• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I am going to state a few facts. Too much information here would not be appropriate. I am just going to say what needs to be said.

1). Today at 6:00 am MSP knocked on the door of a friend. He was already at work and his wife answered the door. MSP was there to CONFISCATE a couple firearms.
    2). My buddy's wife called him right away and he came home.
    3). They were there for his 26 year old son's recently purchased regulated firearms.
    4). The young man was also at work already which is irrelevant because he does not live at this address now.
    5). MSP did NOT ask to see any of my buddy's firearms.
    6). The young man bought and waited for NOT DISAPROVED paperwork and picked up said regulated firearm last December.
    7). Young man picked up another regulated firearm a couple days ago.
    8). Said young man keeps most of his firearms at Dad's house because he has not moved his safe to his house yet.
    9). Police only wanted these two regulated firearms. They let my buddy keep his son's unregulated firearms since the young man does not reside at this address.
    10). Young man has a C&R licence obtained a few months ago.
    11). Yes, he had a PBJ when he was 17. I am not giving details.
    12). My buddy and his son now have Rusty Shackleford's IP info.
    13). If the kid is smart, he will call the man.

I did not post this to get a bunch of responses about the law. We will let the young man deal with all that stuff with a professional, thank you.

I just wanted you guys (and gals) to know that this happed to someone I know.

Lastly.......NO, neither Dad nor son are members of this forum.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I am going to state a few facts. Too much information here would not be appropriate. I am just going to say what needs to be said.

1). Today at 6:00 am MPS knocked on the door of a friend. He was already at work and his wife answered the door. MPS was there to CONFISCATE a couple firearms.
    2). My buddy's wife called him right away and he came home.
    3). They were there for his 26 year old son's recently purchased regulated firearms.
    4). The young man was also at work already which is irrelevant because he does not live at this address now.
    5). MPS did NOT ask to see any of my buddy's firearms.
    6). The young man bought and waited for NOT DISAPROVED paperwork and picked up said regulated firearm last December.
    7). Young man picked up another regulated firearm a couple days ago.
    8). Said young man keeps most of his firearms at Dad's house because he has not moved his safe to his house yet.
    9). Police only wanted these two regulated firearms. They let my buddy keep his son's unregulated firearms since the young man does not reside at this address.
    10). Young man has a C&R licence obtained a few months ago.
    11). Yes, he had a PBJ when he was 17. I am not giving details.
    12). My buddy and his son now have Rusty Shackleford's IP info.
    13). If the kid is smart, he will call the man.

I did not post this to get a bunch of responses about the law. We will let the young man deal with all that stuff with a professional, thank you.

I just wanted you guys (and gals) to know that this happed to someone I know.

Lastly.......NO, neither Dad nor son are members of this forum.

Exactly what the communist in Annapolis want.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Were they confiscated because of the pbj?
    Either its legal to own them or it isn't.
    Why were they confiscated?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Sounds like Jr. is a prohibited person...maybe should have thought about what consequences his actions would have had down the road when he was breaking the law.

I'm sure I'll be in the minority.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Most likely. PBJ wasn't a disqualifier before SB281, now it is.....

How they can do this retroactively and legally is beyond me.

It's like saying you get a $20.00 speeding ticket for doing 65 in a 55.

Then they change the speed limit to 25 a few years later and they come back and revoke your drivers license for reckless driving.

Insane!

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Sounds like Jr. is a prohibited person...maybe should have thought about what consequences his actions would have had down the road when he was breaking the law.

I'm sure I'll be in the minority.

This is a genuinely honest question. I've been trying to follow all of the MD law, but it's hard to follow...especially since I live in NC now and the rigamarole does not apply to me.

Can the State of MD confiscate something that was legally purchased after they discover the owner is no longer eligible to own it due to NEWLY ESTABLISHED criteria? Are they going through every single record just to find a reason to confiscate?

I know it sounds like a goofy question, but I simply do not understand anything when it comes to guns and the state of Maryland anymore.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    Were they confiscated because of the pbj?
    Either its legal to own them or it isn't.
    Why were they confiscated?

Exactly, so why did the TWO regulated firearms "registration"s get NOT disapproved?
    Why come and take them after they have been picked up instead of disapproving?...........Remeber, I said he just picked up the second regulated firearm two days ago.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Did they have a warrant, or do they not need one in this circumstance?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Exactly, so why did the TWO regulated firearms "registration"s get NOT disapproved?
    Why come and take them after they have been picked up instead of disapproving?

I'm thinking that those BS PBJ's don't pop up in the state's super duper 7 day-6 month background checks. Maybe researching the PBJ's is all part of a separate operation.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    How they can do this retroactively and legally is beyond me.

They have been doing it for years. There are plenty of instances where people bought guns legally years ago, they changed the laws to make whatever crime they were convicted of a diqualifier, and they come and confiscate their guns. If they haven't heard of the 2A, they certainly haven't heard of ex post facto laws.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom