Does HK MP5A3 Collapsible Stock Meet Minimum 29" OAL Requirement?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Does the HK MP5A3 Collapsible Stock Meet Minimum 29" OAL Requirement? If not, is there another collapsible or fold-able stock that fits the MP5A3 that does?

2.5664-heckler-e-koch-mp5-2.5785web.jpg

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    It does not. I believe you cannot make the 29" just by changing the stock.

You have to pin and weld something on the barrel. In other words, desecrate it.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Thanks, that's kinda what I thought. But there's gotta be something (aftermarket?) out there that'll work and pass the OAL requirement.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    You won't like it, but... AR stock could probably get you there.

Sadly, you're correct. But I'll keep it in mind just in case..

Yep, I assumed it as an SBR.

Yes, the plan is to SBR it if I can find a satisfactory stock that's acceptable to the nanny state.

But semi-auto MP5 copies are banned?

The Zenith Z-5RS (HK has licensed MKE/Zenith to produce the semi-auto-only MP5 using HK tooling) makes the Maryland Handgun Roster 18 October.:)

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Sadly, you're correct. But I'll keep it in mind just in case..

Yes, the plan is to SBR it if I can find a satisfactory stock that's acceptable to the nanny state.

The Zenith Z-5RS (HK has licensed MKE/Zenith to produce the semi-auto-only MP5 using HK tooling) makes the Maryland Handgun Roster 18 October.:)

we have them in stock at duffys they are very nice with great looking welds I bought a Atlantic mp5 these are so nice I might have to get one of these also. you need a AR stock for OAL but I don't plain to be in this state my whole life and will change it when I get out.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I think it can be done. The F stock is at least an inch longer than the regular A3 stock. I'll measure when I get home. You'll still need a little but it can be done;)

MP5s not banned. The MP5K are banned as assault pistols. MP5 carbines (HK94) are banned as named assault rifles. MP5 pistols from many manufacturers have always been legal. I've heard great things about the MKE/Zenith.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    we have them in stock at duffys they are very nice with great looking welds I bought a Atlantic mp5 these are so nice I might have to get one of these also. you need a AR stock for OAL but I don't plain to be in this state my whole life and will change it when I get out.

My understanding is they don't hit the Roster 'til 18 Oct, so they can't be sold to non-FFLs prior to that. Is my info wrong?

I think it can be done. The F stock is at least an inch longer than the regular A3 stock. I'll measure when I get home. You'll still need a little but it can be done;)

Is this the stock you think may be long enough to result in a 29" OAL for the MP5? I know it adds an inch, but I have a feeling the standard A3 stock's two inches shy of the magic number. Hopefully, I'm wrong.
    214367-2.jpg

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Yes, thats the F stock. Just measured. Its 27.5" OAL w/ the F stock. FWIW, The bottom of the stock sticks out more than the top. But thats at the notches cut in the legs. You can press the release button again and pull it out to 28.25". You would need to cut another notchin them so it would lock open at this length. You could add a buttpad for the last 0.75" ( or cut/weld the legs longer)

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Yes, but its WAY easier to add an inch to the stock.

If adding length to the stock'll placate the gun grabbers, that's probably the way to go. I'd never even consider modifying either the gun or silencer for this.

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    Could we permanently attach a sealed can for a few more crucial inches of OAL?

Sealed cans on pistol-caliber firearms aren't wise. They often can get leaded, which not only makes them heavier, it also makes them much less effective at suppressing noise.

Pistol-caliber cans are almost always able to be disassembled by the user for cleaning.

One could, however, utilize a permanent outer suppressor sleeve on the barrel, with the end cap and baffle stack removable for cleaning. The outer sleeve would still "count" by ATF rules for the OAL as long as it was installed "correctly" to be permanent.

BLACKTALON, PM inbound. :)

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware

How much are these selling for? I would love one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom