• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rangeishot

Nov 25, 2017
    Manchester
    I got caught at the red light and noticed the sign on Friday. My posts are to low to notify. Their FB post gave me a glimpse inside.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I did have the pleasure to see and handle a 1879 Reichsrevolver in 10.6 x 25R , in nice condition .

An attendee said it was his father's WWII bring back , but he didn't know what it was , and brought it to the show to try to find out .

It seemed familar in the back of my mind , but I wasn't sure . Googled up a search for 11mm Revolver , compared images , and cross referenced , and the above is what matched up , and was consistent with his Father capturing it in WW II .

This was the Issue pistol for all branches of German Millitary prior to the Luger , and remained Substitute Standard through WWII . It is unique in appearance because of the large Safety lever on left side of frame .

With 5 in bbl , round butt , compact for caliber frame size, and big bore , this was a sweet spot of belt revolvers , and the round doesn't suck even by standards of our day . ( In this era , the French went to a more or less .32 , and Austria has a horse pistol the size of a Walker: Colt , with underpowered ctg .

The 10.6 x 25R was " influenced " by the .44 Russian , then ( 1870's ) well known in Europe as the Sevice Pistol of the Russian Empire . Ballistics were .430 diameter 262gr bullet @ 705 fps .

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Wasn’t that P14 a DP rifle? At least if it’s the same one I’m thinking of. At the table with the Liberator pistols.

Tried calling you but ended up leaving the show at like 12:15

I didn't even pick it up but afterwards on the drive home was thinking, I'll bet it has DP marks, no way it would be priced otherwise (and pretty damned cheeky asking $425 for a DP).
    I could have sworn I passed you (were you with a buddy?) but I was masked and I'm sure you wouldn't recognize me otherwise. Calling me can be frustrating as I just don't pay much attention to my cell phone most of the time (family hates me for it). I left around 11am after making a couple of rounds.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I only made brief foray into main area . But the few ammo prices I glanced in passing were stabilized " new normal " .

Ironically , bought a stack of cheap knives, but the seller apparently wanted to move out his stock , and they were Stupid Cheap , cheap enough for me to practice different sharpening techniques , then give away w/o second thought . And an inexpensive automatic .

Everyone has different tastes , but I was very pleased to get Colt 20rd aluminum mags .

And the turnout of attendees was decent , but less than the elbow to elbow sardines of the previous couple of shows .

Definitely less attended. Redding had a smalls auction going on that day with ammo and lots of reloading stuff. That might have siphoned off some attendees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom