• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I wondered what you meant by a 5.56 upper, until I saw your photo. The ingenuity is impressive. I like the versatility and the options you get with the MAC/Lage combinations.

So to clarify, you're getting the 9mm, the .22 rimfire, AND the 5.56 uppers?

Remember, my wife is not to be trusted with subguns.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    ***Temp Threadjack***
    rsideout - curious about those stocks. They look like Tromix examples.

Good reason to go with M11/9. Lots of upgrade options and I'm sure there are more coming. Here are a couple of M11a1's with Lage uppers. The same setups in the M11/9 would be about 2" longer. The Uzi is shown for size reference. The Max31a is my favorite upper. It uses the Suomi drums. The ergonomics on the Uzi are easily improved by adding a solid stock and pistol grip. That is still one of my favorite subguns to take to the range.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I wondered what you meant by a 5.56 upper, until I saw your photo. The ingenuity is impressive. I like the versatility and the options you get with the MAC/Lage combinations.

So to clarify, you're getting the 9mm, the .22 rimfire, AND the 5.56 uppers?

Remember, my wife is not to be trusted with subguns.

LOL. I’ll get them all....eventually. Will get the 5.56 down the road. I have a feeling the .22 will get the most use.

We need to talk about this. May be in a position to follow in a couple of months.

Anytime. You have my number. I’m happy to be a bad influence on you.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Thanks! Tromix version is set up to fit on AK trunnion - so I was wondering if they were moving toward making an AK upper as well. THAT would make me get one for sure :D

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Good to hear! You going to come shoot with us at the AGC?

The M11/9 has so many options. I think people are going to be choosing the M11/9 and M11a1 over the Uzi in increasing numbers. I am expecting prices to go up on Macs.

Don't forget those tungsten bolts! They really are awesome! I suggest you head out to the AGC. Lots of Macs there with different uppers. Try them and see what you like best. You can wind up spending as much on uppers as the gun cost. Its the M16 of Subguns!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

The M11/9 has so many options. I think people are going to be choosing the M11/9 and M11a1 over the Uzi in increasing numbers. I am expecting prices to go up on Macs.

Don't forget those tungsten bolts! They really are awesome! I suggest you head out to the AGC. Lots of Macs there with different uppers. Try them and see what you like best. You can wind up spending as much on uppers as the gun cost. Its the M16 of Subguns!

I'm going to have to join TCA. :D

M11/9 is on the roster? What about the OAL?

or these things don't apply to Class3s?

If you read the MD laws, they only apply to semi-auto. FA is exempted.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    M11/9 is on the roster? What about the OAL?

or these things don't apply to Class3s?

Don't apply. These are not Rifles or Pistols.

I hate you guys.

Why? Sell off some of your collection and make the jump. Very few of us more recent MG owners became one without some pain. I have sold off lots of my collection to fund some of these MGs. Start looking at your collection and adding up what everything is worth. More than likely you have a MG or two worth of value there if you are a serious collector.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I'm going to have to join TCA. :D

We care less that you join and more that you come shoot with us. If you want to be on our email list, if you are not already, email me at phiteshe@vt.edu and I will add you. Its usually one email a month with shoot dates and times and other good info.

Once we get you out there then we can help show you lots of other good MGs you NEED to have!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    We care less that you join and more that you come shoot with us. If you want to be on our email list, if you are not already, email me at phiteshe@vt.edu and I will add you. Its usually one email a month with shoot dates and times and other good info.

Once we get you out there then we can help show you lots of other good MGs you NEED to have!

That's what I am afraid of!

Actually I have been working on the wife for years. We are going to partially fund our retirement in machine guns.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    That's what I am afraid of!

Actually I have been working on the wife for years. We are going to partially fund our retirement in machine guns.

:)

It does sound funny, but if you are looking to put money into something that would be quick to get back out of without significant loss... Its not a bad idea. Most MGs you can sell in under 24 hours with a 10% off sale. Big money, you can have in under a week. Prices are fairly constant. Even with the 2008 crash, other than a few more expensive MGs, few saw a big decline in value. (50 BMG M2HBs were getting killed). However if you look at what you bought. I did a thread on this exact gun in 2010: https://mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=42103

M11/9s were $2.5-$3k or so. Now they are $7-$7.5k or so. Thats near triple. Uzis did about double in that same time, going from $6.5k to $12.5K these days. So the M11 is making up ground quickly. My prediction is this gap will be eliminated after the Lage 223 back orders get filled. I think we will see Macs as a $12k gun (in today's value) in 3 years or so. Videos of M11/9s with 223 uppers will get out. People will look at the other cheaper 223 uppers in the middle teens and these guns double as a SMG. Prices will rise to meet.

I am considering buying a M11a1... exactly because of this. If I had the extra money to invest, I would.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    :)

It does sound funny, but if you are looking to put money into something that would be quick to get back out of without significant loss... Its not a bad idea. Most MGs you can sell in under 24 hours with a 10% off sale. Big money, you can have in under a week. Prices are fairly constant. Even with the 2008 crash, other than a few more expensive MGs, few saw a big decline in value. (50 BMG M2HBs were getting killed). However if you look at what you bought. I did a thread on this exact gun in 2010: https://mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=42103

M11/9s were $2.5-$3k or so. Now they are $7-$7.5k or so. Thats near triple. Uzis did about double in that same time, going from $6.5k to $12.5K these days. So the M11 is making up ground quickly. My prediction is this gap will be eliminated after the Lage 223 back orders get filled. I think we will see Macs as a $12k gun (in today's value) in 3 years or so. Videos of M11/9s with 223 uppers will get out. People will look at the other cheaper 223 uppers in the middle teens and these guns double as a SMG. Prices will rise to meet.

I am considering buying a M11a1... exactly because of this. If I had the extra money to invest, I would.

This is exactly why I chose the M11 over an Uzi. I was ready to buy an Uzi. The 223 uppers are a game changer. I'll definitely be getting one.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region

M, I had Teratos out to one of our shoots 5 or 6 years ago. He shot a few of my toys and you also let him run a belt through one of your Maxims. Right after that, I remember him saying "it moved". It's just taken him a surprisingly long time to come around to the dark side. So something belt-fed will probably also end up in his collection. :evilgrin3

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom