• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    At the range shooting g33, sw 625 and colt NF, sig sales manager shooting near by asks what am i shooting and would i like to shoot his 365. Put it on the table next to and top of G33 and foot print similar. The 365 was much thinner. This had 10 rd mags. I was shooting on steel at about 50’. Having never shot this gun, i put over half on target with all mags. Using 115 gr ammo i could feel the “zing” with each shot, but nothing bothersome. One mag failed to lock back when empty, no FTF or FTE. I did not notice the sights so i would say they worked well. Plenty of grip space for my size 9 glove hands. Wife was with me but brought her bodyguard and left her G43 home. Would have liked to compare the two guns. Usually you see a gun in a case at the LGS, read a review and buy it. Having shot this little gun, i wouldn’t hesitate to buy it ( although i stubornly refuse to warm up to a 9mm despite the material written about its effectivness) but i would not buy it to replace the G43, although between the two, or the shield 9, i also have, its a good choice and i suspect in a year or two the prices will be comparable if they are not already ( our glocks are blue label and the shields were selling under $400/retail, and then heavilly discounted to make way for the 2.0s).

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I think if you already own a G43,Xds, shield and can legally CC. The P365 would be a waste of money. It is a competitor of those pistols. But, it also competes with G26, VP9SK, and numerous sub-compact 9mm's. Now if you don't own a single stack as above, you'd do well to get a 365, if you can find one. I've held one and like it. I would not buy it. Only because I can't carry it.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I think if you already own a G43,Xds, shield and can legally CC. The P365 would be a waste of money. It is a competitor of those pistols. But, it also competes with G26, VP9SK, and numerous sub-compact 9mm's. Now if you don't own a single stack as above, you'd do well to get a 365, if you can find one. I've held one and like it. I would not buy it. Only because I can't carry it.

For the most part i agree with you. Its not a gun to buy just for the range . Its a ccw gun. But even if you have one of the guns you mentioned for ccw there are sme who shop for the holy grail of carry guns. Its a good gun, a little late to the 9mm concealed carry party. I thought springfield’s new ad campaign is aimed at the 365...reliability more important than capacity. Not that springfield can show the 365 to be unreliable. Maybe sig will have good luck selling it as back up to depts that select the 320 as a duty gun. Happy sunday.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    For the most part i agree with you. Its not a gun to buy just for the range . Its a ccw gun. But even if you have one of the guns you mentioned for ccw there are sme who shop for the holy grail of carry guns. Its a good gun, a little late to the 9mm concealed carry party. I thought springfield’s new ad campaign is aimed at the 365...reliability more important than capacity. Not that springfield can show the 365 to be unreliable. Maybe sig will have good luck selling it as back up to depts that select the 320 as a duty gun. Happy sunday.

The P365 is a winner and other manufacturers will go out of their way to discredit/disparage it because Sig hasn't had the best luck with new product introductions lately.

Instead of doing their (legendary) ritual with years of testing and quality control, Sig (and other manufacturers) rush things to gun shops to capture initial market share. Sig could slap their name on just about anything and people would buy it regardless of bad press. The competition knows that and tries to exploit it by putting doubts in the minds of buyers, particularly, new, uninformed buyers. My opinion is that type of ad campaign turns more buyers off your product than it brings in. Watch how fast Springer drops it.

I think it's hilarious that the P365 has created such an uproar in the gun business with a 10+1 capacity pistol that's smaller, lighter and more comfortable to conceal than just about anything available. Glock and HK seem to be about the only companies not pissing their pants over the P365 and hopefully we, the consumers, benefit in the long-run with a better selection of high-quality CCW guns at affordable prices. That's usually how it works but, ya never know for sure.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I shot one today for the first time. It shot very well and is definitely smaller than my shield. Having said that, I shoot the shield as well as a full size gun and it’s been a fantastic summer carry.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I'm carrying one for my summer firearm. Took the 43 out of rotation. To be honest the only reason I changed is the 12 round mags. Both shoot equally well IMHO.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I used to carry a 9mm Shield and still like it very much, both as a comfortable carry gun (with a good IWB holster) and a good shooter as well. But I now carry the 365 because it is even smaller than than the Shield, more comfortable to carry and, at least for me, a better shooter than the Shield. I have put about 700 rounds through my 365 with all types of ammo and not even a hint of a hiccup. The Shield is very good from that aspect as well. It also doesn't hurt that I have a 12 (12+1) round magazine in the gun with a 10 rounder as a spare. YMMV.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    It’s good to hear positive stories about the p365. I’d like to buy one, but I’ll need to see a longer track record of malfunction-less operation.

I actually thought Springfield’s advertisement was good. They didn’t name the SIG specifically, so unless you are an aficionado like we are, all you’ll get from that commercial is that the XD-s is very reliable.

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    Wife got a P365, shot it for the first time today, had 2 malfunctions!! I didn't see what happened with the first malfunction, but the 2nd was a light primer strike. I've unfortunately seen a lot of these issues for this gun AFTER I made the purchase. It's a cute gun, and a good size for her, but I'm not crazy about the reliability. Hopefully it'll get better as it breaks in.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Wanted one since handling one at the Harrisburg Outdoor show over the winter, got a great deal on one at Gander in York, so snagged one friday. It will primarily be a carry pistol, so put more than 300 rounds through it over the weekend, and it has been flawless with everything except for failing to go fully into battery twice out of 40 rounds of 147gr Sig V-crown ammo. Went bang every time with 124, 124+p and 147gr HST, 124 Gold dots, 135 critical duty, and 124gr FMJ. It did fail to lock back after the last round a couple times, but think my thumb was hitting the slide stop, it's in just the right spot to hit it with a thumbs forward grip. The pistol is extremely comfortable, has a really high grip, with the thin and high rear part of the trigger guard allowing more grip area than just about anything in it's size. It is softer shooting than I was expecting, and the sights are fantastic, trigger is really good, 5# break, short reset, and easy to shoot fast. It's significantly smaller than most of the current crop of single stack competition, the XDS, Shield, and G43, actually much closer to my tiny Kahr PM9, and easily pocketable.

The capacity is the main selling point, made possible by the mag's design, it has a low-profile follower, telescoping spring, and is narrower in the front of the mag to make use of 9X19's tapered case, and keep the mag small. The trigger bar, grip sides, and most internals are very thin, and positioned to allow the relatively wide doublestack mag into the very skinny frame. There aren't many holsters out for it, and the 12rd mags can be hard to find, but at least it seems production is catching up to demand. I remolded an XDs little Foxx IWB holster to fit it, and it carries well in it, waiting on pocket and AIWB holster to arrive to try out with it. I'm really happy with it, and despite owning a few of it's competitors, I think the size, capacity, and shootability will make it my main EDC.

20180824_132921.jpg

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Nevermind the P365 , tell us more about the New Frontier mentioned in passing in the first post .

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Nevermind the P365 , tell us more about the New Frontier mentioned in passing in the first post .
    Lol. I bought it from a member of this forum earlier this yesr. Its 1980, colt, 7.5” barrel, 45 colt. Came with beautiful sambar grips and the orig wood in orig box. Its a heavy gun and it still kicks a bit. Accurate but i havent shot from sandbags. Just on steel at 50’. Lots of fun. Taking it out is like pouring a drink from that 50 yr old birthday bottle. Not an everyday thing. Happy to have it. I also shot a 1907 made5.75 barrell 45 and a 1956 .38 sp also 5 .75.
    Unlike semi autos, these guns slow me down. More ritualistic.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Here’s a pic.

Attachments

• 8CC1EC77-C8DF-45E8-A916-87A2966C033B.jpg
      8CC1EC77-C8DF-45E8-A916-87A2966C033B.jpg
      85.7 KB · Views: 193
    • 848B8EC7-F1F3-463E-9F20-FCA2F87F2F9E.jpg
      848B8EC7-F1F3-463E-9F20-FCA2F87F2F9E.jpg
      64.9 KB · Views: 190

Minor

May 17, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    Have both the G43 and the P365. Both are nice shooters. Can keep a tight group with both. Have have NO issues with P365 - about 150 rounds through it. May upgrade the firing pin for peace of mind on the P365 and swap out the already decent sights for the Trijicon HDs.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD

I agree. I’m good with my XDs 8+1 with a 9 round back-up magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom