YOU are behind enemy lines now VA...now what do we do?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    my question is, How many folks from virginia that have been asking us to help them in their cause along with the rest of the country, Are going to return the favor and help us in our cause in Annapolis ?

Genuinely curious to see if this will be a 1 sided story

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    Instead of offering for VA sanctuary counties to become part of West Virginia, a lot more could be accomplished if West Virginia and North Carolina publicly offered jobs to all VA LEO and Guardsmen who want to keep their oaths.
    As soon as a couple LEO’s put in their notice, the legiscritters would be forced to face reality.

Yeah and they'll replace the pro 2a leo's who leave with leo's who'll follow the party line.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I will take you up on the beverages, but I am pissed that I was right. I actually planned to retire in south-south western VA to stay half a day’s travel to kids when I retire but still have some freedom. I’m pissed rather than just agitated bc I bought a 10-acre tract of property. My thinking was that it would never fall bc it was the “Home of the NRA”. :mad:

Bloomberg targeted VA specifically because it IS the home of the NRA. That's why he bought Warner, Northam and a majority in the House and Senate. Of course, with the AG to enforce his edicts. He even announced his intention a couple of years ago.

VA has become MD in just two election cycles...

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    After looking through the plethora of VA threads, I figured this was as good a thread as any in which to post this.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com...VsQRJYw2FkUbRvxmetEFnfTJjiRRS7UuhNWceDd0PfeJc

"Police in Virginia aren't coming for your guns. They just aren't allowed to tell you that."
    Instead of offering for VA sanctuary counties to become part of West Virginia, a lot more could be accomplished if West Virginia and North Carolina publicly offered jobs to all VA LEO and Guardsmen who want to keep their oaths.
    As soon as a couple LEO’s put in their notice, the legiscritters would be forced to face reality.

There will always be enough bullies, power trippers and quislings to do the deed. Just look at the confiscation squad in the LAPD. How many does it take? The handful of troopers in the MSP LD are enough to strangle the 2A in this state...

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    As long as there are folks like Bloomberg and Soros, you/we can NEVER REST. No state is safe from infringement. Not now. Not ever.

As long as big money and absolute power are synonymous, our freedom and liberty are at risk. Though they are God given, they are today politically and economically fungible.

Absolute and damned shame that.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    As long as there are folks like Bloomberg and Soros, you/we can NEVER REST. No state is safe from infringement. Not now. Not ever.

Absolute and damned shame that.

The ONLY way our country can be saved is a forceful exile of these people from our country, and making the ones still left too afraid to come out of hiding.

Sad but true.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    There will always be enough bullies, power trippers and quislings to do the deed. Just look at the confiscation squad in the LAPD. How many does it take? The handful of troopers in the MSP LD are enough to strangle the 2A in this state...

You don't even need a squad.

Tell you what, you go make a suppressed SBR without any paperwork and walk around in public with it.

Let me know if the cops defend your god given rights, and write to me from prison if they don't. /s

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    You don't even need a squad.

Tell you what, you go make a suppressed SBR without any paperwork and walk around in public with it.

Let me know if the cops defend your god given rights, and write to me from prison if they don't. /s

I understand your point.

However, most cops have zero understanding of the NFA. They wouldn’t know to ask for Federal paperwork. If you volunteered to show them the “paperwork” they would probably laugh at you because it looks about as official as a note “signed HaveBlue’s Mom”.

People obey laws because it’s in their nature to do so. Or they obey them because they have something to lose. The gov doesn’t need to enforce any of this. Most people that legally own guns for self defense do so because they have something to lose.

Frankly I don’t think they will enforce any of this unless it’s flouted publicly.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    I understand your point.

However, most cops have zero understanding of the NFA. They wouldn’t know to ask for Federal paperwork. If you volunteered to show them the “paperwork” they would probably laugh at you because it looks about as official as a note “signed HaveBlue’s Mom”.

People obey laws because it’s in their nature to do so. Or they obey them because they have something to lose. The gov doesn’t need to enforce any of this. Most people that legally own guns for self defense do so because they have something to lose.

Frankly I don’t think they will enforce any of this unless it’s flouted publicly.

"Frankly I don’t think they will enforce any of this unless it’s flouted publicly."

I agree...for now...but as time goes on, the future generations of "us" will have become accustomed to the "new rules" and won't have the training or weapons at hand that we have now. It is about phasing things out.
    Boiling the frog and all that.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I understand your point.

No way man. It will be enforced. Will gun confiscation happen? Of course not. They aren't going to do anything to the masses. They will attack the individual. Like you said, they know we have something to lose.

When they pull you over and find you with your AR15 that wasn't grandfathered and/or registered, you WILL be going to jail. The cops aren't likely to say "aw shucks, I support guns. I'll let this guy with the illegal assault weapon go."

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    Let’s take a breath... high five a few surprised strangers... now let’s pay our neighbors back and take this fight to Maryland!!

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Bloomberg targeted VA specifically because it IS the home of the NRA. That's why he bought Warner, Northam and a majority in the House and Senate. Of course, with the AG to enforce his edicts. He even announced his intention a couple of years ago.

no. bloomberg has been saying for decades, going back to the 1980's that Virginia is a specific problem because it (and Ohio) are the source for a disproportionate number of crime guns in NY, NJ, Conn., Maryland. They have even used the term "pipeline" to define what they tout as a trafficking issue.

Virginia is a key part of the shell game assertion that gun crime in Newark, Baltimore, Buffalo etc is not the fault of politicians, police or the people in those towns -- but the fault of Richmond.

Virginia also is the purple state with the most clear demographic trends.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    :lol2::lol::lol2::lol: You clearly have not read VA's state constitution, looked at the super majority of Republicans in the house and senate, looked a VA gun laws, or recognized that the last libtard Dem's 'one handgun a month' law passed by Doug Wilder 20 years ago was just repealed.
    The VA House is solidly pro 2A. Best case is gridlock on new laws. The AG race is still too close to call.

First of all we all get it wrong every once in a while so I am not calling out these posters for getting it wrong. But rather simply to illustrate that these were widely held beliefs just a few months ago.

Two weeks ago I was taking my kids and a couple friends fishing on Saturday and on Friday I discovered I was short a reel.I was driving by the Dicks at Bailey's crossroads in Virginia and did something I have not done in a long time --I stepped inside a Dicks sporting goods. They had zero ammo, zero targets and gun cleaning stuff, a couple of safes and their last couple of long guns were on "clearance."

Years before I had bought a .22 at this very same Dicks, and I recalled talking to the young man who was the gun department manager. He was quite knowledgeable about guns. He explained to me that respect for the Second Amendment transcended political party in Virginia and he specifically said, "it is a cultural, not political value here."

No it isn't. There is not any issue in US policy and legislation that is more clearly partisan. Mike Bloomberg has made it a litmus test

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    First of all we all get it wrong every once in a while so I am not calling out these posters for getting it wrong. But rather simply to illustrate that these were widely held beliefs just a few months ago.

Two weeks ago I was taking my kids and a couple friends fishing on Saturday and on Friday I discovered I was short a reel.I was driving by the Dicks at Bailey's crossroads in Virginia and did something I have not done in a long time --I stepped inside a Dicks sporting goods. They had zero ammo, zero targets and gun cleaning stuff, a couple of safes and their last couple of long guns were on "clearance."

Years before I had bought a .22 at this very same Dicks, and I recalled talking to the young man who was the gun department manager. He was quite knowledgeable about guns. He explained to me that respect for the Second Amendment transcended political party in Virginia and he specifically said, "it is a cultural, not political value here."

No it isn't. There is not any issue in US policy and legislation that is more clearly partisan. Mike Bloomberg has made it a litmus test

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom