• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ninjaroll

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 27, 2013
    A wedge? Please tell me you're joking. Hunters utilizing firearms MAY make up 3 percent of Maryland's population and bow hunters/crossbow hunters MAY make up 1 percent of the population. Won't take much of a wedge to divide the 4 and the 96. I don't see this as a wedge issue, but if there is a wedge, you're the one wielding it.

I.G.M is alive and well in Maryland.

Why do you think SB281 left bolt rifles and shotguns off the ban list. Why do you think SB281 didn't require HQL's to purchase these rifles and shotguns? Why do you think politicians who voted for SB281 said in the same breath they support the 2A and hunters? I have nothing against hunters, but to give hunters the " right " to open carry a pistol while hunting is a slap in the face to every Maryland citizen who would be denied that same right unless they are hunting.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Why do you think SB281 left bolt rifles and shotguns off the ban list. Why do you think SB281 didn't require HQL's to purchase these rifles and shotguns? Why do you think politicians who voted for SB281 said in the same breath they support the 2A and hunters? I have nothing against hunters, but to give hunters the " right " to open carry a pistol while hunting is a slap in the face to every Maryland citizen who would be denied that same right unless they are hunting.

Like I said earlier, there are many reasons why a hunter, any hunter, would like to have a handgun with them while they're in the woods. Since you are not a hunter, I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

ninjaroll

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 27, 2013
    Like I said earlier, there are many reasons why a hunter, any hunter, would like to have a handgun with them while they're in the woods. Since you are not a hunter, I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

I'd like to have a handgun while I'm walking the streets of Baltimore. With the 14thA in mind, how does your reason (s) trump mine?

6Den

Feb 10, 2013
    Howard County
    I do believe this is a step in the right direction. At the very least, it is an acknowledgement that handgun carry on a broader spectrum is a legitimate means of self defense. Perhaps it might be more palatable to allow this in the woods before doing so on the streets. It is not across the board like we wish, but it IS a chance for us to prove that it can be done responsibly and effectively. I don't see this dividing us, unless we let it.

crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park
    If its banned in Baltimore, its banned everywhere. Legal? not so much. Bottom line is unless you are a criminal, there are no people that are more entitled to the 2nd amendment than any other. No matter what.

See how that works.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Wouldn't it be kind of hard to "open" carry while hunting? You'd have to strap on the holster outside your jacket. I guess maybe low on the leg would work like in a tactical holster. Any kind of waistband holster would be covered by your outer clothing and jacket correct? I can see it happening but I think it would end up kind of cumbersome.

I don't think it a surprise that this passed. Obviously the sponsor is either a hunter or has hunter friends/supporters that pushed this.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I see this as nothing more than a plan to further divide us. They don't want the hunters up in arms with the rest of us, BUT

Even though I don't hunt at all so this bill does nothing for me,I am happy that it is at least a step forward for some. maybe even a foot in the right direction for all of us if we STICK TOGETHER.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I see this as nothing more than a plan to further divide us. They don't want the hunters up in arms with the rest of us, BUT

Yup.

Exempt current and retired LEO's, exempt current and former Military.......

Never understood why more people don't stand up and admit these exemptions are WRONG.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    A very faint light bulb went off in my melon... in light of the 9th CA decision in Cali... wouldn't this serve as "allowing open carry" in some form to trump the "good cause" for concealed. If you must have 1 or the other to avoid being unconstitutional, their thought may be "See, we allow open... so, no, you cannot carry concealed..."???? :shrug: If that IS the case, then it IS a trap...:mad54:
    I'm probably way off base here.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Frosh voted in favor of this bill on the Senate floor. The two nays came from Ferguson and Pinsky.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    What? Frosh voted to allow bow hunters to open carry? Granted I see the reasoning being that in region A there are black bears, and maybe some feral hogs running around, but Frosh? What's that weasel up to?

For those not in the know, PA passed a law maybe 5 years ago that allows holders of an LTCF to carry concealed while hunting, including bowhunting. Not as a hunting gun, but for self protection. This way a pistol strapped to a hunter is not seen as possible poaching since you cannot hunt with a semi auto there. And for a bow hunter to have a firearm while bow hunting, and again not be seen as a poacher. Of course PA is shall-issue, so to see a similar bill in MD for open carry is totally radical, esp for the likes of the weasel set like Frosh. to be supporting it.

I will assume it is some suck-up to hunters by the Froshy weasel clan, but let's not get all divided into a hunter vs non hunter thing here. Maybe a pack of coyotes will menace the hell out of Frosh as he takes a weasely walk in the Rock Creek parklands around his beloved Bethesda. Perhaps such an occurrence will make him start thinking about the more dangerous urban predators that have been lurking far longer than a bunch of 40 pound cat eaters. I doubt it, but one can wish, right?

ninjaroll

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 27, 2013
    Could this be a bone thrown to those in Western Maryland to keep them from further wanting to succeed from Maryland. Something is fishy here!

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    I see conceal carry and open carry while hunting as apples and oranges. But it could be a feeble attempt by Frosh and other Dems that voted for this as if they are 2A supporters for the up coming election. Carrying any firearm while hunting doesn't have squat to do with the 2A! And as a bow hunter I doubt I would carry while hunting, but then again I'm not in region A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom