Hypothetical: MSP shows up at home and asks to see your regulated firearms...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    ....but you do not have every item on their list inside your safe....maybe you lost it in a boating accident or something.:innocent0 so, what happens next?

Do you have to prove where the boat sank?

With all the recent incidents of "forced registration" for non-regulated items and unannounced Visits by MSP, i am only wondering if they will start "double-checking" everyone's collection to verify you actually have everything you say you bought, and/ or proof that you transferred it according to law ( at the time).:envy:

signature

Jan 16, 2013
    Not to hijack, but what if you are at the range with an ar that you bought 10 years ago. No paper, no reciept, no nothing. Will you be arested and the weapon confiscated?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Not to hijack, but what if you are at the range with an ar that you bought 10 years ago. No paper, no reciept, no nothing. Will you be arested and the weapon confiscated?

No. They would have to have some valid reason for checking the weapon. Tell them they can't see the serial number without a warrant. They have NO valid reason to just stop and check or ask for any papers........at least not yet.

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    The burden of proof is on them. You don't have to prove you bought it before Oct 1st they have to prove you didn't. At least that is my interpretation of the law. I am sure I will need a good attorney when it comes to that.

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    ....but you do not have every item on their list inside your safe....maybe you lost it in a boating accident or something.:innocent0 so, what happens next?

With all the recent incidents of "forced registration" for non-regulated items and unannounced Visits by MSP, i am only wondering if they will start "double-checking" everyone's collection to verify you actually have everything you say you bought, and/ or proof that you transferred it according to law ( at the time).:envy:

How about just
    don't answer the door

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The MSP is at my house now. I told them get a warrant, and they said eat me gunsmith wanker and are tearing up my stash.

Apparently my holster sniffing wasn't enough.

LOL

Mr H

Banana'd

Before I say, "You are scaring me, my friend," I have to state that I know from firsthand experience that MSP's records of RFs are completely verkakt.

I recently completed a transfer where I received a RF that, according to MSP, the seller didn't even own (some 100 days after he bought it legally).

This will be interesting.

Why do I suddenly have a hankerin' for some popcorn????

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    The MSP is at my house now. I told them get a warrant, and they said eat me gunsmith wanker and are tearing up my stash.

Apparently my holster sniffing wasn't enough.

LOL

Sniff harder....
    So was the Trooper a gunsmith telling you to eat his wanker?, or was he calling you a gunsmith wanker? And does that mean you are a gunsmith who wanks or do you wank other gunsmiths...
    I am so confused...

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Sniff harder....
    So was the Trooper a gunsmith telling you to eat his wanker?, or was he calling you a gunsmith wanker? And does that mean you are a gunsmith who wanks or do you wank other gunsmiths...
    I am so confused...

A, B, C, D

or

All the Above

All of the above of course!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04