Let me join the fun, my M&P15-22 is here !!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Nice BUIS think that is what is going on my 6.5 Grendel build.

janoss

Oct 1, 2009
    Dude, excellent S&W M&P 15-22 Project. I am torn between this rifle and an old-school style Ruger 10-22 target rifle. Somebody help me.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Dude, excellent S&W M&P 15-22 Project. I am torn between this rifle and an old-school style Ruger 10-22 target rifle. Somebody help me.

If you want outright accuracy, get a 10/22 and put a decent barrel on it. If you're looking for tacticool fun, get the AR.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    If you want outright accuracy, get a 10/22 and put a decent barrel on it. If you're looking for tacticool fun, get the AR.

+1

A 10/22 with a good target barrel and stock is scary-accurate... a real tack driver. Just be aware that, most likely, bulk ammo won't feed well in the Benz-cut target chamber. You'll have to use better ammo.

ruger1022.jpg

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    It is purely matter of personal preference. ;)

Nothing wrong with 10/22. They are excellent rifles, shoot great and very accurate out of the box, no doubt.

On the other hand, this project of mine is to put together a "light weight" and fun to shoot "toy", with lots of cool factors, in .22lr AR platform/M4 looks and with a certain budget in mind. And the M&P 15-22 fit the purpose perfectly.:thumbsup:

.......... and most of all, my son likes to shoot it as well. That is a HUGH plus.

4077029346_f4746cc5e9_o.jpg

and yes, I really love this "tacticool" rifle. Hmm... I'm kind of like the name btw.

:D

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    Got 1st response on trigger upgrade from JP Enterprises.

The kit you'll need is the JPFCP-1T.
    Use your existing hammer spring in place of the red hammer spring that comes with the kit. This will give you the best ignition reliability with .22LR

1193.jpg

:D

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    Got a response from Timney. :thumbsup:

Thank you for contacting Timney Triggers, I know you have lots of choices for aftermarket trigger upgrades and appreciate you picking Timney.

Did you want to stay with 4.5lbs of trigger pull? Yes our trigger will fit on the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22. It is a drop in trigger and should be very easy to install if you follow the directions.

Did you want the competition or skeletonized trigger?

The competition trigger part # is 669s

The skeletonized trigger part # is 665s

4084354469_747663f3c1_m.jpg

and...... I have a winner. :thumbsup:

n3cal

Aug 10, 2009
    St. Mary's County
    Midway USA has Timney Triggers but I cant find the 669s part number you listed? They have a Part Number 6680S 4lb solid for AR15. Looks ljust ike your picture. Dealer Price is $179.99 I wonder if that is the one?

Where are you getting yours from?

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    Midway USA has Timney Triggers but I cant find the 669s part number you listed? They have a Part Number 6680S 4lb solid for AR15. Looks ljust ike your picture. Dealer Price is $179.99 I wonder if that is the one?

Where are you getting yours from?

The 669 S is 4.5 lbs pull weight. I don't see the 4.5 lbs list in Midway site.

I had the part number directly from Timney. :D

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    I sneaked out and went to OnTarget range this evening. :innocent0

The 15-22 was throughly cleaned since last week. I brought 3 mags of Federal Lightnings, 3 mags of Mini Mags, and 50 rounds of Rem. Thunderbolt.

The rifle performed flawlessly. :D

Only one mulfunction, a Thunderbolt stuck/crushed vertically in the magazine lips and failed to get in the chamber. Other than that, no problem of any kind.:thumbsup:

The Walmart's Lightnings were surprisingly good. Not as good as the Mini Mag, but definitely get along better with my 15-22 than the Golden Bullet. :rolleyes:
    Thunderbolts were ok as well, but they weren't very consistant. Some of rounds sould very weak. I don't have much confident using it. So no more Thunderbolt for the next time.

So, I have a conclusion that I will be using CCI's Mini Mags, CCI's Stingers and Federal Lightning ammos for my 15-22 from now.

I really had a blast tonight and the rifle's really fun to shoot. Can't wait until the next time. :D

n3cal

Aug 10, 2009
    St. Mary's County
    I'm glad to hear your 15-22 is holding up! I'm still waiting to get my 15-22 back from Smith & Wesson. It's been there for about a week now.

I think I will hold off on the trigger until I get mine back and shoot it a few times. I want to make sure the repair holds. I've been stocking up on CCI ammo so that should work just fine.

n3cal

Aug 10, 2009
    St. Mary's County
    :thumbsup: Fedex just brought my repaired Smith & Wesson 15-22 to the door! I wasn't expecting it so soon but it is back from repair! Paper in box said it was " Repaired: Updated To Latest Spec." Thats all it said.

That was a quick turnaround! They just received it on Tuesday Nov 10th and I get it back Friday Nov 13th.

I can tell they shot it alot! It is very dirty. I sent it in to them clean.

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    :thumbsup: Fedex just brought my repaired Smith & Wesson 15-22 to the door! I wasn't expecting it so soon but it is back from repair! Paper in box said it was " Repaired: Updated To Latest Spec." Thats all it said.

That was a quick turnaround! They just received it on Tuesday Nov 10th and I get it back Friday Nov 13th.

I can tell they shot it alot! It is very dirty. I sent it in to them clean.

Congrats. :thumbsup:

Now, its time to get to the range and have fun. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom