• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Welp, guess ill have to wait on all that till I can find a new place out side of the state till I can buy the fun toys again. I have been seeing all the help the NRA has been doing during this.....oh wait there hasn't been any help. Thanks NRA you losers, Ill let the SAF use my money. Its just like NY all over again :/. Thanks MSP for upholding my constitutional....oh nvm you don't give a shit about your oath to protect anyone's rights.

The NRA has been a huge resource for us. They have been working in the background for a while. Shannon or another NRA rep has been in Annapolis through most of this.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Don't think so. The 300 blk bore is essentially .30 caliber, while the 5.56 is about .22. Would be a less than snug fit IMO.

The case is necked down. Bore sizes are different, even with almost identical chambers..

What really matters with a bore lock is the fit of the butt of the cartridge. It doesn't have fit the chamber perfectly. Seems to me it would fit and snug up just fine.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    Effective: July 1, 2008
    MD Code, Criminal Law, § 4-201
    Formerly cited as MD CODE Art. 27, § 36F
    § 4-201. Definitions
    Currentness
    In general
    (a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
    Antique firearm
    (b) “Antique firearm” means:
    (1) a firearm, including a firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar ignition system, manufactured before 1899; or
    (2) a replica of a firearm described in item (1) of this subsection that:
    (i) is not designed or redesigned to use rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition; or
    (ii) uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition that is no longer manufactured in the United States and is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.
    Handgun
    (c)(1) “Handgun” means a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed on the person.
    (2) “Handgun” includes a short-barreled shotgun and a short-barreled rifle.
    (3) “Handgun” does not include a shotgun, rifle, or antique firearm.
    Law enforcement official
    (d) “Law enforcement official” means:
    (1) a full-time member of a police force or other unit of the United States, a state, a county, a municipal corporation, or other political subdivision of a state who is responsible for the prevention and detection of crime and the enforcement of the laws of the United States, a state, a county, a municipal corporation, or other political subdivision of a state;
    (2) a part-time member of a police force of a county or municipal corporation who is certified by the county or municipal corporation as being trained and qualified in the use of handguns;
    (3) a fire and explosive investigator of the Prince George's County Fire/EMS Department as defined in § 2-208.3 of the Criminal Procedure Article;
    (4) a Montgomery County fire and explosive investigator as defined in § 2-208.1 of the Criminal Procedure Article;
    (5) an Anne Arundel County or City of Annapolis fire and explosive investigator as defined in § 2-208.2 of the Criminal Procedure Article;
    (6) a Worcester County fire and explosive investigator as defined in § 2-208.4 of the Criminal Procedure Article; or
    (7) a City of Hagerstown fire and explosive investigator as defined in § 2-208.5 of the Criminal Procedure Article.
    Rifle
    (e) “Rifle” means a weapon that is:
    (1) designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder; and
    (2) designed or redesigned, and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed metallic cartridge to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger.
    Short-barreled rifle
    (f) “Short-barreled rifle” means:
    (1) a rifle that has one or more barrels less than 16 inches long; or
    (2) a weapon that has an overall length of less than 26 inches and that was made from a rifle, whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise.
    Short-barreled shotgun
    (g) “Short-barreled shotgun” means:
    (1) a shotgun that has one or more barrels less than 18 inches long; or
    (2) a weapon that has an overall length of less than 26 inches long and was made from a shotgun, whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise.
    Shotgun
    (h) “Shotgun” means a weapon that is:
    (1) designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder; and
    (2) designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed shotgun shell to fire through a smooth bore one or more projectiles for each pull of the trigger.
    Vehicle
    (i) “Vehicle” means a motor vehicle as defined in Title 11, Subtitle 1 of the Transportation Article, a train, an aircraft, or a vessel.
    Credits
    Added by Acts 2002, c. 26, § 2, eff. Oct. 1, 2002. Amended by Acts 2004, c. 377, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2004; Acts 2005, c. 463, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2005; Acts 2007, c. 410, § 2, eff. Oct. 1, 2007; Acts 2007, c. 619, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2007; Acts 2008, c. 428, § 1, eff. July 1, 2008; Acts 2008, c. 429, § 1, eff. July 1, 2008.
    Formerly Art. 27, § 36F.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I didn't read every comment in here but what if you buy a used SBR you wouldn't need a bore lock right? I thought those were only for new guns.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    I see the "handgun" restrictions in the "wear and carry" code as a way to stop whippets (rifles illegally modified into handguns) and keep criminals from legally long gun carrying with chopped rifles. I would speculate that was the original intent, since whippets go back to the early 1900s, not this new interpretation.

Guess they wanted to define SBR as handguns so no one could wear their NFA rifle as "open carry"?

Head over to the kolbe thread in the MD 2a issues.

The plaintiffs talk about the MSP creating regulation on a whim, which is what they are doing here.
    I'm still stuck on how a State can make laws that change the Federal definition of things. *Looks at current pot laws*... Oh wait...

Fixed it for you. Plus, handguns can't be rifles according to MD code. *mind blown* You really gotta wonder whether the AG opinion is going to support this interpretation, or if it's going to be another "AG says you need an HQL post-10/1 to pick up a pre-10/1 gun, MSP says you don't" situation.
    If the next AG is Frosh, I think you know the answer.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Welp, guess ill have to wait on all that till I can find a new place out side of the state till I can buy the fun toys again. I have been seeing all the help the NRA has been doing during this.....oh wait there hasn't been any help. Thanks NRA you losers, Ill let the SAF use my money. Its just like NY all over again :/. Thanks MSP for upholding my constitutional....oh nvm you don't give a shit about your oath to protect anyone's rights.

Who do you think started the Kolbe suite and went out and found the lawyers to take that case and the HQL suit?

How much time did you spend in Annapolis this session?

Shannon Alford was there every day, while in her lat trimester of being pregnant with her second child, up until the week before the Senate Gun Bill Day because of pending delivery date. In her stead, the lobbyist (Julia Pitcher Worchester) for the NRA presented their position in both the Senate and House gun bill days.

Yeah, MMMkkkk, the NRA hasn't been around to help. You keep believing that all you want. If you think SAF will do a better job (not saying they can't or won't) then feel free to bring a suite against the state and get Alan Gura to represent you.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Who do you think started the Kolbe suite and went out and found the lawyers to take that case and the HQL suit?

How much time did you spend in Annapolis this session?

Shannon Alford was there every day, while in her lat trimester of being pregnant with her second child, up until the week before the Senate Gun Bill Day because of pending delivery date. In her stead, the lobbyist (Julia Pitcher Worchester) for the NRA presented their position in both the Senate and House gun bill days.

Yeah, MMMkkkk, the NRA hasn't been around to help. You keep believing that all you want. If you think SAF will do a better job (not saying they can't or won't) then feel free to bring a suite against the state and get Alan Gura to represent you.

:thumbsup:

People love to bash on the NRA, it seems to be a sport for the uninformed.

While I wasn't there I know from people heavily involved that the NRA has not abandoned MD.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    :thumbsup:

People love to bash on the NRA, it seems to be a sport for the uninformed.

While I wasn't there I know from people heavily involved that the NRA has not abandoned MD.

Right on!:party29:

I don't know why it is so popular to be anti-NRA. For some reason it has become a badge of honor to be a gun owner against the NRA. This IMHO is silly.

-Jim

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Effective: July 1, 2008
    MD Code, Criminal Law, § 4-201
    Formerly cited as MD CODE Art. 27, § 36F
    § 4-201. Definitions
    Currentness
    In general
    (a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
    Antique firearm
    (b) “Antique firearm” means:
    (1) a firearm, including a firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar ignition system, manufactured before 1899; or
    (2) a replica of a firearm described in item (1) of this subsection that:
    (i) is not designed or redesigned to use rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition; or
    (ii) uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition that is no longer manufactured in the United States and is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.
    Handgun
    (c)(1) “Handgun” means a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed on the person.
    (2) “Handgun” includes a short-barreled shotgun and a short-barreled rifle.
    (3) “Handgun” does not include a shotgun, rifle, or antique firearm.
    Law enforcement official
    (d) “Law enforcement official” means:
    (1) a full-time member of a police force or other unit of the United States, a state, a county, a municipal corporation, or other political subdivision of a state who is responsible for the prevention and detection of crime and the enforcement of the laws of the United States, a state, a county, a municipal corporation, or other political subdivision of a state;
    (2) a part-time member of a police force of a county or municipal corporation who is certified by the county or municipal corporation as being trained and qualified in the use of handguns;
    (3) a fire and explosive investigator of the Prince George's County Fire/EMS Department as defined in § 2-208.3 of the Criminal Procedure Article;
    (4) a Montgomery County fire and explosive investigator as defined in § 2-208.1 of the Criminal Procedure Article;
    (5) an Anne Arundel County or City of Annapolis fire and explosive investigator as defined in § 2-208.2 of the Criminal Procedure Article;
    (6) a Worcester County fire and explosive investigator as defined in § 2-208.4 of the Criminal Procedure Article; or
    (7) a City of Hagerstown fire and explosive investigator as defined in § 2-208.5 of the Criminal Procedure Article.
    Rifle
    (e) “Rifle” means a weapon that is:
    (2) designed or redesigned, and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed metallic cartridge to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger.
    Short-barreled rifle
    (f) “Short-barreled rifle” means:
    (1) a rifle that has one or more barrels less than 16 inches long; or
    (2) a weapon that has an overall length of less than 26 inches and that was made from a rifle, whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise.
    Short-barreled shotgun
    (g) “Short-barreled shotgun” means:
    (1) a shotgun that has one or more barrels less than 18 inches long; or
    (2) a weapon that has an overall length of less than 26 inches long and was made from a shotgun, whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise.
    Shotgun
    (h) “Shotgun” means a weapon that is:
    (2) designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed shotgun shell to fire through a smooth bore one or more projectiles for each pull of the trigger.
    Vehicle
    (i) “Vehicle” means a motor vehicle as defined in Title 11, Subtitle 1 of the Transportation Article, a train, an aircraft, or a vessel.
    Credits
    Added by Acts 2002, c. 26, § 2, eff. Oct. 1, 2002. Amended by Acts 2004, c. 377, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2004; Acts 2005, c. 463, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2005; Acts 2007, c. 410, § 2, eff. Oct. 1, 2007; Acts 2007, c. 619, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2007; Acts 2008, c. 428, § 1, eff. July 1, 2008; Acts 2008, c. 429, § 1, eff. July 1, 2008.
    Formerly Art. 27, § 36F.

Well since a SBS and SBR use the term rifle and shotgun in the definition it would seem that this law is quite unclear and therefore unenforcable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom