• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    as many of you know My Tula Krink is extremely over gassed the builder said that going SBR will get rid of the problem. I have never used efile and would like instructions to do so or a tutorial. Thanks for your help guys

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    1. Do you have a trust? If yes, proceed. If not, paper Form 1.
    2. Go to https://www.atfonline.gov/EForms/
    3. Click Register, fill out information on next screen, click Register again.
    4. Enter username and password, then click login at https://www.atfonline.gov/EForms/
    5. Click OK on the pop-up warning.
    6. Use slider in middle of screen to move to green icon for ATF FORM 5320.1 (FORM 1)
    7. Click the green icon for ATF FORM 5320.1

You are at this point in the form and it should be more or less self-explanatory. There are a number of guides available online, e.g. www.guntrustlawyer.com/form1.html

Pro-tips:
    • "Licensee/Permitee Name" field is your trust name, leave Trade Name field blank.
    • On the Line Item screen, you're entering the SBR information. Search for the Manufacturer, press Verify, then continue through the screens entering the pertinent information.
    • "State Why You Intend To Make Firearm" field should contain ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES.
    • I left description blank, but this is where additional markings go.
    • After you enter this there will be an electronic documents field - DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR TRUST INFORMATION HERE. This is for blueprints, etc. in regards to the LINE ITEM (your SBR).
    • Trust documents are uploaded in the Electronic Documents section. See the navigation bar below the save button - blue (or purple if you've been there) squares and lines with section headings below them.
    • Only click Submit once after you Certify. You should receive an email that submission was successful - it may take time to process the submission after clicking...DO NOT CLICK AGAIN.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    1. Do you have a trust? If yes, proceed. If not, paper Form 1.
    2. Go to https://www.atfonline.gov/EForms/
    3. Click Register, fill out information on next screen, click Register again.
    4. Enter username and password, then click login at https://www.atfonline.gov/EForms/
    5. Click OK on the pop-up warning.
    6. Use slider in middle of screen to move to green icon for ATF FORM 5320.1 (FORM 1)
    7. Click the green icon for ATF FORM 5320.1

You are at this point in the form and it should be more or less self-explanatory. There are a number of guides available online, e.g. www.guntrustlawyer.com/form1.html

Pro-tips:
    • "Licensee/Permitee Name" field is your trust name, leave Trade Name field blank.
    • On the Line Item screen, you're entering the SBR information. Search for the Manufacturer, press Verify, then continue through the screens entering the pertinent information.
    • "State Why You Intend To Make Firearm" field should contain ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES.
    • I left description blank, but this is where additional markings go.
    • After you enter this there will be an electronic documents field - DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR TRUST INFORMATION HERE. This is for blueprints, etc. in regards to the LINE ITEM (your SBR).
    • Trust documents are uploaded in the Electronic Documents section. See the navigation bar below the save button - blue (or purple if you've been there) squares and lines with section headings below them.
    • Only click Submit once after you Certify. You should receive an email that submission was successful - it may take time to process the submission after clicking...DO NOT CLICK AGAIN.

Just what I've been asking for. Thanks!:D

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    if I have multi. people on my trust do I need to put both our names in the permittee section?/ Trade name

I discussed this with ATF when I submitted last summer. At that time, you only needed the trust name in the permittee section.

The language in the trust lists all the trustees but the trust itself was the only applicant/permittee.

The system has gone through a few changes since then, so you might want input from someone who has submitted more recently.

Also here's a more visual form of the guntrustlawyer instructions (which are exactly the same as how I submitted last year):
    http://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2013/08/gun-trust-and-submitting-atf-f.html

More detailed version here saying the same exact thing here:
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/415446_Visual_guide__How_to_fill_out_a_Form_1_using_EFORMS.html

Just need to keep your attachment sizes below 3MB too.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    if I have multi. people on my trust do I need to put both our names in the permittee section?/ Trade name

No, the trust is the permittee/owner of the firearm.

But multiple people, who are trustees, could have their own log ins and submit Form 1s for the trust.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Just need to keep your attachment sizes below 3MB too.

A trick here: high-res 300DPI scan of only your executed trust (the page with signatures) and Schedule A (if it has anything on it) then use a PDF tool to combine it with a standard low-res scan (or original PDF) of your other trust pages.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    FYI, If *YOU* made the receiver (folded it from a blank for an AK, milled from a 80% for AR, etc.) then you put "Form 1 Registration, United States" in the 4a name/location of orig manufacturer field. Its one of the drop down box selections.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    A trick here: high-res 300DPI scan of only your executed trust (the page with signatures) and Schedule A (if it has anything on it) then use a PDF tool to combine it with a standard low-res scan (or original PDF) of your other trust pages.

Good to know. Makes sense; with 98% of the doc being text (which doesn't need much resolution to be reproduced clearly).

I have a decent scanner but ended up using Staples to reduce the size more. They have a nice business-class scanner (strong compression algorithm) that gave me 19 high-res pages at 2.34mb.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

I just scanned the pages in groups to stay under the file size limit. Schedule A was separate, so later I only have to re-scan that one page.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Jesus H Christ-I doubt if I'll ever be able to exile a From 1 as this is all gibberish to me. Computer crap is like rocket science to me. Scan, shrink, pdf etc-hows an old guy learn this stuff?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    1) Do your trust.

2) Go to someplace like Kinko's with a copy of your executed trust. Tell them you want it scanned to a file size less than 3 megabytes. Or to multiple <3MB files.

3) eFile

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Jesus H Christ-I doubt if I'll ever be able to exile a From 1 as this is all gibberish to me. Computer crap is like rocket science to me. Scan, shrink, pdf etc-hows an old guy learn this stuff?

Shortcut? Borrow a kid, grandkid, trustworthy neighbor’s kid, tell them what you’re trying to do. They’ll get you straightened out in about 5 minutes. It’s definitely worth it. Form 1 approvals are taking about 3 weeks right now.

If you want to give it a shot, easiest thing is head to Staples/Kinkos etc with a USB flash drive (8 gigabyte drive is ~$6).

Ask them to scan your documents onto that flash drive at a size of less than 3 megabytes. Tell them you want the document in pdf format. They’ll know exactly what that means.

Head home, plug the flash drive into your computer, upload your trust to eForm using the instruction links above. Do it once and you'll wonder why you waited so long. :thumbsup:

kc day

MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2008
    This is great news. I will definitely use this avenue with my upcoming trust purchase. What a timesaver.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    Can you file on a Saturday? I have registered, but it will not log me on. nothing happen when I click the "login" button.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    I cant get the file size under 4.06 MB. I have saved it as a reduced size file. Its so bad that You almost cant read it. this sucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom