• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    BATFE cashed my check on that Turbo K today. So hopefully I'll get to pick it up in the fall of 2020.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    I recently had a can take over a year. Trusts take longer. :(

The graph on NFA Tracker shows that the wait times are trending lower (faster). Buying during a demand surge doesn’t help.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    So apparently it sounds like the ATF scrapped their "fast track" program because people complained about new complete applications being approved before ones that had been out there. So were right back to 10+ months on everything.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    So apparently it sounds like the ATF scrapped their "fast track" program because people complained about new complete applications being approved before ones that had been out there. So were right back to 10+ months on everything.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    That is correct sir.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Someone ought to point out to Senator Manchin that adding a sufficient number of employees to the Martinsburg ATF office would increase throughput for these items, as well as providing good jobs for people in his state. Betcha that would garner him some serious votes.

Imagine a branch of the government operating efficiently and effectively in service to the citizens! The very idea makes me as dizzy as whirled peas!

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Balancing act for some folks

Jobs good. Guns bad.

He’s still a dem, iirc. And sides with the guns bad argument.

Someone ought to point out to Senator Manchin that adding a sufficient number of employees to the Martinsburg ATF office would increase throughput for these items, as well as providing good jobs for people in his state. Betcha that would garner him some serious votes.

Imagine a branch of the government operating efficiently and effectively in service to the citizens! The very idea makes me as dizzy as whirled peas!

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Do I really want the ATF, or any federal agency for that matter, operating efficiently?

Hell no! When they figure out the power of their fully operational death star, they will use it.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Do I really want the ATF, or any federal agency for that matter, operating efficiently?

Hell no! When they figure out the power of their fully operational death star, they will use it.

Inefficient generally means money is wasted. Or things like health inspections are missed or not done right. Or heck, IRS is estimated to have missed about $300 billion last year in improperly uncollected taxes. I don’t like paying taxes, but I pay what I am supposed to according to the law.

Which means a lot of people aren’t. Which means for Uncle Sam to get the money it needs to do the things Congress critters budget it to do, I am paying more in taxes because someone else isn’t paying what they are legally obligated to.

So even the damn IRS should be efficient. It would save me a lot of money.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Inefficient generally means money is wasted. Or things like health inspections are missed or not done right. Or heck, IRS is estimated to have missed about $300 billion last year in improperly uncollected taxes. I don’t like paying taxes, but I pay what I am supposed to according to the law.

Which means a lot of people aren’t. Which means for Uncle Sam to get the money it needs to do the things Congress critters budget it to do, I am paying more in taxes because someone else isn’t paying what they are legally obligated to.

So even the damn IRS should be efficient. It would save me a lot of money.

Yeah, now you are getting me started on the IRS.

15 or so years ago, there used to be a pro hotline that attorneys and CPAs could call. The wait was rather short and the person on the other end usually knew what he/she was talking about.

Fast forward to today, and I wait on hold a minimum of 30 minutes ever time I call the IRS. Then, I get passed from one person to another. I can recall one time when I spoke to 9 different people, and the last person I spoke to wanted to transfer me back to the department I started at.

I have had the IRS collections department send my client a notice saying that my client owed interest because of an amount due. This was AFTER I had the amount due resolved in its entirety in my client's favor. The interest and penalties were supposed to be waived too, but the person behind the IRS computer forgot to waive the interest. Actually, since there was nothing owed by my client after I filed the amended returns, there should have been no interest and penalties. In fact, after I filed the amended returns, my client was owed a refund. The IRS agent in collections could follow along with what I was explaining. He could even see it in the case notes. However, he could not do anything to remove the interest. I had to get a taxpayer advocate involved to resolve the disaster and then my client is complaining to me about my bill, even though he previously acknowledged that I was able to get things done where he was unable to even get across to the IRS agents he spoke to.

Then, there is the infernal stall letters by the IRS. Taxpayers are given 30 days to respond to an IRS notice. The IRS is supposed to respond within 30 days too. However, if the IRS cannot respond within 30 days, on day 29 it sends out what is called a stall letter. I had a client receive 9 of these in a row for a 9 month failure to respond to what I sent the IRS. Same client received 12 identical stall letters to the same address one month, 5 another month, 7 another month.

The Comptroller of Maryland is only slightly better.

With all that said, I do think Congress should fund the IRS in such a way that they can bring back the fear of an audit to most people. Way too many people cheating on their returns. Then again, I have seen an uptick in audits over the last couple of years in that I have several new clients that have come to me after their returns, prepared by somebody else, were audited. Luckily for me, none of the returns I have completed have been audited in my 27 years other than one single correspondence audit that was resolved pretty easily. A $300 billion a year tax gap would put a dent in any budget deficit and/or the national debt.

Meh, its only money.

Rant over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom