• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Seems that the high schools are critically over-crowded. Who would have ever expected that with the County's high-density construction addiction?

BETHESDA, Md. — Large sections of Montgomery County, Maryland are on track to be slapped with a building moratorium beginning July 1, thanks to an ordinance that links school overcrowding to development restrictions.

Areas served by six overcrowded high schools and the majority of middle and elementary schools that feed them are in the cross-hairs.

The schools are Blair, Einstein, Northwood, Walter Johnson, Richard Montgomery and Quice Orchard.

Those high schools are at 120% overcapacity or higher.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Not just schools, but all infrastructure is critically overcrowded in that area

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    All Rockville and Gaithersburg. No surprise. I remember seeing QO be built when I was growing up. Meanwhile Poolesville is 70 years old and not on any plan for a new facility. Even with all of the magnet programs. The county tossed them a bone with a new “extension” (basically a stand alone building that took up part of the student lot). Both of the gyms are older than I am and the place was decrepit when I was a student

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    We got the word up our way (Clarksburg) that their solution is going to be redistricting now that the moratorium is in place. Know where they want to send our kids? Seneca.... F*** that noise. You're not dumping a bunch of suburban kids from decent families into a school that generally serves the more criminally minded and going to have anything good come of it.

The only good to come out of the announced proposal (which is hopefully short-lived) is that the liberal leaning morons that trashed farmland to live in cookie-cutter neighborhoods out here are finally starting to wake up to the fact that the people they keep voting in from down county don't give two s***s about up-county. Here's hoping that they remember that next time elections come around. They all fled Germantown and Gaithersburg and moved up here to escape the forced diversification of their schools and neighborhoods only to have the county turn around and propose it again in their new homes.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    All Rockville and Gaithersburg. No surprise. I remember seeing QO be built when I was growing up. Meanwhile Poolesville is 70 years old and not on any plan for a new facility. Even with all of the magnet programs

They don't care about up-county. Despite the fact that it's where the better schools and people are....

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    We got the word up our way (Clarksburg) that their solution is going to be redistricting now that the moratorium is in place. Know where they want to send our kids? Seneca.... F*** that noise. You're not dumping a bunch of suburban kids from decent families into a school that generally serves the more criminally minded and going to have anything good come of it.

The only good to come out of the announced proposal (which is hopefully short-lived) is that the liberal leaning morons that trashed farmland to live in cookie-cutter neighborhoods out here are finally starting to wake up to the fact that the people they keep voting in from down county don't give two s***s about up-county. Here's hoping that they remember that next time elections come around. They all fled Germantown and Gaithersburg and moved up here to escape the forced diversification of their schools and neighborhoods only to have the county turn around and propose it again in their new homes.

Don’t let them send your kids to Seneca. Isn’t Damascus closer (but that’s getting worse now, even before the JV football abuse)? It’s still better than Seneca or Northwest

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    They’re going to kill the golden property tax goose which means all the remaining geese will be forced to lay more eggs.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Since MOCO is a Sanctuary, why is anyone surprised at this? ESL anyone?

They actually don’t need more housing. Many illegal families crammed into tiny apartments, basements, and sublets in Gaithersburg and Germantown. Montgomery Village is horrid. And that’s not counting the downcounty like Rockville and Silver Spring. Even Potomac isn’t immune; the same thing is going on in the Scotland neighborhood. Walter Johnson is just outside of Bethesda. The down county people are seeing the problem and not the solution.

For the record: I have no children and now reside in Frederick. My brother and his lovely wife are raising their children in Frederick. My parents are selling their ranch in Dickerson and moving to WVA

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Of course Whitman isn't on the list. Because no entity besides a small nation-state can afford to buy a home or build one within reach of that school. Problem solved! Just make every single-family home, no matter how matchbox-like, cost over $1M, and you get an abrupt halt to everything except knock-down-rebuild-McMansions.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Of course Whitman isn't on the list. Because no entity besides a small nation-state can afford to buy a home or build one within reach of that school. Problem solved! Just make every single-family home, no matter how matchbox-like, cost over $1M, and you get an abrupt halt to everything except knock-down-rebuild-McMansions.

You’ll notice Churchill is not on the list as well? I only added the Scotland neighborhood to point out where this may also be coming from. Follow the money

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    That means even more will be locating north in Frederick County...otherwise becoming known as Montgomery County North. I want to petition the President to build a prototype wall along the Frederick/Montgomery County line to keep out the Montgomery County refugees.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    That means even more will be locating north in Frederick County...otherwise becoming known as Montgomery County North. I want to petition the President to build a prototype wall along the Frederick/Montgomery County line to keep out the Montgomery County refugees.

I’m with you on that

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Seems that the high schools are critically over-crowded. Who would have ever expected that with the County's high-density construction addiction?

Since MOCO is a Sanctuary, why is anyone surprised at this? ESL anyone?

Was about to note that they also have an illegal alien addiction too which isn't helping. but Beo beat me to it.

That's rich. These idiots can't remember anything except, pull D, pull D. You already said what will happen in that they moved to your neck and are bringing their neck with them. It's the dumbass stupid idiot liberal way. Ruin something, move out and repeat in the new area. God I hate dimocRats.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Don’t let them send your kids to Seneca. Isn’t Damascus closer (but that’s getting worse now, even before the JV football abuse)? It’s still better than Seneca or Northwest

Damascus is at full capacity, if not overcrowded itself. We're currently in the Clarksburg High School district which itself isn't "great" in many ways, but way better than the shiat-hole that Seneca would be even though they're tearing down the old school as soon as the new one is built.

For all intents and purposes, I live in Hyattstown (north of Little Bennett Regional Park) so I'm used to getting the shaft. Ikey-boy repeatedly tried to put our lives in danger by stripping the VFD here of ambulances, engines (actual pumper trucks) and EMT crews. As it is, when I had a kidney stone break loose that plugged up the drain-tube from my kidney so it swelled up, I though I was dying and my wife called an ambulance. We had to wait for one to arrive from Gateway Center Drive where the Clarksburg Fire Co. is located. That's a long time to wait when that's going on. VFD got there just to be on site for CPR if something went seriously wrong, but I waited about 10-15 minutes for the ambulance to arrive. Not fun at all. Now, imagine if it had been a heart attack or a GSW.

I'm seriously glad there's a moratorium on development in MoCo. Hell, I hope it stays in place for 100 years. There's more than enough housing in this county as it is. There is ZERO reason to build more High-Density stuff either. Get rid of the illegals and space in schools and homes will free up real quick.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Actually Poolesville is getting a new section. Also Seneca Valley HS up the street from me is going to be the largest HS around. Christa Mcauliffe elementary getting rebuolt too. I have been in Germantown since 1989 when mostly country. I lived at the circle gate apts across from svhs. Now driving past that complex on Wisteria there are three to four school buses for all the kids. Like friggin clown car buses. Most lower locations like RM already are built out. Only growth is the thousand kids the illegals have as well as multi family apts nearcthe schools. I remember driving on 27 from Germantown to Butlers Orchard and not seeing shit on the left side except woods and farm land. To get to Clarksburg you had to go up 355 or from Dumbasscus. Now nothing but rooftops as far as the eye can see. Very sad

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Poolesville doesn’t need a new “section”, it needs an entirely new building. The place was decrepit and out of date when I went there over 20 years ago.

nomade

Apr 26, 2014

Hahaha... a lot of Frederick County residents work MoCo or DC....
    What way the wall is going to work? Lol

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo

Fredneck County was their own worst enemy in the past two decades. Not holding your Ag-Reserve land in a manner that would prevent the county council from un-designating land as they saw fit got you that cluster-cuss that is Monrovia Town Center that the RALE folks have been fighting so vehemently. Hell, when Blaine "Can't keep my hands out of developer pies and my d*** in my pants" Young and his crew were running things up there, it looked like they were on the fast track to become the new Monkey County in terms of idiotic expansion without forcing builders to pay for the infrastructure needed to handle it. Living where I do (less than 1/2mi from the border) I wind up having to keep tabs on the stupid shiat that both county councils do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom