• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Brochin has been pretty good for 2A but he gets a lot of crap for not following the party line.

We need to hit him and show our support.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Just sent:
    Honorable Senator Brochin:

I was sad to read of your support of an Assault Weapons Ban. Such a ban would do nothing to prevent the use of such weapons by criminals. Indeed, such weapons are very rarely used by criminals.

A ban would limit rifles used by millions for target shooting, competition and self defense.

Please oppose any new gun legislation.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Sent mine via LinkedIn

Senator Brochin,

I recently became aware of your support of an "assault weapon" ban in Maryland. I am saddened to see this, especially considering your support of our constitutional rights in the past.

"Assault weapons" are not used in the vast majority of crimes. In fact, the ATF discovered that the federal "assault weapon" ban had little to no effect on violence of crime.

I strongly encourage voting AGAINST "high capacity magazine" bans (this will not reduce crime and only punish law abiding citizens), AGAINST an "assault weapon" ban and FOR mental health reform. It is important that our constitutional rights are not eroded without well-reasoned decisions based on concrete facts and logic.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message, as I am sure you have been extremely busy with the new legislative session.

Respectfully,
    6-Pack

I sent this via LinkedIn in the hopes it would add a more personal touch. In the past he has been responsive when I've e-mailed him.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Senator Brochin,

I recently became aware of your support of an "assault weapon" ban in Maryland. I am saddened to see this, especially considering your support of our constitutional rights in the past...

Respectfully,
    6-Pack

I sent this via LinkedIn in the hopes it would add a more personal touch. In the past he has been responsive when I've e-mailed him.

6-Pack,

Very well written and to the point. I just lifted this, and forwarded my own email to Mr Brochin....

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I wrote:

Senator Brochin - I was very saddened to learn that you are in support of an "assault" weapon ban. I am a lifelong Marylander and proud gunowner.

I cannot support any politician who does not fully support my constitutional rights. I'd like to suggest you take a quick look at the following (short) slideshow which may enlighten you as to many fallacies of such a ban.

http://www.assaultweapon.info

2014 is right around the corner. I vote, and I typically contact as many friends, family, and fellow Marylanders as possible in times like this. I respectfully ask that you reconsider your stance on this critical issue.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

wjackcooper

Feb 9, 2011
    HoCoShooter;

Great link, I hope you will send it to all of the politicians, newspapers, radio and tv.

Regards
    Jack

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Just sent:
    Honorable Senator Brochin:

I was sad to read of your support of an Assault Weapons Ban. Such a ban would do nothing to prevent the use of such weapons by criminals. Indeed, such weapons are very rarely used by criminals.

A ban would limit rifles used by millions for target shooting, competition and self defense.

Please oppose any new gun legislation.

:lol2: i just got a good laugh. I started to read this and thought it said "Horrible Senator Brochin". I was thinking WOW he really sent that.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    HoCoShooter;

Great link, I hope you will send it to all of the politicians, newspapers, radio and tv.

Regards
    Jack

Thanks - I just sent the following letter to the editor(s):

Dear Editor:

As the nationwide media frenzy about banning guns continues, it seems that honest, fair and knowledgeable reporting on the issue is almost impossible to come by.

Many of the persons researching and writing articles have no idea what they are reporting on. We continue to see AR-15 rifles being referred to as automatic weapons (they are not), our elected leaders ban weapons with features such as collapsible stocks and flash hiders without having the vaguest idea what these items even are, or what purpose they serve on a rifle.

Rushing to pass "common-sense" legislation is anything but if we, as the general public, are uneducated on the matter. Doing so is arbitrary and capricious, especially in the wake of a national tragedy such as Newtown, CT and Aurora, CO.

The amount of misinformation out there right now is downright frightening, so I'd like to ask readers to take the time to visit two links that provide a wealth of common sense information regarding guns and common public misconceptions.

http://assaultweapon.info

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/an-opinion-on-gun-control

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

####

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Brochin's current opinion should not be felt to be unchangeable. If you are in his district, keep calling. Better yet, go to his office and talk to him.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Brochin has been pretty good on 2nd amendment rights, but he is getting a lot of push back from Democrats.

Let's try to educate him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom