• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I did a search and couldn't find anything. Last year, this bill was killed in committee. It allows for licensed bow hunters to open carry a handgun in Region A. It was reintroduced this year with some support including gun grabber Jim Robey (WTF?????). Well, folks, it actually made it out of committee with the switch of a vote from none other than Jim Rosapepe (Double WTF?????) who ran many years ago against John Gianetti as the gun grabber candidate. It received a 6-5 favorable report and goes to the Senate floor. I can't believe a pro-carry bill of any stripe made it anywhere this year but there you have it. Maybe they did take notice last year.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&tab=subject3&id=sb0231&stab=01&ys=2014RS

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    Maybe there is hope yet.

I have had people walking dogs or mountain biking and what not try to "engage" me in a debate while hunting on public land, and while its never come to that a little deterrence never hurt. Add to that the increase in the black bear population, and its not a bad idea.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I would love to think this has something to do with my email exchanges with Rosepepe. I've met him (years ago) at a couple social events. Now when I talk about gun issues with 'them' I remind them I am now a Democrat and can't wait for the primary election. They seem a lot more interested in what I have to say now.

Try it. :)

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

I am shocked as well. The lack of consistency is what is astounding.

So we might be able to protect ourselves against animals in one part of the state but no such luck protecting ourselves against the far more dangerous animals that we encounter every day in areas like Baltimore City and PG County.

Last edited:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    If they were to some how attach it to the DNR regs as a way of humanely killing a deer wounded by an arrow, it may have a chance.

But then you would have to find a way around the "no modern/breech loading rifle or handgun" hunting regulations in Baltimore and other counties.

Would preventing a wounded Bambi from suffering be considered hunting?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    If they were to some how attach it to the DNR regs as a way of humanely killing a deer wounded by an arrow, it may have a chance.

But then you would have to find a way around the "no modern/breech loading rifle or handgun" hunting regulations in Baltimore and other counties.

Would preventing a wounded Bambi from suffering be considered hunting?

That is being a moral and ethical hunter. If the animal is suffering, release it from the pain and suffering, with the best tool at your disposal. It is what my dad taught me, should I ever come across a wounded animal that is suffering. He also taught me to only take shots that I know will put the animal down in a clean, ethical, and humane way. Always go for the center mass where the vital organs are.

crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park
    The Moron is strong with these politicians. Hunting those dangerous attack deer is worrisome, but i am more worried when my wife heads towards Baltimore.

just a few questions,
    Why do I have to have a bow if i am just going down to the mini mart to pick up a few things? The gun, holster and ammo cost enough already.
    What does a bow have to do with 2A? We Would look pretty conspicuous carrying these bows everywhere.

We need to repeal all of these unconstitutional gun laws like MO is doing and stop wasting our energy on stupid nuance.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    More in my point...

To restrict a lawful hunter (beyond the DNR regs) is like trying to overly regulate any other pastime or sport.

For example what if they passed a law that said climbers could only carry an ice ax only in certain counties in Maryland?

101.jpg

Or what if there was a law that said you could only carry a baseball bat to and from a baseball game, sporting goods store, bat repair shop, or dog training event?

Or a law that prohibited a person from making their own bat?
    baseball-bat-2.jpg

I say it's not the mere possession of an ice ax, baseball bat, or gun that we should be making laws about; the issue is of intent and action. You can drive a car all day long, but if you plan to drive it into the oncoming lane or drive a bus over a cliff, then we have a problem. I'm I off track here?

ninjaroll

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 27, 2013
    More in my point...

To restrict a lawful hunter (beyond the DNR regs) is like trying to overly regulate any other pastime or sport.

For example what if they passed a law that said climbers could only carry an ice ax only in certain counties in Maryland?

101.jpg

Or what if there was a law that said you could only carry a baseball bat to and from a baseball game, sporting goods store, bat repair shop, or dog training event?

Or a law that prohibited a person from making their own bat?
    baseball-bat-2.jpg

I say it's not the mere possession of an ice ax, baseball bat, or gun that we should be making laws about; the issue is of intent and action. You can drive a car all day long, but if you plan to drive it into the oncoming lane or drive a bus over a cliff, then we have a problem. I'm I off track here?
    You can't establish intent unless you communicate intent. How do I know you plan to drive into oncoming traffic unless you attempt to drive into oncoming traffic or make it clear by threatening that you are going to drive into oncoming traffic. My problem with this bill is constitutional carry will be permitted only if hunting. NO, this violates MY 2A and 14thA rights. If one can open carry, we all can open carry. This is why I keep saying that CCW permitting violates my 14ThA rights.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Passed the Senate 43-2. What is going on down there? 43 votes in favor of some shade of open carry?????

ninjaroll

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 27, 2013
    I guess I'm going to have to go buy a bow. I'm going to look like the most heavily armed man as I have my pistol on my belt, and long rifle and bow over each shoulder just so I can open carry.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    Well... the way I read that bill, it's simply telling DNR if the "Hunter" is qualified to carry a handgun under 4-203, he "should" be allowed to carry while Bow hunting.......
    Besides, one can already "Hunt" with an approved Handgun. I think this is just an effort to get DNR to agree to additional protection while Bow hunting......but 4-203 is a "hook" in this thing.

I Think.....
    R

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    For a group that is all about carrying for everyone, there ain't much love for the hunters here.

There are many reasons why a person should be allowed to carry a handgun while bow hunting.

The new law should state that any hunter in any county on any land should be allowed to carry.

Some on here don't get this law. I don't get those who are against it.

I guess it's because if it doesn't include you, it doesn't matter. And people wonder why we're loosing this battle. I'll tell you why. Zero unity on all fronts.

ninjaroll

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 27, 2013
    For a group that is all about carrying for everyone, there ain't much love for the hunters here.

There are many reasons why a person should be allowed to carry a handgun while bow hunting.

The new law should state that any hunter in any county on any land should be allowed to carry.

Some on here don't get this law. I don't get those who are against it.

I guess it's because if it doesn't include you, it doesn't matter. And people wonder why we're loosing this battle. I'll tell you why. Zero unity on all fronts.

For me the opposite is true. If I am not included then I don't want anyone doing it. I have nothing against hunters, but right now some politicians want to drive a wedge between us. This bill could do exactly that. You may open carry as long as you are hunting. The 2A doesn't say shall not be infringed if you are hunting.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Well... the way I read that bill, it's simply telling DNR if the "Hunter" is qualified to carry a handgun under 4-203, he "should" be allowed to carry while Bow hunting.......
    Besides, one can already "Hunt" with an approved Handgun. I think this is just an effort to get DNR to agree to additional protection while Bow hunting......but 4-203 is a "hook" in this thing.

I Think.....
    R

I got the same thing out of this. Basically if you already are one of the chosen few to get a CCW, then you can carry while bow hunting. For John Q, the rules are still in effect. I am sure Region A will be swarming with DNR and MDSP just looking for hunters illegally carrying a sidearm during bow season.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    For me the opposite is true. If I am not included then I don't want anyone doing it. I have nothing against hunters, but right now some politicians want to drive a wedge between us. This bill could do exactly that. You may open carry as long as you are hunting. The 2A doesn't say shall not be infringed if you are hunting.

A wedge? Please tell me you're joking. Hunters utilizing firearms MAY make up 3 percent of Maryland's population and bow hunters/crossbow hunters MAY make up 1 percent of the population. Won't take much of a wedge to divide the 4 and the 96. I don't see this as a wedge issue, but if there is a wedge, you're the one wielding it. Maybe it could be a small win for OUR side. Maybe they'll figure out that no one got shot or killed after it passed. Maybe it would lead to other small wins down the road. YES! I said it on an open forum so Annapolis can see it. So they can plan their next move and divide (with that wedge) and slaughter us. Now they won't pass it because they read it here first.

I.G.M is alive and well in Maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom