• ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thanks doc!

I gotta get my gear straight for springtime!

If my tugged surge is a cool as my rugged obsidian 45 I will be tickled to death!!

Tell me about your “tugged surge” via PM, big boy.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I got a lathe. I’ll be form 1’ing out the wazoo in 2020. There are some amazing form 1 plans out there.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I got a lathe. I’ll be form 1’ing out the wazoo in 2020. There are some amazing form 1 plans out there.

I see those plans and kits and I believe my next can will be homemade on a form 1 but idk what csliber yet, and I want to do an Sbr on a form one this year, probably in 300 bo

What lathe did you get?

Just gotta spread it out a bit to get Caught back up from the dr bills from the last year and a half

Stupid cancer messed up my play money lol ( joking about it is my way of dealing with it)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I see those plans and kits and I believe my next can will be homemade on a form 1 but idk what csliber yet, and I want to do an Sbr on a form one this year, probably in 300 bo

What lathe did you get?

Just gotta spread it out a bit to get Caught back up from the dr bills from the last year and a half

Stupid cancer messed up my play money lol ( joking about it is my way of dealing with it)

I got a Grizzly mini-lathe. I’ll be tinkering with it, getting the extended bed and metal gears. My plan is to do large volume cans (2” ID tubes). So much great info out there. Google “double hybrid clip” baffles. You can do it with a file. If you find yourself in the Bel Air area with a form 1, hit me up. You are welcome to dwell in my basement for a while.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I got a Grizzly mini-lathe. I’ll be tinkering with it, getting the extended bed and metal gears. My plan is to do large volume cans (2” ID tubes). So much great info out there. Google “double hybrid clip” baffles. You can do it with a file. If you find yourself in the Bel Air area with a form 1, hit me up. You are welcome to dwell in my basement for a while.

I will be googling those bagels after I type this

And as soon as I get a form 1 in and back I may well hit you up and dwell in your basement for a while lol!!

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Lol, I got some fat fingers and poor proof reading skills!

Rugged surge 7.62 my good man

And I hope to try it out soon and see if it surges my tug
    I have a Rugged Micro. In its long configuration it is basically the same as a Rugged Surge. If someone wants a durable midlength 30 cal can, it is hard to argue with the Surge. I like Rugged products a lot. The mounting system is good too.

The updated YHM Resonator R2 is encroaching into Rugged Surge pricing territory, and I'd definitely pick the Surge for semi auto/full auto use. Original resonator tested really well on bolt actions though.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Once you start getting seriously into suppressors, you quickly learn there's no "one can". Plus, if you shoot seriously, you figure out like six cans later that all you really needed was a 5.56 K-can. :P

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    One of these days I will need to remember my sound testing equipment from work and actually test this stuff out

Not all sound equipment can deal with accurately measuring a short duration noise.

Some of the newer ones can, or you need specific meters for impulse noise.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Not all sound equipment can deal with accurately measuring a short duration noise.

Some of the newer ones can, or you need specific meters for impulse noise.

These are used to measure sound created during construction activities. I’ve talked to boss about it and he says it should work to pick up the sound levels from the rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    is there any point to a dead air sandman-S .556 can ? does it do anything else well aside from taking the crack out of .556 and not weighing as much as using a 30 cal can? Seems kind of pricey for what it does.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    is there any point to a dead air sandman-S .556 can ? does it do anything else well aside from taking the crack out of .556 and not weighing as much as using a 30 cal can? Seems kind of pricey for what it does.
    Did Dead Air announce a new product or something? The only Sandman S I am aware of is a .30 cal can. It is lighter weight than the Sandman L, but is a pretty heavy hunk of metal anyway. It doesn't help that their muzzle devices tend to be in the 4 ounce range, either.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Did Dead Air announce a new product or something? The only Sandman S I am aware of is a .30 cal can. It is lighter weight than the Sandman L, but is a pretty heavy hunk of metal anyway. It doesn't help that their muzzle devices tend to be in the 4 ounce range, either.

You’re right, for some reason I was thinking that was a .556 dedicated can.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    These are used to measure sound created during construction activities. I’ve talked to boss about it and he says it should work to pick up the sound levels from the rifle.

Noise measurements are part of my profession.

It will pick up the sound, but not all meters will respond quickly enough to accurately measure short duration sounds. Like gun shots.

The OSHA noise standards do not address impact noise.

Not that many years ago, for this type of work you needed a special impact noise meter. But some of the newer, higher end meters can deal with impact noise.

If you get me the info (manufacturer and model) sound level meter, I can look into it.

And unless your company spent a good bit of money on higher end sound level meters, they will not handle impact noise.

cokebuck

Don't Re-Member
    Apr 1, 2016
    I have two Hybrids. They rule !!!
    They can go all the way up to .46 cal and it's lighter than my Saker 5.56
    Honestly all the Silencerco cans are top notch.
    Three words for you, Hybrid, Hybrid, Hybrid.

gun_nut

Dec 9, 2018

I have a sandman S and I like it. Sounds about the same as my buddies octane. I have not felt the need for the 5.56 end cap. But I do want a sandman K for the latest AR pistol build. Never really compared specs as I got it right before the ATF rule change for trusts so I went with what was in stock at the time.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Noise measurements are part of my profession.

It will pick up the sound, but not all meters will respond quickly enough to accurately measure short duration sounds. Like gun shots.

The OSHA noise standards do not address impact noise.

Not that many years ago, for this type of work you needed a special impact noise meter. But some of the newer, higher end meters can deal with impact noise.

If you get me the info (manufacturer and model) sound level meter, I can look into it.

And unless your company spent a good bit of money on higher end sound level meters, they will not handle impact noise.

I will send you a message with that info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom