• ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I 'spect this is what you meant.:)
    Sort of. They left me no other choice. In addition to ammo choices, people also seem to get upset if you have anything but a stock trigger in your HD gun. Somehow thinking the prosecution will imply the trigger pulled itself. I assure you, if I ever have to shoot to neutralize a threat every trigger pull was intentional.

I can't, or won't bother to look it up. I have seen prosecutors try for premeditation with even using hollow points. Just my personal preference so I'll refuse to get all defensive. Go ahead and use them if you want. In this state? Not a frikkin chance with me.

So a good shoot will suddenly be a bad shoot if you use the same ammo the police use? BGOS.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    It's a case of BGOS. People being worried about after-market triggers, ammo etc. if you intend to pull the trigger, and intend to hit the attacker center mass, and you intend to incapacitate that person, mission accomplished. My HD gun is a suppressed short barreled AR with a suppressor chambered in .300 BLK loaded with Hornady A-max 220 grain rounds. I have a 40 round magazine. It has a red dot and a 1000 lumen light. It also has a Geissele trigger. If I shoot someone (God forbid), it's because that is my intention. I protected my family. Did I carefully consider the configuration of my HD firearm? Absolutely I did. I configured it to meet my potential needs. Did I choose ammo that I thought would incapacitate an attacker? Yep, sure did. Did I keep firing until there was no longer a threat? Yep. Did I train to do that? Yep. If my family is safe, I did my job. Am I worried about being convicted for killing someone in my house? Not at all.

I always loved the idea of having a home defense gun with a suppressor. I can't imagine hunting for hearing protection in an emergency, and in such confined space with a rifle the supressor is a no brainer.

I always held off because I was afraid if I ever did have to use it, having an NFA firearm or item involved would screw me over in MD due to an overzealous politically motivated prosecutor.

You may have changed my mind

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    In addition to ammo choices, people also seem to get upset if you have anything but a stock trigger in your HD gun. Somehow thinking the prosecution will imply the trigger pulled itself. I assure you, if I ever have to shoot to neutralize a threat every trigger pull was intentional.

Not to beat a dead horse, but if you've got a modified gun (especially, the trigger system) and there was an accidental discharge or injured bystander or some other type of collateral damage related to your firearm use, a hungry lawyer's likely to go after that modification as "evidence" of premeditation or malicious intent (this comes from Ayoob). I realize opinions're divided on the subject, but I think it merits consideration.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Not to beat a dead horse, but if you've got a modified gun (especially, the trigger system) and there was an accidental discharge or injured bystander or some other type of collateral damage related to your firearm use, a hungry lawyer's likely to go after that modification as "evidence" of premeditation or malicious intent (this comes from Ayoob). I realize opinions're divided on the subject, but I think it merits consideration.

I use what I train with and train with what I like. I understand where people are coming from with these issues, but I see no reason to lessen my advantage because I am worried about lawsuits or being convicted of murder when I clearly defended my home and family from an invader. I'll continue to use my Geissele trigger. My HD gun is also my favorite range gun. Once I get my image intensifier into a PVS-14 housing, that will be mounted on my HD gun as well. Then I'll have Gen 3 night vision on a suppressed SBR .300 BLK. :D

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I use what I train with and train with what I like. I understand where people are coming from with these issues, but I see no reason to lessen my advantage because I am worried about lawsuits or being convicted of murder when I clearly defended my home and family from an invader. I'll continue to use my Geissele trigger. My HD gun is also my favorite range gun. Once I get my image intensifier into a PVS-14 housing, that will be mounted on my HD gun as well. Then I'll have Gen 3 night vision on a suppressed SBR .300 BLK. :D

Have you read Branca's The Law of Self Defense?

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    Sort of. They left me no other choice. In addition to ammo choices, people also seem to get upset if you have anything but a stock trigger in your HD gun. Somehow thinking the prosecution will imply the trigger pulled itself. I assure you, if I ever have to shoot to neutralize a threat every trigger pull was intentional.

So a good shoot will suddenly be a bad shoot if you use the same ammo the police use? BGOS.

Got that right.. I've been watching the recent Maryland states attorney.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville

Welcome to the club. Just make sure you get the USGI version of the rail mount, I bought a LaRue mount, and it's just additional bulk on my (almost identical) HD SBR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom