• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    you're in "hazzard" county like me,where everything is a hazzard, its probably illegal or banned as it might go off and...well you know, its for the chilluns....

someone else might have some proper insight on this issue.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    It's legal everywhere in Md., except Balt. city.

I believe it's also illegal in Ocean City.

As they said, Baltimore and Ocean City are more restrictive and don't permit assisted opening knives. Your selected knife is A-OK in the rest of the state.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...a9c2e4-e26a-11e3-810f-764fe508b82d_story.html

For automatic knives, permissible in the rest of MD, you can't buy or sell in state, but you can buy from out of state and transport in (just be sure to avoid VA and PA, where they are not legal). Automatic knives, unlike assisted openers and most folding knives, can't be carried concealed in MD. They have to be visible, as do fixed blade knives.

MD knife laws, despite some restrictions, are more liberal than knife laws in the majority of states.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Forgot about O.C. Sorry....:whack:

Even these are illegal in OC... go figure.

mS12WXcqoNULoAjRQKMf9nw.jpg

cb51

The problem is, it doesn't really matter what the law says, the cops tend to make it up as they go. Yeah, it will get straitened out at the station, byt by then you've lost a hour or two, until they figure out they have zero on you.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I guess that depends on the definition of assisted opening. That wave knife doesn't appear to have any springing, just a hook cut in the blade that you can catch on something to drag the blade open. IANAL but I'd say that does not qualify as an assisted opening knife.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    you're in "hazzard" county like me,where everything is a hazzard, its probably illegal or banned as it might go off and...well you know, its for the chilluns....

someone else might have some proper insight on this issue.

Howard Co, not Harford Co.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I believe OC doesn't allow any knife carry. Assisted or not.

I don't think that this is correct, but please provide a citation if you're able. In post #5, there's a link to a news story in 2014 where a former Baltimore police chief (holding a similar role in Ocean City) encouraged a "proactive" change that restricted assisted opening knives. Other folding knives were not restricted.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I carry a knife ALOT in OC, and at night. But I"m fishing at the time from the Bridge, Are the OC knife laws for just the boardwalk or street? There a link for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom