• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I concur. My personal experience with the Troopers at the licensing division was that they were there because they were true believers, citizens not having carry permits. Let's not forget our favorite Trooper, Knaub! "What have you done to deserve a permit?"

No one has been more critical of the LD than me but believe me when I tell you that they don't all drink the Frosh kool aid. Will they do their jobs to the absolute best of their ability, even if it means doing something they don't personally believe in? Yes they will and do.

Personally I couldn't work a job that I knew deep down was depriving citizens of their God given rights but that's why I don't work in the LD.

I fully expect that WHEN Maryland goes Shall Issue via a SCOTUS decision that the same troopers who have a Big Gulp of the Frosh Kool Aid on their desk every day will process permits to the best of their ability. And hate every second of it.

For some reason that just does not set well with me , during my OAH they fought like hell to keep me from getting my restrictions removed .

Every argument my attorney made they battled back with vigor . Just makes no sense . If i did not agree with the message i sure in hell would not fight like my life depended on it .

Just my opinion

See above. Defense attorneys argue for their client vigorously all the time even when they know that they are guilty as sin. These guys aren't going to risk their livelihood by half assing it at the OAH regardless of personal beliefs.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I realize one size don't fit all , I just wonder where the change of heart came ?? The MSP-LD did not dream up this change on their own , they were directed by someone higher up . IMHO

andyp11s

Mar 8, 2013
    My renewal was back in May. I filed my appeal when the permit came in. I received a phone call yesterday to tell me my appeal was being withdrawn because MSP had issued me an unrestricted permit on Monday. Hopefully, I will have it sometime next week.

br3krj

Libertarian Conservative
    Oct 25, 2009
    Harford County
    Modification request mailed on Friday 8/9, check cashed Friday 8/16. Hoping
    to receive unrestricted permit by Monday 8/19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: phone call from Stevi on 8/21 saying permit modification was issued. New permit received today 8/29.

Free at last!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Just got a inexpensive fanny pack off Amazon. Now I can comfortably carry my X-ds 45 at the gym. Actually there right now:)

Never would have done it with those previous restrictions.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    This was a baby step. Recent plans of the Patriot Picket doing a long gun carry exercise could have pushed this change over the edge. Imagine the news coverage of an event with long arms being openly carried, not as a protest or demonstration mind you, but as a subtle reminder of Maryland laws during a common roadside cleanup.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    This was a baby step. Recent plans of the Patriot Picket doing a long gun carry exercise could have pushed this change over the edge. Imagine the news coverage of an event with long arms being openly carried, not as a protest or demonstration mind you, but as a subtle reminder of Maryland laws during a common roadside cleanup.

We would need 1,000’s for it to work. I am in.

CBo

Feb 11, 2018
    Columbia
    Mailed forms on 8/7, Check was cleared 8/19, and just received in the mail 9/6. Posting for those who are waiting and we can get an idea as what to expect time wise. Good luck all!

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Mailed forms on 8/12, Check was cleared 8/27, and just received in the mail 9/6. Posting for those who are waiting and we can get an idea as what to expect time wise. Good luck all!

The rush must be over.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I was in the pipeline for a hearing that was to be held on 8/12. Stevi notified me on 8/7 that hearing was canceled and a new permit would be issued. Permit arrived on 8/12.

My SIL was 4 months behind me in the appeals pipeline. He got his modified permit today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

svennn

Oct 20, 2017
    I am a business owner and I am thinking of applying for a carry permit.

My question is about the renewal in 3 years. Is it basically like a new application? In all likelihood I will not be an owner in 3 years so will they deny a renewal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom