• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    For those of you who took advantage of the Federal Deer Camp Cash - R9814 rebate.

You should check the status of the submission and make the call to them if needed. As mine was marked as unqualified because they didn't like the invoice format that PSA uses but a friendly phone has "apparently" set the record straight and my submission will be reprocessed and all will be good.

Just a Public Service Announcement.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Thanks for the heads up. I’m not sure how to check on mine, as I sent them though the mail.
    Anyways, all of the rebates that Vista Outdoors does is very slow.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    This is the second time I am dealing with these numb nuts. Now they say I have to re-submit because they received four copies of the UPC codes but not the receipts etc. I won't be dealing with these folks again. :mad54:

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    This is the second time I am dealing with these numb nuts. Now they say I have to re-submit because they received four copies of the UPC codes but not the receipts etc. I won't be dealing with these folks again. :mad54:

Rebates are usually a PITA. I think most companies are betting people forget to fill them out or they'll try to find a way to disqualify you. I dealt with one over 6 months to get a rebate, they ended up sending me 2 of them and then asked me to send them back the money. I think after 6 months they gave up on me :lol2:

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Rebates are usually a PITA. I think most companies are betting people forget to fill them out or they'll try to find a way to disqualify you. I dealt with one over 6 months to get a rebate, they ended up sending me 2 of them and then asked me to send them back the money. I think after 6 months they gave up on me :lol2:

Oh I get it believe me. Ironically, right after posting prior, I got an email saying they were now missing my receipt on my third submission. I called and the lady on the phone said no, everything was submitted perfectly. I’m certain I’ll have to call and complain again in another several weeks.

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    I just submitted mine. I'm wondering what "problems" they'll have with my submission. My mail in rebate from perhaps last year went smoothly so I'm curious that if it's all related to online submissions.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Thanks for the heads up. I’m not sure how to check on mine, as I sent them though the mail.
    Anyways, all of the rebates that Vista Outdoors does is very slow.

Here is the website to lookup the status:
    https://promotions.vistaoutdoor.com/EN/US/Home/Lookup

I entered my name and address first and nothing. Then I went back to my email, and got the submission ID. That showed up as processing. I originally did the submission online.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I expected a visa gift card from them for a recent rebate. They sent a check. It cleared.

Yeah, they are all over the place. Sometimes sending a check (usually) and sometimes a prepaid card (rarely). I a haven’t yet had an issue with them.

I did stay away from one rebate. That deer camp rebate. Outdoor limited has cases of .30 carbine Powershok for $79.99, 10 boxes of 20rnds each in the case. So it should be a $50 rebate, 15 cents a round!!!

But it is Israeli trade-in. I am worried because of that Federal won’t honor the rebate. Its not a terrible price without the rebate, but a fantastic price with. And I’d be pretty pissed with myself if I bought it to get the fantastic price and didn’t. I am not hurting for .30 carbine.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I just went to the website to check the status of my submission and it came back, no information found.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Realize that companies hire processing companies to do the rebates.

I would guess there is some incentive to not pay a claim.

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Mine just states pending review

When I saw all the BS you have to go through I thought no this is a scam. There too many components to get wrong and make it easy to deny.

Wouldn’t do it again.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Well, I have to say, after calling and speaking to a nice lady and re-entering the pic uploads I got a phone call a few days later. Same lady said it’s works out and I should get an email confirmation soon. I didn’t hold my breath but...

ca72f3bb797fb6a63a0bdbf5a9afaff9.jpg

One phone call and they did what they promised. Can’t complain about that so thought I would post this after my initial complaints for fair disclosure

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Got a $40 gift card today. I hate gift cards. It expires in July, so if you got one, check the expiration on it.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    after the blazer black pack promo/submission date expired, i got an email saying that the invoice i submitted electronically was not readable. it said i could resubmit IF i was within the period, which i wasn't since they let me know right after it expired. i scanned the invoice and replied to that email asking them to add that to my submission. sure enough a few days later they said everything was gtg though still a few weeks to get the $$.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I talked to a young fellow there today because when I checked it says not found

He asked if it was the Black Friday sale and I said yes. He said they received way over 100,000 rebate claims and they are working on them as fast as possible and to give them 3 more weeks to get everything in the system

So if 100,000 people only purchased 1 case of 500 that’s 50,000,000 rounds sold

I purchased way more than that

That’s a lotta ammo out the door for 1 sale!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom