• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • notfast

Sep 3, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    Does anyone have any experience with C-products Colt 32rd 9mm AR mags? What about pro mag?

I've heard nothing but negative things about pro mag. C-products are steel like the metalform/PSA ones at a significantly lower cost.

Anyone have any thoughts?

:party29:

braraigh

Aug 13, 2016
    Does anyone have any experience with C-products Colt 32rd 9mm AR mags? What about pro mag?

I've heard nothing but negative things about pro mag. C-products are steel like the metalform/PSA ones at a significantly lower cost.

I haven't used either of them but have had great experience with the ASC mags. Pretty cheap at gunmagwarehouse. You have to do a little filing on the front edge of the follower but I think you have to do that on all the colt style mags.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    C-Products are good mags. They also do milspec work and are ISO9001 compliant which says a lot in itself. I would avoid Promag. Never had their 32 round mags but from other products of theirs I have owned they are good for the range and nothing else.

Note for that gun you want the semi auto mags (plastic orange follower) and not the machine gun mags (metal follower). Both fit and work but the MG mags are a real bitch to load.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I haven't used either of them but have had great experience with the ASC mags. Pretty cheap at gunmagwarehouse. You have to do a little filing on the front edge of the follower but I think you have to do that on all the colt style mags.

I order some of these directly from ASC and they were glad to ship them elsewhere for me. I also bought some Brownells 32 rnd. mags(they would not ship elsewhere). I'm glad to hear the ASC mags work well. I haven't used either yet as I am still waiting on a can to shoot my 9mm. The Brownells seem to be very well made though, I'm not sure who makes them.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I have the original Colt mags as well as PSA mags. They both work flawlessly. I also have the IWI 9mm mags. I've had one hiccup with them so I can't vouch for them.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

C-Products are good. I had a bunch with my 9mm AR. All worked just fine once the paint was worn away on them. Very sturdy and had very, very minimal feed issues, which could have been my rifle on a very few occasions. I believe you can buy them as parts kits.

Edit: Nevermind. 44mag does not ship parts kits to MD and no mags over 10rds.

EKing

NRA Benefactor
    Aug 12, 2016
    Sykesville
    For my AR 9mm (non-dedicated lower, Pro-Mag mag well block), I first tried the ASC 32 round mags. Very well built and functioned fine with round nose bullets. When I started using flat point bullets, they started to jam.
    Next i tried the Brownells 32 round mags. Again, very well built but there were slight differences between the two, the follower is shaped differently and the feed lips are not the same. The Brownells mags fed any bullet flawlessly. Now I only use round nose bullets and don't worry about the ammo.

As far as Pro-Mag, I have always been skeptical about them, probably because of all the negative reviews, but my only experience with them is their Mini-14 mags. The two Pro-Mag magazines I have work just as well as my Ruger factory magazine.

boatbiologist

Nov 6, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    My Rock River mag block prefers Colt/ metaform mags over all others so it only gets fed Colts.

My CMMG lower eats everything.

I found the dozen or so Colt mags i had were slightly wider internally than CP such that loading would get very hard after 10 or so. The rounds sort of lock together. C Products load way easier than my Colts. So the CMMG only gets CP.

I rarely shoot the Rock River so between the two, CP is my favorite. Mine are welded stainless, we'll made with a slick follower and good springs. Finish is a parked like spray on and wears quickly. Metaform/ Colts do look better- nicely blued.

I have no experience with 9mm AR Pro Mags.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    My Rock River mag block prefers Colt/ metaform mags over all others so it only gets fed Colts.

My CMMG lower eats everything.

I found the dozen or so Colt mags i had were slightly wider internally than CP such that loading would get very hard after 10 or so. The rounds sort of lock together. C Products load way easier than my Colts. So the CMMG only gets CP.

I rarely shoot the Rock River so between the two, CP is my favorite. Mine are welded stainless, we'll made with a slick follower and good springs. Finish is a parked like spray on and wears quickly. Metaform/ Colts do look better- nicely blued.

I have no experience with 9mm AR Pro Mags.

If this is 9mm we are discussing then you probably have Colt SMG mags. Those still ship sometimes with the semi auto guns. I don't know why. Mine did. If the followers are metal in the white that's likely what they are.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have 2 Colt, 1 Uzi, 2 ASC, and 1 C-products magazines for my CMMG dedicated 9mm lower AR. One of them fountains every once in a while. But all feed my 147gr LFP reloads. ASCs were $20 at Sharpshooters in Lorton, VA.

notfast

Sep 3, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    Thanks for all the responses...I guess I shouldn't have waited a few days. Prices went up $6-8/mag on cheaperthatdirt for the ASC and C Products ones

zoopal

Jun 13, 2013

I bought 10 32rd, and 20 rd mag "C section" awhile ago, NONE of them working well. double feed all the time. When I use colt or metal form, it working well, no problem at all.:mad54::mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom