• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The Virginia Citizens Defense League is staging their regularly monthly meeting tonight in Annandale VA.

"Fellowship Time" begins at 7pm, and the meeting begins at 8pm and goes to 10pm. This meeting, as always, is open to the public.

This will be the first official rank & file gathering since VCDL Founder and leader Phil Van Cleave was seen to be participating in an anti-gun Showtime Comedy production that held him up to intense ridicule.

I believe Mr. Van Cleave will take the opportunity tonight to either explain more about how he was fooled and/or apologize for allowing himself to be so badly pranked.

I will be attending this VCDL meeting and invite anyone else who would like to join to attend also. I will be arriving well before 7pm as I suspect this meeting may go over capacity for the room and some will be turned away.

This is a firearm carry event, as usual, either concealed (with permit) for Open Carry for any citizen, whether from VA or not.

The address for tonight's meeting is:

Mason Government Center
    Large Conference Room
    6507 Columbia Pike
    Annandale VA 22003

1. Annandale membership meeting

VCDL will have a membership meeting in Annandale on Thursday, July 19.

Fellowship begins at 7:30 p.m., with the meeting called to order at 8 p.m. and adjourning at 9:30 p.m.

As with all membership meetings, this meeting is open to the public, so please bring along friends and family!

If you need any VCDL "stuff", send an email to Bruce Jackson at: Bruce@VCDL.org and he'll try to bring it to the meeting if he gets the notice in time.

For directions, click here:

http://www.vcdl.org/meetings

Carry is legal in this local government building.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Tell Phil he has our (or at least my), support.

I know nothing of this incident, other than this thread.

My question is, in this day and age, knowing the prevailing media culture, how could he let himself be put in such a position?

If he was duped, what’s wrong with handling it the way Tom Selleck did when Rosie O’Donnell pulled that stunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Well, the big question now has an answer—whether Phil Van Cleave would lead this meeting or have his co-leaders chair the meeting.

Phil is here. No media, surprisingly.

Attachments

• A0B6118F-33E7-465C-B688-4270DBB62A41.jpg
      A0B6118F-33E7-465C-B688-4270DBB62A41.jpg
      63.6 KB · Views: 199

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The meeting went A little over 90 minutes. About 75 minutes were used by Phil Van Cleave to describe how complex the prank was, and the many different ways they got him to set aside his suspicions.

He also reiterated that he stayed with the production once he was”suspicious”, but only to investigate who was behind this scenario.

He said the plush “gunanimals” segment was where he thought he had the best chance of discovering who was behind the production so he could ring the alarm.

A significant number of VCDL members urged him to be patient—that this will blow over.

A few insisted there was a cascade of clues that should have resulted in Van Cleave pulling the rip cord, but these ideas were brushed aside as unrealistic by Phil considering how many “legit” production elements were involved, including, phone numbers and website and the largest crew he has ever personally seen.

Phil Van Cleave described that one of the first things he did was surrender his cell phone.

He does not say that he goofed, only that Sacha Baron Cohen & Crew were on their game so completely.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Don’t shoot me...I’m just the piano player.

I did speak privately with Phil and his top Lieutenant, but I won’t divulge the contents of that conversation here.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The meeting went A little over 90 minutes. About 75 minutes were used by Phil Van Cleave to describe how complex the prank was, and the many different ways they got him to set aside his suspicions.

He also reiterated that he stayed with the production once he was”suspicious”, but only to investigate who was behind this scenario.

He said the plush “gunanimals” segment was where he thought he had the best chance of discovering who was behind the production so he could ring the alarm.

A significant number of VCDL members urged him to be patient—that this will blow over.

A few insisted there was a cascade of clues that should have resulted in Van Cleave pulling the rip cord, but these ideas were brushed aside as unrealistic by Phil considering how many “legit” production elements were involved, including, phone numbers and website and the largest crew he has ever personally seen.

Phil Van Cleave described that one of the first things he did was surrender his cell phone.

He does not say that he goofed, only that Sacha Baron Cohen & Crew were on their game so completely.

FamousRealisticCassowary-max-1mb.gif

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Phil seems like a good guy and is obviously a great advocate for the cause, but if he can't handle the (dishonest) media (he clearly can't) he needs to find someone that can - or (better yet) simply deny these interview requests. As a dues paying member that lives in VA, I don't give a crap if he sits down with Katie Couric or anyone else (legit or otherwise). I just don't care and doing so doesn't add any value from my perspective. He seems to be a good executive/administrator for the organization, but he needs a media savvy secretary to run interference. I'll leave it at that.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Holy shit. I just saw the show on SHO and cannot freaking believe that all those folks fell for SBC's line of ********. How stupid are these people?

Kinderguardians? Who the eff thinks it's a good idea for kids to be armed in elementary schools? The folks who appeared in that catastrophe need to be taken out back and have some sense beaten into them. There is no excuse for that kind of stupid. :mad54:

Last edited:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    ^^ This

Don’t shoot me...I’m just the piano player.

I did speak privately with Phil and his top Lieutenant, but I won’t divulge the contents of that conversation here.
    I understand you not wanting to divulge in this open forum, but based on what I am reading in this thread, it seems like he will stay on, and hopes in time everyone will just forget about the incident.

I am mostly ignorant on all this, except what I have seen and read, but Capt. Queeg comes to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom