• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Let me state first off that I’d prefer to buy from a local shop. But sometimes on line prices are too hard to beat, even with the local FFL fee. Or sometimes they have a model or option that isn’t in stock locally.

So I’m wondering what my options are for FFL’s to serve as the local agent to receive an internet purchase on my behalf? It seems weird to buy a device on line and ship it to a gun shop that sells the model instead of just buying it from them. Or is this just standard practice? Who do you guys use for you FFL’s when you buy on line?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chem

Aug 1, 2018
    Let me state first off that I’d prefer to buy from a local shop. But sometimes on line prices are too hard to beat, even with the local FFL fee. Or sometimes they have a model or option that isn’t in stock locally.

So I’m wondering what my options are for FFL’s to serve as the local agent to receive an internet purchase on my behalf? It seems weird to buy a device on line and ship it to a gun shop that sells the model instead of just buying it from them. Or is this just standard practice? Who do you guys use for you FFL’s when you buy on line?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I purchased two firearms online recently and had them transferred through RS Shooting Sports. They are an industry partner on here. They are newer and their transfer fee is only 35 dollars so I gave it a shot and im glad I did. Ordering online and transferring is a standard practice but if you want to see if an ffl can get you a better price just reach out. Id shoot RS a message on here Robbie and Scott are great guys.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    It seems weird to buy a device online and ship it to a gun shop that sells the model instead of just buying it from them.

I'm the same way. I can't bring myself to order something online that I can get at my local FFL. Usually by the time I pay the $40 transfer fee it's either the same price I would have paid from my FFL or it's within a few dollars.

The only time I can justify it is if my FFL can't get it. Last year my brother wanted a P365 but our FFL couldn't get it because they were out of stock everywhere. He finally found one online and had it shipped. Now 6 months later our FFL (and all of the other ones using Gearfire) finally have P365's. My brother ended up spending $15 more than what he can now get it from our FFL.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Go to the IP section. Support those that support the forum.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I've used Reeds Family Outdoors (Northern Firearms) several times, best prices around and great customer service. Also, Kentucky Gun Co.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Winter Firearms in Red Lion for PA folk, or MDers looking for non-prohibited long guns, most online places already have his FFL, if not he handles it quick, $20 for transfers, literally done on his kitchen table.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I have transferred several through The Bank in HdG.

They used to be an IP here. I need to buy them about getting back on the list.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Blue Fins in Dundalk. Tell them you are a MDS member and provide your screen name. You will like....... ;)

Will do. I’m in Canton, so that’s pretty close. I’m also frequently thru or in HoCo, so I can check out SCSG, too. Definitely willing to patronize sponsors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magwell

Mar 19, 2015
    Blue Fins. Check out The Shooting Store on their website site. They may have what your looking for. Pretty good prices and you won't have transfer fee.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Blue Fins. Check out The Shooting Store on their website site. They may have what your looking for. Pretty good prices and you won't have transfer fee.

I checked them out. I don’t understand what the Shooter Store is. Looks like a central inventory that can be sold through lots of potential dealers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom