• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Anyonr here cc the sig 239 in 357 sig? Anyone care to compare it for cc to the glock 33. I am thinking a bit of the sig. pros da/sa. Cons 7 oz heavier than glock, having to buy it when i have a perfectly good glock.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Cons. No longer made by Sig and mags and parts no longer made by Sig. Yet another "drop of support of a good product" by Sig.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    While Sig may have discontinued certain handguns most parts are still available at Top Gun Supply. They have tons of parts. I have owned Sigs for many years, my oldest is a P-228 1991 vintage with somewhere around 20K down the tube (it's my carry/match/training go to) and other then every ten thousand rounds back to Sig for new springs and going over zero parts have ever failed. The only Sig I own that has no support from Sig for extras barrels/parts is my 556xi, they put MDX as their main rifle of the modular type. I bet my life on a Sig everyday. Chris

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    While Sig may have discontinued certain handguns most parts are still available at Top Gun Supply. They have tons of parts. I have owned Sigs for many years, my oldest is a P-228 1991 vintage with somewhere around 20K down the tube (it's my carry/match/training go to) and other then every ten thousand rounds back to Sig for new springs and going over zero parts have ever failed. The only Sig I own that has no support from Sig for extras barrels/parts is my 556xi, they put MDX as their main rifle of the modular type. I bet my life on a Sig everyday. Chris

Not magazines! And while the .357/.40 mags 're still somewhat easy to find, 9mm 239 mags are fetching $70+ on the secondary market. I'm sure it won't be long before the .357/.40 mags are equally rare.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Not magazines! And while the .357/.40 mags 're still somewhat easy to find, 9mm 239 mags are fetching $70+ on the secondary market. I'm sure it won't be long before the .357/.40 mags are equally rare.

If you are looking for magazines at a fair price look at SigForum. Sig owners from all over the world will sell there. P-239 magazines are on there on a regular basis. Chris

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    If you are looking for magazines at a fair price look at SigForum. Sig owners from all over the world will sell there. P-239 magazines are on there on a regular basis. Chris

Yep. That's where I found such mags for $70. Check eBay for some serious prices (keep an AED handy)! Again, these were 9mm, and there's now a thread in their classifieds about people overcharging for 239 mags on that site. Still, with no new mags for any 239 being made (and it never having been a HUGELY popular gun to begin with), .40/.357 mags will go up too. I'd steer clear of any gun for which magazine availability could be problematic.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    I cc'd the P239 in 357SIG for several years when I was LE as it was my agency approved/registered off-duty carry piece and we didn't have many other approved options at the time. Con, as you mentioned, it's heavy. Pretty limited round count for its size/weight when comparing to other options like Glocks. Pro for me at least, it has a very natural point of aim and I was always very accurate with it. Very pleasant gun to shoot and manageable recoil due to its weight (I carried it with the hogue wraparound grips). Haven't ever had a single malfunction of any type in mine with probably 2500ish rounds though it, so it's been very reliable. That said, I very rarely carry it anymore. Personally I just don't like the extra weight and will carry my G43 or G36 or even G19 instead.

boomboom929

Dec 13, 2008
    Rockville
    I cc'd the P239 in 357SIG for several years when I was LE as it was my agency approved/registered off-duty carry piece and we didn't have many other approved options at the time. Con, as you mentioned, it's heavy. Pretty limited round count for its size/weight when comparing to other options like Glocks. Pro for me at least, it has a very natural point of aim and I was always very accurate with it. Very pleasant gun to shoot and manageable recoil due to its weight (I carried it with the hogue wraparound grips). Haven't ever had a single malfunction of any type in mine with probably 2500ish rounds though it, so it's been very reliable. That said, I very rarely carry it anymore. Personally I just don't like the extra weight and will carry my G43 or G36 or even G19 instead.

This is spot on. I've had a 239 since '99 and it's a stellar gun. The .357Sig is a wicked round.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Hi guys. Thanks for the good info. I am certain its a great mechanical piece and i like the sa/da and the looks a lot ( i am shallow in that regard). But between the weight, the cost, the discontinued model, costly mags you have brought me to my meager senses. For a bit i fantasiszed about listing my almost new sig 220 for trade for a 239 and i relaized i would prefer to keep the 220 and that also helped me with the thought of really owning the 239 as the only use would be cc. The G33 is more than adequate for that purpose. But maybe one day i will find one hiding in the dusty corner of some gun shop, preferably broken in. And 8 will make my move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom