• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    For home defense it really needs to be an escalation of force.

1) Name calling (can be accentuated with sticking your tongue out at the intruders to let them know you're not playing).

2) Nerf guns (nothing says GTF outta my house as politely and quietly as a 18-20 FPS NERF projectile to the head).

3) If armed assailants have kicked in your door pull out all the stops and go with the paintball (at this point they've really asked for it anyway).

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Dis armed

I think he was sans arm for the last moments of his existence.

Poor guy went through the ringer though as I recall having to defend against potential charges. It was outside the residence in the yard I believe- ultimately the swordsman was cleared.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    If you're not going to get a gun to protect your life, buy a few of these and stick them on various walls around your home.
    https://www.amazon.com/SABRE-Red-Pepper-Gel-Strength/dp/B002368VJ6
    If someone breaks in to take things, they'll do it while your away to minimize risk. If someone breaks in while you're there, they are likely doing it KNOWING you're there with the intent to harm you. Get a gun. Learn to use it. Be prepared to use it if you need to. Relying on paintballs guns and airsoft is stupid. Like...really stupid.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    During a similar discussion in a different venue , I dug into the particulars on paintball .

.68 has about 10 ft lb , .50 has less than 4 ft lb .

There is of course neverending debate about minimum level of acceptable ( terminal smack down , be it quantified in ft lb , momentum , or whatever ) . But 10 ft lb for damn sure isn't it . The typical 7yo child can throw a rock with much more than that .

Paintball makes .22 Short seem like a powerhouse in comparison .

For any hypothetical convicted Felons out there , Cap & Ball revolvers are far superior to paintball/ airsoft , when restricted to * Items not legally firearms *

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    I think this sums it up...

Attachments

• 23lz4a.jpg
      23lz4a.jpg
      34.9 KB · Views: 265

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    What Jeff Cooper said about .25 Auto would also be appropriate here.

If it makes you feel good to carry one, go ahead. But do NOT load it. If you load it, you may be tempted to shoot at someone. And if you did, you might hit them. And if you hit them, you will make them VERY mad at you.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    well, so I guess it's legal to use a tranquillizer then, even an over dosed one.
    paintball and airsoft can does damages and temp disable someone if it's aimed properly, i.e. eyes. noses

Might as well try this instead. It's a cheaper solution and probably just about as effective. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• bug assalt.png
      bug assalt.png
      8.8 KB · Views: 232

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    Maybe if you froze the paintballs or used marbles of the same diameter, or used paintballs filled with the green poison gas that the joker and penguin used in the 70's batman TV show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom