• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I just need a drill press!!! What are you guys using, I think I'm just gonna buy one!

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I just need a drill press!!! What are you guys using, I think I'm just gonna buy one!

Go for it if you want one for other things. I want a drill press once I get a garage but its really not necessary for a poly 80 handgun. they specifically say not to use a drill press for the pin holes and I think most people dont use one at all. Use a hand held drill for the pin holes, then I use a cutting wheel on a dremel to take off most of the tabs and u notch, after that take it down flush with small files and then sand.

Last edited:

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    A hand drill is all you need for a Polymer80 pistol frame. A bench vise would be nice, but a clamp and a block of wood would work.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Attachments

• drill.jpg
      drill.jpg
      13.3 KB · Views: 340

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    anyone who has gotten one of these are the grips not as angled as the normal glock? I know some replacement frames like lone wolf have a better angle? Also have tehy banned these yet? I am still confused about them trying to.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    You could use that, I guess, if you're comfortable with it. I meant a regular 1/4" electric or cordless drill that everyone already has. You're only drilling a half-dozen small holes.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm glad you responded. I am much more comfortable with a cordless drill.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    anyone who has gotten one of these are the grips not as angled as the normal glock? I know some replacement frames like lone wolf have a better angle? Also have tehy banned these yet? I am still confused about them trying to.
    Grip angle is 1911-esque on the Polymer80 PF940v2.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

"They" have not banned them. A town in CT. has banned possession
    https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/connecticut-bans-ghost-guns/

and some states are discussing a ban of sorts. IANAL but my understanding is that making a legal activity retroactively illegal is not permissible under federal or constitutional law so get some sooner rather than later.

hermyjoe

Feb 5, 2012
    riverdale md
    thunder tactical is running a complete g19 469 less 10 % with code patriot. only caveat is they only ship signature required. learned that the hard way.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy

Get one. I use mine at least once a week. And I wouldn't do a Poly80 without one. Just do one side at a time. That ensures your holes are true and square.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Get one. I use mine at least once a week. And I wouldn't do a Poly80 without one. Just do one side at a time. That ensures your holes are true and square.

That is exactly what the manufacturers tell you not to do. If the jig is not just right the drill press will not follow the jig holes like a cordless drill would. it will just make its own path potentially ruining the holes.

Attachments

• p80.jpg
      p80.jpg
      91.2 KB · Views: 367
    • p80 2.PNG
      p80 2.PNG
      13.1 KB · Views: 389

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    That is exactly what the manufacturers tell you not to do. If the jig is not just right the drill press will not follow the jig holes like a cordless drill would. it will just make its own path potentially ruining the holes.

Right...when using a cross vice. If you clamp it down tight (like they recommend) THEN use the drill press ON EACH SIDE, you are getting better results than a cordless.

EDIT: But I've never built one, just in case any state employees are looking

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom