• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'm applying, got a call to set up an interview. Any advice? My main argument is:
    a. DOD employee
    b. High security clearance
    c. OPM data breach
    d. Work at Pax River (location targeted by ISIS)
    e. Involved in testing of unmanned aircraft
    f. Publicly associated with unmanned aviation (professional papers going as far back as the late 1990s)

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I'm applying, got a call to set up an interview. Any advice? My main argument is:
    a. DOD employee
    c. OPM data breach
    f. Publicly associated with unmanned aviation (professional papers going as far back as the late 1990s)

Sounds like G&S to me. Good luck.

I knew a fellow several years ago who was heavily involved with unmanned aircraft, and also liked MINI Coopers. I went to some of the fly-ins and was amazed at what you guys can make those things do. :thumbsup:

marylandmark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    If there is a lull in the conversation, leave it there. Most people like to fill that lull with conversation and most hurt themselves more than they help.

ashershapiro

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 11, 2014
    What if they bring up the fact that that you can't bring the gun on base? You should anticipate that question.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    have answers to all these questions...I've been there done that, the rest of you take notes

what is your present position and job title
    what are your business hours
    are thee off street parking facilities
    what are the lighting conditions
    type of surroundings at buisness
    what police districts are nearby
    do you respond to alarm calls
    percentage of buisness dealing with cash
    how often and what time of day do you make depositits
    method used to make deposits
    what transportation do you use
    what bank
    travel distance
    solo deposits?
    are you a guard
    type of work you perform
    have you been robbed? please document
    where will you secure the firearm whem not in use
    what caliber firearm
    do you drink
    do you take scrip meds

some but not all the questions I semi recall. good luck, plead your case it may help.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    What if they bring up the fact that that you can't bring the gun on base? You should anticipate that question.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

They won't and he shouldn't. If that were an issue, then there wouldn't even be an interview at this point.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    have answers to all these questions...I've been there done that, the rest of you take notes

what bank
    travel distance
    solo deposits?
    are you a guard
    type of work you perform
    what caliber firearm
    do you drink
    do you take scrip meds

some but not all the questions I semi recall. good luck, plead your case it may help.

So, these were your questions? YOU have the same G&S as the OP?

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    These are the standard questions that get asked regardless of job type. Remember that getting a ccw in MD is based upon finances and not your knowledge or skill set no matter what your security clearance is.

doublins

Dec 16, 2015
    AA County
    These are the standard questions that get asked regardless of job type. Remember that getting a ccw in MD is based upon finances and not your knowledge or skill set no matter what your security clearance is.

My interview included none of these questions save for the type of gun I planned to carry, and my G&S is close enough to OP, so I would say that your advice should be taken with a grain of salt

TheBulge

Mar 7, 2011

I had three of those questions.

type of work you perform

do you drink

TheBulge

Mar 7, 2011
    My interview included none of these questions save for the type of gun I planned to carry, and my G&S is close enough to OP, so I would say that your advice should be taken with a grain of salt

Did you get approved by MSP or have to go to the HPRB?

FRANKCASTLE

Apr 28, 2013
    a. DOD employee
    c. OPM data breach

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE....(and get u approved for a CCW permit) :D

jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    When I had mine they seemed to focus on Medication I might be taking and alcohol/illegal drugs. Though that could be because of the way I look :D .

Interestingly enough he also asked to speak with my wife. My interview took place at my place of business and she was there. Turned out he asked if I was ever abusive of violent.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County

what bank
    travel distance
    solo deposits?
    are you a guard
    type of work you perform
    what caliber firearm
    do you drink
    do you take scrip meds

Thumbsup. Two very different situations.

There is no such thing as "The Standard Questions" in these interviews. This has been proven time and again and shared right here on this forum for the past 3 years. The interviewer will ask anything his or her little brain can think up.

The OP obviously did not apply as a business owner, so most of the questions listed are irrelevant.

I applied as a business owner and was only asked a very few of the questions listed.

Did you get approved by MSP or have to go to the HPRB?

Yes, both me and the Misses approved by MSP and recently renewed. I also has helped several friends with the process and all have been successful.

TheBulge

Mar 7, 2011
    a. DOD employee
    c. OPM data breach

I don't really think the interview has that much impact on the decision.
    My interviewer did not have a say. She simple forwarded the investigation to a trooper. Just be truthful. If they find you lying, you are done.

Regrettably, I don't think MSP will approve you. I do however, think you will have a very good chance at the HPRB provided you can articulate the nexus between your position and G&S. Unfortunately a lot of your evidence is likely "sensitive" and cant be used.

Keep us posted on your progress. It will be good to get more data points on the clearance/data breach pathway.

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    Bring as much proof, or "Evidence" cause if you dont, they'll ask for it later and it'll just delay things...thats where I'm at...and its funny, if I didn't submit my "Evidence" by May 6th, I would be disapprove..and yet, its the 12th and they had my proof for almost 3 weeks now..guess the next few days, I'll get my answer..

TheBulge

Mar 7, 2011
    if I didn't submit my "Evidence" by May 6th, I would be disapprove..and yet, its the 12th and they had my proof for almost 3 weeks now..guess the next few days, I'll get my answer..

Im in the exact same position. I called the Licensing Division and got a big time run around. Several conflicting excuses from several different people. Im on day 112 since my check was cashed. Waiting on an email or letter or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom