• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Anyone bought reloading gear from Shyda's in Lebanon, PA? I am tired of buying powder by mail since I was unable to pick it up from UPS after I missed the home delivery. Shyda's seems to have everything you need for reloading and it's only less than 2 hours from home. Or maybe there is some place closer? Any good sources in VA?

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I have had good luck with the Gun Shack in Mt. Airy or shows in York or Gettysburg for powder/primers. The shows are cheaper than the stores I find but stores are more convenient.

I keep a rolling list and pick up all the things I need to keep it simple in the long run for me.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    They stock a ton of powder and primers, usually great prices, good way to beat hazmat shipping fees. They stock a decent number of Hornady bullets, and a couple other brands, but not much for cheap bulk FMJ.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Glad to hear Shyda's is still in business. We used to make the run up there to buy shot. They were also the only place I knew of that stocked bags of buckshot.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    Shydas is my go to for powder and shotgun shells. It's about an hours ride for me from Parkton/MD Line. Great place and the clothing/shoe selection and prices arent so bad either.....

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    I look forward to my daughters indoor Field Hockey season. Most of her tournaments are played in PA. My last experience at Shyda's was a quick one. Walk in, greetings at the counter, hand the man the list, give him $900 or so (5000 rounds worth), walk back down stairs, pull truck up to garage door, door opens, transfer stuff from cart to truck with their help and drive away. Maybe it took 12 minutes...

Heads up, last year on December 30th, they were closed for inventory, bummer when I found out pulling into there parking lot with only one other car there.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I look forward to my daughters indoor Field Hockey season. Most of her tournaments are played in PA. My last experience at Shyda's was a quick one. Walk in, greetings at the counter, hand the man the list, give him $900 or so (5000 rounds worth), walk back down stairs, pull truck up to garage door, door opens, transfer stuff from cart to truck with their help and drive away. Maybe it took 12 minutes...

Heads up, last year on December 30th, they were closed for inventory, bummer when I found out pulling into there parking lot with only one other car there.

My buddy and I drove 2+ hours only to find out they were closed for the opening day of deer season! Luckily we had other things to do up there so it wasn’t a total loss.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Shyda's is great for shotgun powder and stuff. They also service Trap and Skeet machines. I know they occasionally come down to LRSTC to work on a amcineand are the goto for parts. I think they also service the AGC machines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom