• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    ...and for her personal safety. Too bad that's pretty much as far as she believes in the gun issue. She tows the Liberal line otherwise. She's like DiFi...owns a gun but doesn't want anyone else to...like when DiFi signed a handgun ban in San Francisco when she was mayor and made a big deal about turning hers in as a photo op. What DiFi didn't tell everyone was that she owned two handguns and kept one. Plus her husband is a multi-millionaire and can easily afford bodyguards for protection if they wanted.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/2020-hopeful-kamala-harris-says-she-owns-gun-224722455--election.html

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    She is trying to setup for going ever so slightly more moderate after the election and/or states where its needed, nothing more.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I think it's also part of the new Democratic party disarming tactic (the "I own a gun and believe in the 2nd amendment but" strategy). It's not really a new tactic of course, but we're seeing Harris and Smalwell among their Presidential candidates pushing this schtick and antigun lobbyist Shannon Watts do it too. Obviously, the Democratic party has shown that they like to run candidates that are retired military that are anti-2A (there was a prominent one recently that made a commercial assembling an AR-15 while also saying civilians shouldn't have them).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    I own guns BUT.... !!!!!

she is in the full libtard camp... iirc it was Harris in her official capacity defending all of the Cali a2a laws for a number of years

Is this idiot covered by LEOSA for her work as a state AG? Just curious

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    That’s what everyone said about Barry about this time back then. Kamala is the chosen one and she will be president.

Uh, no. Harris has said almost as much crazy stuff as AOC, but has the paper trail of one who is far left of center. Beto or Buttagieg would eat her lunch. If the Dems want to get 33% of the popular vote, then Harris is your candidate.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    She says she supports "smart gun-safety laws," such as universal background checks and a ban on assault weapons.

I'm assuming she means that she owns a hand gun. So much for "smart" when she wants to outlaw firearms that are almost never used in crimes.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    This is bad news. This appeals to people, even antis. She wants guns with “reasonable” restrictions. That’s much worse than someone wanting a complete ban.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I wonder how many of the Democratic contenders will try to present themselves as gun rights supporters ... (short list of gun owners in the quoted text below ... note that Shotgun Joe Biden is not an official candidate yet) ...

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/04...-ownership-gun-control-presidential-campaign/

“I am a gun owner, and I own a gun for probably the reason a lot of people do — for personal safety,” Harris told reporters in Iowa. “I was a career prosecutor.”

Her weapon is a handgun that she purchased year ago and keeps locked up, a Harris aide told CNN.

... In San Francisco, she fought for stricter penalties for gun crimes and filed a Supreme Court amicus brief in support of Washington, D.C.’s ban on most personal handgun ownership. [no hypocrisy there]

Harris also argued this week that there is room for both gun ownership and gun control.

“You’re either in favor of the Second Amendment or you want to take everyone’s guns away — it’s a false choice that is born out of a lack of courage from leaders who must recognize and agree that there are some practical solutions to what is a clear problem in our country,” she said.

A Washington Post survey of the candidates found that five other Democratic candidates own guns — South Bend, Indiana, mayor Pete Buttigieg; former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke; former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper; Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan; and former Maryland Rep. John Delaney — although some said they don’t use them.

The other Californian in the race, East Bay Rep. Eric Swalwell, has made gun control the central issue of his nascent campaign, calling for a federal buyback of all assault weapons. Swalwell does not own a gun, a spokesman said Friday. He did recently go shooting at the Alameda County Sheriff’s gun range, documenting his visit on social media.

Harris clearly released this info to get some media coverage today and was successful ...
    1258642e01a946def37221b829b286b5.jpg

79d2277882572e8b8527b4907eb2485d.jpg

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    This is bad news. This appeals to people, even antis. She wants guns with “reasonable” restrictions. That’s much worse than someone wanting a complete ban.
    I don't doubt some MDSers will view her position on 2A rights as reasonable.

xKtF

Nov 5, 2018
    That’s what everyone said about Barry about this time back then. Kamala is the chosen one and she will be president.

I can almost bet she she won't be president, she isn't even popular in the black community.

Feb 28, 2013
    I'm assuming she means that she owns a hand gun. So much for "smart" when she wants to outlaw firearms that are almost never used in crimes.

But, but....

She knows damn good and well guns with banana clips and shoulder thangs that go up are always used in crimes. She saw every Arnold Schwarzenegger movie. :rolleyes:

WatTyler

Ultimate Member
    Isn't she the one who told the obvious lie about smoking dope and listening to rap music, except she must have been smoking in the Time Tunnel because the dates were all out of whack? I think she'll say just about anything to suck up to an identifiable bloc of voters. Pictures or it ain't happening.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    It would be fascinating to hear a knowledgeable reporter ask her some specific questions. So, she owns a gun. That means of course that's taken the steps to learn about them enough to decide which flavor to buy, how to handle it, etc. So, she's an informed candidate on the subject. Let's hear her specific thoughts on why she feels comfortable owning her gun "for her personal safety" (because she was a prosecutor - implying she might face retribution or something from criminals?) makes her safe with a given magazine capacity. Does her armed protection detail limit itself to the same capacity with their sidearms? If not, why not? Any conversation that even strays into that territory will show her to be the complete phony on this topic that she actually is.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    This crap of liberal candidates claiming that they "own a gun" or "go to the range" as Harris and Swalwell have done recently, is in the same vein as going to county fairs and eating hot dogs and funnel cakes to convince people that "hey, I'm just like you." It's a freaking marketing show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom