• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    We all know that registered firearm and ccw permit holder info is very likely being shared between agencies within the State but why would this information be shared with federal agencies like the C.I.A.? Why would they be interested in this information? I suppose my other question is how long before these databases are searchable by the general public. IMO It’s only a matter of time my fellow MDShooters!

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It’s against MD law for permit information to be shared with the public.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It’s against MD law for permit information to be shared with the public.

As well as other government agencies, unless it pertains to an investigation, per Maryland State Statute.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Sure if you guys say so.

If you don't believe us, then why don't you submit a PIA request to the Department of Public Safety and Corrections and ask them for a list of what agencies they have had requests from, and what agencies they have fullfilled requests for as well as what agencies they have denied requests from?

I'm really tired of all the BS, "yeah right" comments. If people don't believe the information they are given, then they need to get off of their asses and either do the research themselves or submit the requests themselves, instead of playing this passive agressive BS.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Even if they are not allowed to share the info and they never change there mind, I guarantee you that various intelligence agencies have everything. And think of all the data that is stolen from government and corporate databases all the time. Security is a constant and expensive process involving a lot of diligence. You can't just buy information security and call it a day. Plus you often have non IT folks making decisions based on convenience and cost without really understanding why certain security measures are important. And even a fictional person with perfect diligence, skill, and an unlimited budget can fall prey to a zero day or other newly discovered vulnerability. I assume that any database can and will be breached eventually by someone. It seems to be only a matter of time before someone gets access.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Look folks I'm not talking movies, hacking breaches or conspiracy. I'm just giving a heads up on what is very plausibly going on between agencies within our state and at a Federal level. If you naively believe that this information isn't being shared due to privacy concerns you are sadly and woefully mistaken. You are right if people cared to do the research and spend any time talking to certain people that work in certain local and federal government agencies I'm sure some would openly talk about it. It's almost as if they don't see anything wrong with doing it (many don't even seem to understand that sharing this information would be illegal strangely enough) I would assume they already even have their own API's which allows them to query these databases :innocent0 ;) :innocent0 (but what do I know I'm just another nobody). Last question I suppose is who is going to stop them? Who watches the watchers?

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Guess I'm cynical, I always assumed agencies, offices, etc freely shared and permanently documented just about everything that could be documented about you...regardless of statute or promise.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Look folks I'm not talking movies, hacking breaches or conspiracy. I'm just giving a heads up on what is very plausibly going on between agencies within our state and at a Federal level. If you naively believe that this information isn't being shared due to privacy concerns you are sadly and woefully mistaken. You are right if people cared to do the research and spend any time talking to certain people that work in certain local and federal government agencies I'm sure some would openly talk about it. It's almost as if they don't see anything wrong with doing it (many don't even seem to understand that sharing this information would be illegal strangely enough) I would assume they already even have their own API's which allows them to query these databases :innocent0 ;) :innocent0 (but what do I know I'm just another nobody). Last question I suppose is who is going to stop them? Who watches the watchers?

Go back and do a search on PII lawsuit, back in 2013. All of your answers are in that thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom