• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Just scanning through the article I'm thinking this may have possibilities. The important thing, for me, is that nobody's rights are violated without due process. A court hearing where evidence must be presented and the person allowed to defend themselves would be important. Also any finding in favor of the restraining order should be accompanied by a visit to a psychiatric hospital. Any found to be bringing one of theses restraining order cases maliciously should face jail time too.

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Its already in MD.

Happened to someone I know. A "marraige counselor" interpreted something he did as "abusive", which it wasnt in any way.

Few days later, the Sherrifs Dept is loading his several guns into the back of their car. Wouldnt even case them when he requested.

He got them all back and there were lawsuits.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I am not necessarily opposed to this, but this would not have stopped any of the mass murders or any of the 340 murders in Baltimore.

Florida has a process where the mass murderer could have been involuntarily committed, and nearly everyone from friends and family to law enforcement and the FBI dropped the ball.

An ******* determined to go out in a blaze of glory can still make bombs, rent trucks, etc. These assholes want to go out in infamy so they will simply choose something with the biggest shock value.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I have a friend that had his weapons confiscated because his girlfriend claimed he was abusive and got a restraining order. The fact is that he was the victim of the abuse and on several occasions she had attacked him in public for no good reason in front of witnesses. Once she hit him in the face with a beer bottle for speaking to a female client(he owns his own business) about a project. She was very insecure and extremely jealous.
    He is still trying to get his guns back more than a year later.
    She stole all of his property when she moved out of HIS house!
    When they went to court for the custody hearing, her own sister was there to testify on my friend's behalf because she knew her nephews would be neglected by their mother if she got full custody. She decided to agree to joint custody and not seek child support when she saw her sister on my friend's side.
    The whole restraining order law in Maryland is ridiculous and does not allow for the accused to answer charges that in many cases, are false and used only to allow theft of property and disarming the innocent!

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Most of them surrender when an armed LEO shows up. The animal in Florida wants to plead guilty IF DEATH is taken off the table.
    What we need is to drop them ASAP. Shoot first, ask questions later. When they know they will die on the spot, maybe something will change?

NoMoreTreadingOnUs

Apr 2, 2013
    Garrett County
    Its already in MD.

Happened to someone I know. A "marraige counselor" interpreted something he did as "abusive", which it wasnt in any way.

Few days later, the Sherrifs Dept is loading his several guns into the back of their car. Wouldnt even case them when he requested.

He got them all back and there were lawsuits.

That’s unacceptable. But, also not consistent with what, by my reading, French has proposed. As I wrote, the details of how this would be implemented are obviously quite important.

NoMoreTreadingOnUs

Apr 2, 2013
    Garrett County
    I am not necessarily opposed to this, but this would not have stopped any of the mass murders or any of the 340 murders in Baltimore.

Florida has a process where the mass murderer could have been involuntarily committed, and nearly everyone from friends and family to law enforcement and the FBI dropped the ball.

An ******* determined to go out in a blaze of glory can still make bombs, rent trucks, etc. These assholes want to go out in infamy so they will simply choose something with the biggest shock value.

I didn’t mean to imply it’s a panacea. It seems to me that it could make a difference in some situations and if due process is made paramount in how it’s implemented then it’s worth considering.

For the record, I think the immediate step that should occur is adding armed security to schools as this is likely to do more to eliminate the threat than anything else I’ve heard proposed.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    The author's description of some of the "signals" given off by potential mass murders reminds me of the watch list of behaviors that got presented at a workplace of mine a few years ago.

Basically, if you want to own guns, watch the History Channel, crime shows, fervently believe in something (you know, Jesus, The Constitution is the law of the land) then you are worthy of being taken away for re-education, while your firearms are piled into a cruiser and left on the floor of the basement of the police station gathering rust until you spend $10K on lawyers to force the police to return them.

NoMoreTreadingOnUs

Apr 2, 2013
    Garrett County
    The whole restraining order law in Maryland is ridiculous...

The list of ridiculous Maryland laws is quite lengthy. I have no confidence that MD would implement a GVRO in a way that most of us would consider fair but the concept is worth discussing. I say that because we can’t allow the antis to consume all of the oxygen in the room and need to have something constructive to offer (incl e.g. arming teachers, securing schools, emphasizing importance of family and faith).

NoMoreTreadingOnUs

Apr 2, 2013
    Garrett County
    The author's description of some of the "signals" given off by potential mass murders reminds me of the watch list of behaviors that got presented at a workplace of mine a few years ago.

Basically, if you want to own guns, watch the History Channel, crime shows, fervently believe in something (you know, Jesus, The Constitution is the law of the land) then you are worthy of being taken away for re-education, while your firearms are piled into a cruiser and left on the floor of the basement of the police station gathering rust until you spend $10K on lawyers to force the police to return them.

Again, the Devil’s in the details. Laws can be written unambiguously when there’s a will to do so.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    IF the government would stand behind the 2A, I think the vast majority of people would be in favor of this and universal background checks. Since confiscation seems to be the left's only solution, there can be no discussion on anything.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Again, the Devil’s in the details. Laws can be written unambiguously when there’s a will to do so.

You'd think so wouldn't you? But when "navigable waters" become "anything that can float a rubber duck". And "interstate commerce" becomes, "Hey, you're in a hotel so you probably came from out of state". Then it doesn't make much difference.

Never mind that our overlords have any interest in writing a law favorable to our rights or, if history is any judge, writing any law that can be interpreted by a law person short of violating it and going to court.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Hello...

Is this another gun grabbing thread that's meant to look like a we need to do "Something" thread?

Absolutely. Says nothing about Knife Violence Restraining Order or Hammer Violence Restraining Order. It's just another feel good lots of words so your on the page longer story so I get advertising money ploy. What a bunch of baloney.

OP, you are being played by the liberals if you aren't one yourself. Try to not propagate their falsehoods. :mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom