• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    I think you’re giving it way too much thought.
    Start a sole proprietorship called BigFoot Mobile Umbrella Sales, start a small business account at your local bank. Buy a case of umbrellas at Sam’s Club for $10 a piece and keep them in your trunk (since you are a mobile business). Sell umbrellas for 3 months, doesn’t need to be cash, doesn’t need to be a certain amount just show sales into the aforementioned account. Take your class and apply for your now unrestricted CCW. Continue selling umbrellas here and there.

I wouldn’t have started the business except I needed a G&S.

Did you do something like this:

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-establish-sole-proprietorship-maryland.html

Do you have licenses, or have to worry about zoning?

Do you file Schedule C, with the feds?

Thank you.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Friend from FL sent this me today. Yes MDA we’ll look out for you too.

I stand behind you in line at the store with a smile on my face...and a gun under my shirt and you are none the wiser, yet you are safer for having me next to you. I won't shoot you. My gun won't pull it's own trigger. It is securely holstered with the trigger covered. It can't just go off. However, rest assured that if a lunatic walks into the grocery store and pulls out a rifle, I will draw my pistol and protect myself and my family and therefore protect you and your family. I may freeze up. I may piss my pants. I may get shot before I can pull the trigger...but, I won't die in a helpless blubbering heap on the floor begging for my life or my child's life. I won't be that victim. I choose not to be. As for you, I don't ask you to carry a gun. If you are not comfortable, then please don't. But I would like to keep my right to choose to not be a helpless victim. There is evil in the world and if evil has a gun, I want one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Fly Fishing Rod business, for those that remember that one.

I think it was the Dept. of Labor that told me I don’t need a license(?) since I merely provide a service, iirc.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    tenor.gif

Kidd07

Res Ipsa Loquitur
    Jul 3, 2019
    Southern Maryland
    I owe you an apology...definitely didn’t give you any credit. Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries, but thank you for the apology and the welcoming. This forum has certainly provided me with the essential tools that I needed to successfully obtain my unrestricted permit, so I'm grateful!

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I wonder if this change has anything to do with the debacle of the HPRB legislation during the last MDGA session, and the veto override vote that will happen next season. Maybe Hogan finally got tired of being shat upon by the legislators time and again, just a thought.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    I wonder if this change has anything to do with the debacle of the HPRB legislation during the last MDGA session, and the veto override vote that will happen next season. Maybe Hogan finally got tired of being shat upon by the legislators time and again, just a thought.

Nah. If he did he would have instructed MSP to accept self defense as G and S. And let MSP and frosh have to deal with it after the override. He’s not that smart or a friend of the Constitution

He’s playing Uno while everyone else is playing Stratego

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I hit the paywall but at least it’s out there

Attachments

• 64C1F1EC-2E47-483A-B6EB-1CAAC035CECA.jpg
      64C1F1EC-2E47-483A-B6EB-1CAAC035CECA.jpg
      67.9 KB · Views: 261

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I hit the paywall but at least it’s out there

Preparing for shrieking Moms ranting about how crazy this is in the wake of more mass killing by crazed gun owners and how we'll immediately need new Maryland laws to reign in this reckless new policy that will surely end in more El Paso and Dayton events. Also, this is a sure sign that business owners have white privilege. Jazz hands!

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    MSP Superintendent Pallozzi’s statement here:

Attachments

• C351B3C8-4C18-4F8F-BFF1-974AB69CDDC2.jpg
      C351B3C8-4C18-4F8F-BFF1-974AB69CDDC2.jpg
      91.5 KB · Views: 200
    Last edited:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    There is no change to the instructions for a request for mod on their site.

I am in line (and have date) to go down to the dog and pony show of an alter-universe courtroom/non-courtroom. Are they going to officially address all of us whom are business owners and already requested modification several months ago?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    There is no change to the instructions for a request for mod on their site.

I am in line (and have date) to go down to the dog and pony show of an alter-universe courtroom/non-courtroom. Are they going to officially address all of us whom are business owners and already requested modification several months ago?

Official statement out by the MSP spokesman now. They’ve made it oh-fishal. I’m sure I’ll wake up at any moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom