Who needs a gun in Charles Village, Baltimore?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Just in on the radio: John Alexander Wagner had many parole violations and was NOT sent back to jail. This surpasses disgusting!

This! Crime is such a problem in MD because they are allowed to release offenders so easily. Should have heard the State Attorney's office dance around this question this morning on WBAL 1090. The interviewer asked the attorney why he was released even though he had violated parole multiple times! The attorney responded with something like "well we have to and its not right of them, blah blah..." Let's make MD Shall Issue and lawfully armed citizens will do what the government cant'.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    I am not familiar with the area in question, but a few years back I was sent to the Hopkins Center at 1100 Eager Street. I looked it up on a map, and thought I'd take a train, and then walk. How bad could it be, only 11 blocks from Penn. Once I crossed over 395 (I think) I found out. Walked passed the lock up, the new city housing, the new city pool, the dozen crackheads selling open air behind the new pool house... They asked me if I was "Five-oh". My reply? "Do you want me to be?" I guess that confused them enough to leave me be temporarily. Sure would have been nice to have had my .40.
    When I left, a cabbie called out my name. He screamed, "YO WHITEBOY!", and then asked me if I wanted a ride. I politely told him I was waiting on the bus. He shook his head, getting in his cab, he said, "Yeah, if you live that long." Did I mention that it would have been nice to have had my .40? I betcha dude wished he'd had one too.

SDA

May 22, 2008
    Dun-Doc Hun
    What we need are tougher laws on people illegally carrying knives. I mean come on, look how well the gun laws work! :innocent0

Put a wall around the entire city and let the vermin kill each other. When the dust settles, go in, clean up the mess and start fresh.

Actually, what would be great is the "League of Shadows" from Batman Begins. Let them come in and "reboot" the city. :party29:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    What we need are tougher laws on people illegally carrying knives. I mean come on, look how well the gun laws work! :innocent0

Put a wall around the entire city and let the vermin kill each other. When the dust settles, go in, clean up the mess and start fresh.

Actually, what would be great is the "League of Shadows" from Batman Begins. Let them come in and "reboot" the city. :party29:

Like "Escape from New York". Love that movie.

This was discussed this morning on WCBM news talk radio. They also suggested Maryland should issue CCW permits...And was very adement(sp?) about it.

It was a good segment on the right to carry and protect yourself.

So, come November, vote right!!!!!!!!!!

dan

TBAGRR

Feb 12, 2009
    Edgewater
    I hate going to Bmore everytime i go i have my Kabar in the truck and my M&P knife on my side, this is the most i can do with our wonderful law system!!! A big A$$ knife can make people think twice or give u a chance at fighting back!!!

ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    I hate going to Bmore everytime i go i have my Kabar in the truck and my M&P knife on my side, this is the most i can do with our wonderful law system!!! A big A$$ knife can make people think twice or give u a chance at fighting back!!!

+1. When I go to Bodymore, I'm armed to the extent the law allows (pepper spray, knife, openly-carried telescoping 16in baton).

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    I'm applying for a permit. Twice now I've come close to being jacked in Bodymore. I refuse to become a statistic. In both cases, I was minding my own business. The first time I got sent to a medical center on Eager Street (not knowing where or what lived there) and the second time I was following my Tom-tom, as it took me out passed the Cemetery, through all of the neighborhoods with the blue light poles...

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    I'm applying for a permit. Twice now I've come close to being jacked in Bodymore. I refuse to become a statistic. In both cases, I was minding my own business. The first time I got sent to a medical center on Eager Street (not knowing where or what lived there) and the second time I was following my Tom-tom, as it took me out passed the Cemetery, through all of the neighborhoods with the blue light poles...

Those incidents alone won't get you a permit, but if you've got the $100+ to blow, there's a lawyer looking for people on this forum who have been denied a permit, I'm assuming to bring a suit against MD's "may-issue" permitting system.

That aside, it doesn't seem to be unheard of for individuals to exercise a little 'civil disobedience' to protect themselves, and being extra-careful to not attract the attention of law enforcement while doing so. I personally think it's not a very good idea, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    Those incidents alone won't get you a permit, but if you've got the $100+ to blow, there's a lawyer looking for people on this forum who have been denied a permit, I'm assuming to bring a suit against MD's "may-issue" permitting system.

That aside, it doesn't seem to be unheard of for individuals to exercise a little 'civil disobedience' to protect themselves, and being extra-careful to not attract the attention of law enforcement while doing so. I personally think it's not a very good idea, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Yes, I understand about the insufficient justification. I saw the lawyer's post, but am already in-process.

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    benchmade-10100sbp.jpg

Lawyer56

Feb 10, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    When was the last time that a knife stopped a bullet? Too many illegal handguns in the possession of too many teenagers and/or bad guys in Baltimore City.

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    When was the last time that a knife stopped a bullet? Too many illegal handguns in the possession of too many teenagers and/or bad guys in Baltimore City.
    It's better than whipping out your d*&*, and the only carry option afforded to most in this state. A firearm is most unlikely to stop a bullet either if it is sitting locked at home in your safe.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    It's better than whipping out your d*&*, and the only carry option afforded to most in this state. A firearm is most unlikely to stop a bullet either if it is sitting locked at home in your safe.

Perhaps whipping out one's member might serve them better. You can compare sizes to your would be attacker, and thus empithize. If yours is smaller, you can use it to allow them to feel superior. If you are more well endowed, maybe you can hug, thus letting the little gang banger really understand that you feel their pain. In any case, you need to talk to them, to begin to understand how it is that they got to where they are. Let them know that you are human, it's O.K. to show some emotion. Begin to unlock the true meaning of your hidden inner-self...:D

I'm sure I've seen this on Oprah (sic) before...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom