• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Might be a good time to put in an application.

Anyone know long the MD concealed carry permits are good for?

They have a funky system, it expires on the last day of the month of your birthday, 3 years I believe.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    They have a funky system, it expires on the last day of the month of your birthday, 3 years I believe.

Better than a once a year or every two year renewal. If they could extend these to 5 years without legislative action, it would be awesome (albeit not quite as good as DL renewals). This is all predicated on them reinterpreting the G&S standard more favorably.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I'm not getting my hopes up at all. Last time I did CA4 threw the whole decision out and sent us back to G&S. I'll believe it when I see it.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Wonder if I can get a day off of work to testify. Never done that before (testify) and it can't hurt the cause

Everyone who comes is one more reason for the opposition to take notice.

There are many new fannies in the seats this session, and this is an opportunity to let them know we are not letting down our guard, and will continue to press for restoration of the Right.

I encourage everyone to read through the bills that have been highlighted, select several that you are interested in, and write some simple testimony that you can submit. Letters to Committees and individual legislators are good too.

More threads will be started, I'm sure, to give pointers and examples as we get closer.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    It's 2 years plus the number of months until your birthday. Getting it just after a birthday will make it longer. This is for an initial permit. Subsequent permits are 3 years.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I thought about that scenario. No way they can "quietly" change the standard. I expect about 1000 "yes! I got my CCW" posts/threads on MDShooters. More than a few "How to" and "status" threads. And, the press monitors MDS. It will be impossible to keep this cat in the bag before the first permit is even issued.

I don't disagree, it will certainly be known. But let's face it, this is only a hot-button issue for a tiny fraction of voters. Look at how many people showed-up to testify in support of SB281 - virtually none. Yes, the media will poke around and there will be LTE's etc., but that will pass. If it's going to happen, there's zero advantage in waiting until 2017.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    It's 2 years plus the number of months until your birthday. Getting it just after a birthday will make it longer. This is for an initial permit. Subsequent permits are 3 years.
    Stand corrected. My birthday is in late November so,.... it feels like 3 years to me. I start my 3 month renewal process this summer.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I will apply, so I do not lose all my money, would 150 of you paypal me a dollar?

NOBODY

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I will apply, so I do not lose all my money, would 150 of you paypal me a dollar?

NOBODY

Don't apply yet. But maybe write the Gov and let him know how important this issue is to you. Also it's critical that we have a huge showing March 10 & 12 in Annapolis for the hearing on defining G&S as self defense.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    he was just on Fox 45 . Didn't sound promising , doesn't see a need to change anything (Governor can direct him too)

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Yep. I timed mine, quite accidentally, to arrive one month after my birthday so my first will be for two years, 11 months.

I would get the training out of the way and submit the week after he is approved by the Senate. If approved and it still takes 90 days the permits would start rolling in after Sine Dei.....

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I don't disagree, it will certainly be known. But let's face it, this is only a hot-button issue for a tiny fraction of voters. Look at how many people showed-up to testify in support of SB281 - virtually none. Yes, the media will poke around and there will be LTE's etc., but that will pass. If it's going to happen, there's zero advantage in waiting until 2017.

I see executive actiin as a last resort "nuclear option." It will come off as sneaky and underhanded. .. like OMalleys last minute rules. Maybe im biased and tired of unilateral executive action even when i agree with the result.

Plus, not Hogans style IMHO. I think he will try to sell it first. With executive action one loses control of the narrative.

Im not convinced legislation is impossible. I want to see what makes in out of commitee now that OMalley goons are not in charge.

If Dems were smart, they'd "allow" themselves to be dragged into turning the HQL into a CCW. They'd wail and gnash their teeth blame Hogans teahadist agenda for giving them no choice, then grab some school construction funding or something. He made me do it! Smart dems know this is coming. They also saw what an abysmal failure Browns guns in schoolyard commercials were.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    As far as HQL and permits go, I'd think getting the permit to act as the HQL is more likely.

Otherwise, I think you're pretty spot on

Already effectively true. If you get a carry permit then, under section 306(d), you get a HQL if you don't have one already, without any further application or ado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom