• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I'm posting this for my brother who had his 2005 KTM 525 EXC stolen last night when someone broke into his shed. It was the only item stolen and the police have been involved. If anybody sees it please PM me. Thanks
    1a8055b20676ef4e92ba0ff2a350d711.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    That's being used this morning to run drugs in the neighborhood. But don't worry, it will soon be seen at the dirt bike track they want to build for the yoots in the area.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Curious was shed and or bike locked and how they defeated that?

In any event, absolutely sucks and hope it's recovered quickly in good shape.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Shed was locked and was forced open. The lock is nowhere to be found, maybe they took it with them? Everything else in the shed is still there, gas power washer, rotor tiller and all his power & hand tools. We found tracks leading away from the shed & house but disappeared by the road.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    MOCO tried to get fingerprints off of the shed locking mechanism but nothing. Assuming that's why the lock is gone as that may have had fingerprints on it.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Shed was locked and was forced open. The lock is nowhere to be found, maybe they took it with them? Everything else in the shed is still there, gas power washer, rotor tiller and all his power & hand tools. We found tracks leading away from the shed & house but disappeared by the road.

Be careful, they might be back for the other stuff later.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I'm posting this for my brother who had his 2005 KTM 525 EXC stolen last night when someone broke into his shed. It was the only item stolen and the police have been involved. If anybody sees it please PM me. Thanks
    1a8055b20676ef4e92ba0ff2a350d711.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to me a few years back. My 2004 YZ250f and my son's YZ80 both stolen from locked shed. Had a cable lock run through both frames as well. All for nothing.

2 years later, got a call from DC police that my son's bike was found after a chase.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Isn't that bluetooth? Not sure how far it would actually work. Now if you rigged up C4 and a tile detonator that went off if someone took it too far away I'm all for it!

But wait. I'm sure he would be a good boy. Loving son and father to 3-9 kids. How do you expect him to get a good education without the proper transportation to go back and forth from his supplier and his street corner. Oh wait, that should read back and forth from his home to school and back... yeah that's it.

Come on man...can't you help out a brother? After all, yous got insurance, yous'll get anoder ones when da insurance pays off.

Come on man...

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    But wait. I'm sure he would be a good boy. Loving son and father to 3-9 kids. How do you expect him to get a good education without the proper transportation to go back and forth from his supplier and his street corner. Oh wait, that should read back and forth from his home to school and back... yeah that's it.

Come on man...can't you help out a brother? After all, yous got insurance, yous'll get anoder ones when da insurance pays off.

Come on man...

I know I know...my compassion escapes me at times!

Then again I've donated my fair share already. Had a CR500 stolen out of the back of my truck early one AM. Couple years later my garage was broken into and two 4-wheelers walked out. This was just prior to alarm and DVR. Then couple years later had a nice pair of gentleman come to my house for a CR250 and what could it hurt to let one take a test drive while his buddy hung around with me. Well he never came back so that was 4.

Perhaps they were all used to transport future brain surgeons and physicists to college classes. I choose to stay positive and think they were going to college. For just a second I wished they wrecked and were pinned under an 18 wheeler while a fire burned and sulfuric acid leaked out of the trailer around them. Okay maybe two seconds...

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Good news! The bike was found this morning @ 1:30am on the side of the road in Germantown when a police officer heard it and followed the noise. Didn't catch any suspects and because of the weather no prints on the bike. Just a little beat up and abused but still runs and will be fixed back up. My brother is elated that he got it back as he didn't think he would ever see it again.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    glad to hear he got it back!!! interested in hearing any better deterrent/protection/tracking precautions out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom