a bolt gun with an alternative charging handle? Sort of like a straight pull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom