• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    MSP just recently declared the Century CETME as banned. I wonder how this affects the C308 rifles which were also listed as banned but sold anyway. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Capture33.JPG
      Capture33.JPG
      6.2 KB · Views: 1,072

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    MSP just recently declared the Century CETME as banned. I wonder how this affects the C308 rifles which were also listed as banned but sold anyway. Thoughts?

Not the greatest rifles to be honest, i have one and a c308 before they decided to ban them , the c308 has a much better fit and finish that the cetme / G3 clone that Century did years ago

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown

1. The list is not legally binding. The MSP is a law enforcement agency not a law interpretation agency.

2. The MSP is wrong. They list it as a copy of an enumerated banned firearm. The firearm in question is the HK G3/91 and copies thereof. The G3 is a later variant of the CETME design, because the CETME is the parent design it cannot also be a copy of its own offspring so to say.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    1. The list is not legally binding. The MSP is a law enforcement agency not a law interpretation agency.

2. The MSP is wrong. They list it as a copy of an enumerated banned firearm. The firearm in question is the HK G3/91 and copies thereof. The G3 is a later variant of the CETME design, because the CETME is the parent design it cannot also be a copy of its own offspring so to say.

Y'all forget their motto:

Arbitrary and Capricious

They bumble along, relying on the power structure to support their erroneous decisions.

Feb 28, 2013

Absotively posilutely.

I got one of these. Bought it from Duffy’s. When I picked it up, Vince told me he tried to shove an HK bolt in it and it wouldn’t fit, so he kept sellin em.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    So glad they’re trying to keep us all safe from all those crimes committed with .308 battle rifles. I remember like it was yesterday, back in 2012 when all the gangs in Baltimore would tag buildings with “the CETME was better before 7.62NATO” crazy times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD

Legally binding or not, MSP are the ones that arrest you...

Actually I don't think this is correct. The G3 was modeled off the CETME model B. This was developed into the G3. Afterward the Spanish further modified the CETME and adopted the Model C. So the CETME model C and the G3 both have the same parent, the CETME model B. Even if what you said was correct, good luck with that logic. For example they also have the "Chinese Dragunov" on the list. Well there is no such gun. The Russian's made a Dragunov. The Chinese made a Type 79 and Type 85. These guns are unlicensed copies of the Russian Dragunov, but there is no "Chinese Dragunov". How can you have a clone of a gun that never existed? My guess is that if you took this to court, the fact that they list a gun that was never made, would pretty much mean nothing is banned. However who is going to test it? Then we have MSP not getting the Bushmaster gun correct on this list. They think its referring to the company rather than the model of gun. This should be obvious as no law can ban a specific company.

The reason the CETME C is not a clone of the HK is because there is only limited parts interchangeability.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Not trying to ruffle any feathers here, just thought it was interesting that they banned it twice, as the C308 and more recently the CETME. I'm pretty sure someone would have argued the HK-91 parts interchangeability with them. :/

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I don't agree with this, but if the ATF can refine Bumpstocks as a M.G. and the courts uphold it, then the MSPLD will get away with saying what is legal or not in regards to MD Firearms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom