• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    All

Currently filling out the ATF Form 1 (online) for an SBR and have a couple questions:

1. Photo - does this have to be a passport photo? Or is it something that can be taken with a quality webcam?

2. CLEO - This section, do I fill this out? I can't seem to progress if there is nothing in the boxes.

namelessname120

Jul 6, 2011
    Use your cellphone with a clean background and email it to yourself and add it to your efile form. A decent clear headshot Should do just fine
    Fill out the Cleo part .

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    All

Currently filling out the ATF Form 1 (online) for an SBR and have a couple questions:

1. Photo - does this have to be a passport photo? Or is it something that can be taken with a quality webcam?

2. CLEO - This section, do I fill this out? I can't seem to progress if there is nothing in the boxes.

On the MSP ebsite for electronic submission for a W&C permit there are links to apps that enable you to transpost a cell-phone generated photo to a passport photo. I've used the app and it's pretty slick and straightforward.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Cell phone photo as described above is fine.

CLEO info you fill out the info. It will then appear on the copy of the form that you mail or hand deliver.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    All

Ok. This is going to piss you off to no end, but here it goes. I take it, this is also your first time doing NFA paperwork.

1. Use a older cell phone to take a headshot of yourself with a white background. On top of that, you need to make sure that the picture is no larger than 3 MB. Hence the reason why I said to use a old cell phone for taking the picture.

2. Are you referring to the RPQ or something else? If it is the RPQ, then yes, you need to fill it out for the CLEO.

3. All files you upload to the ATF eForms site must not exceed 3MB, per file. Remember that, because it will bounce you back every time, even if it is 3.00000001 MB. They mean 3 MB.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    1. Use a older cell phone to take a headshot of yourself with a white background. On top of that, you need to make sure that the picture is no larger than 3 MB. Hence the reason why I said to use a old cell phone for taking the picture.

Microsoft Paint will resize the photo to get it smaller.

Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    Walk into your county sheriff's department and hand the clerk the envelope that says NFA Notification, for Sheriff ___________. and walk out.

No problem. But I assume I have to fill this out prior.

Yes. My first t8me processing this and I only want to have to do it once for the SBR.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Walk into your county sheriff's department and hand the clerk the envelope that says NFA Notification, for Sheriff ___________. and walk out.

I think it depends on the county. In Howard County, the Sheriff is not the CLEO, it would be the county police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    I think it depends on the county. In Howard County, the Sheriff is not the CLEO, it would be the county police.

Seems as though, I believe, it's Baltimore County police here. Just don't know who the guy is to out a name and such in the paperwork.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Yeah, Baltimore, not sure. Howard it is the chief of police. Most of the counties it is the sheriff. Just have to know if your county sheriff has real law enforcement functions or not. Howard they handle court security, jail security and evictions. They don’t serve primarily in law enforcement capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom