• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big_Z

Nov 30, 2016
    Hi all,

I have been helping my sister go through the HQL process, and have been helping her select her first gun. Right now she is deciding between a CZ 75 (likely the BD model), or the Beretta 92 (or variant).

I am hoping someone has a M9a3, and would be willing to meet with us at a range (On Target or Free state preferred). She really likes the beretta, but wants to shoot that specific model before buying, so she can decide if she prefers the vertec or standard grip.

The beretta's we've found for rent have all been standard grips, and were all worn to hell. Would appreciate anyone willing to help us out. In exchange we can pay for range time/ammo, let you shoot some of my firearms, or buy a case of beer or something to thank you for your time.

Thanks!

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Welcome to the forum. I suspect someone has one but while you're waiting head over to Introductions and post something about yourself

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    M9a3 has a much different feel then a standard 92FS. A3 has a vertec grip.

Understood. I know it’s not what OP was asking for, but in case it helps I offered.

I haven’t shot the A3 yet either, and am afraid if I do I’ll need one of my own!

PTPG

Dec 10, 2018
    I have both a 92A1 and a CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical, both in 9mm that I'd be happy to let her try out. Both are solid guns that I enjoy shooting.

And also, just to plug this in there, we offer something called a gun buffet where we offer a massive variety of handguns for people to try of various makes, models, and calibers. These two are usually included, and I can make sure that they are there for her to try if I know which class she's going to be at. Might be worth her handling a variety of other handguns to see what fits her best if she's not totally sure yet.

Big_Z

Nov 30, 2016
    Understood. I know it’s not what OP was asking for, but in case it helps I offered.

I haven’t shot the A3 yet either, and am afraid if I do I’ll need one of my own!

Appreciate the offer! Shes shot the 92FS and liked it, but i think the grip on the A3 will fit her hand better and want to give her the option.

I've held am A3 myself, and its definitely jumped up the buy list!

Big_Z

Nov 30, 2016
    I have both a 92A1 and a CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical, both in 9mm that I'd be happy to let her try out. Both are solid guns that I enjoy shooting.

And also, just to plug this in there, we offer something called a gun buffet where we offer a massive variety of handguns for people to try of various makes, models, and calibers. These two are usually included, and I can make sure that they are there for her to try if I know which class she's going to be at. Might be worth her handling a variety of other handguns to see what fits her best if she's not totally sure yet.

Thanks for the offer! I've had her shoot a pretty wide variety, already. The list so far is:

Ruger SR9C,
    S&W M&P9 (full)
    S&W Shield 9
    Glock 17 & 19
    Ruger Gp100
    Sig p226
    CZ 75
    92FS
    Walther PPQ

She ended up liking the CZ and Beretta best ( she has good taste!). She shot the CZ better, but prefers the saftey/decocker vs the deckocker only, or safety only CZ options. Hence looking for the beretta w/ vertec grip. I'm thinking that might make it easier for her to shoot. If you had a vertec model, we'd could come down.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom