• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crawls

Apr 2, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    :mad54:
    On my drive home I wanted to rip my own ears off after hearing the WTOP News guy say (and I paraphrase) "according to a Baltimore Sun poll, over 80% of Maryland residents support bans on assault weapons and high capacity ammunition clips."

I was so angry, I had to pull off to the side of I-270 to call up and complain to the station manager. Of course it went directly to his voice mail.

If anyone else heard the same, please feel free to do the same.

WTOP -- Contact Us.

I felt it was rather irresponsible for make such a statement based off of a small poll; conducted by a liberal publication; in a relatively liberal urban part of the state while ignoring the overwhelming turn out aginst the bill last month.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ****I heard it too. Pissed me off to no end but this small poll fits the media narrative that "reasonable" people overwhelmingly support banning assault weapons, hi-cap magazines, etc... It's basically a type of push polling where if enough people hear how others feel, it influences their opinions as well. If polling does NOT go their way, they ask a "man on the street" which is not even remotely scientific, and find someone who pushes their agenda...

This has been done for a long time as it works...

T-MANN

Feb 6, 2013
    When I took my drive from St. Mary's County to Annapolis on Feb 6....all I heard all the way up on WTOP was traffic is jammed in Annapolis because of the "presidents visit"........by the time I got to the stadium parking lot I called wtop to set the record straight...."nobody cares that he's here....everbody is here to oppose the gun control bill".... I thought I was amazed....until I left and the media said there was only 600 people at the rally.

Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    People’s Republic of Maryland
    :mad54:
    On my drive home I wanted to rip my own ears off after hearing the WTOP News guy say (and I paraphrase) "according to a Baltimore Sun poll, over 80% of Maryland residents support bans on assault weapons and high capacity ammunition clips."

I was so angry, I had to pull off to the side of I-270 to call up and complain to the station manager. Of course it went directly to his voice mail.

If anyone else heard the same, please feel free to do the same.

WTOP -- Contact Us.

I felt it was rather irresponsible for make such a statement based off of a small poll; conducted by a liberal publication; in a relatively liberal urban part of the state while ignoring the overwhelming turn out aginst the bill last month.

That is either a result of piss poor journalism, or pure left wing party propaganda and brain washing.

Not sure which.

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Gentlemen, WTOP was merely reporting the WaPo's poll. Granted, they should have included countering polls but are there any they can cite?

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    If the news sources had any credibility they would mention how poll results can easily be manipulated depending on how the questions are worded.

For example:

"Do you support a ban on rapid-fire military-style assault weapons?"
    VS
    "Do you support a ban on the most popular semi-automatic firearms?"

If you ask people these two questions you will be guaranteed to get very different results.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Gentlemen, WTOP was merely reporting the WaPo's poll. Granted, they should have included countering polls but are there any they can cite?
    IIRC, MSI has a poll, with the standard methodologies attached. I don't recall where the link is, but I believe it has been posted several times herein.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom