• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    One issue you may encounter with some FFLs is a need to prove the firearm in question is, in fact, C&R. When it is not otherwise obvious, it might take some effort to show a firearm is a C&R. I work part time in a shop where we have sold handguns as C&R....but if there is a question, we will not chance running afoul of the law. We have sold Tokarevs (most are on the C&R list....a few are not), P64s, and a number of firearms that have definitely not been made in the last 50 yrs. On the other hand, it is not always easy to show a year of manufacture for many firearms. We have one customer without an HQL who has purchased a P38 and a P08 Luger in the last couple years.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    We do C&R handgun transfers all the time with no HQL from the transferee. As long as it was made over 50 years ago, you’re good. We’ve got probably 10 on the 7-day waiting period now. Stop by the store and we can walk you through the process.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Just out of curiousity...have you ever made a purchase of a firearm at a FFL dealer in Md?

It's unclear whether this was directed at me, but just in case, yes. When I find a C&R-eligible pistol locally that I'd like, I certainly purchase from MD FFLs. Got a sweet 1959 S&W M41, and a 1934 Mauser, over the last year.

FFL03 has spoiled me, though, especially since 2013.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I think that was directed to the OP .

But we still enjoy hearing about your cool acquisitions .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I think that was directed to the OP .

But we still enjoy hearing about your cool acquisitions .

I'm always pleased to bring you joy.

The M41 has the 7.5 inch barrel with muzzle brake; I found 5.5 inch barrel for it on ebay. That was a serious surprise, I don't usually shop for gun stuff there.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Back when I lived in MD, I transferred a C&R handgun to a non-HQL friend at the MSP barracks. First the troopers tried to tell me that I needed an HQL to sell a handgun and then that the buyer needed an HQL because the handgun wasn't an antique. It took about half an hour for them to call licensing, but they eventually got it resolved.

Cbrem

Jan 2, 2017
    Carroll County
    A couple years ago I bought an old Savage Model 99 off Gunbroker. The seller originally said he would only ship to an 01 FFL. Before I bid I sent him a link to the C&R section on the ATF website, showing the rifle was eligible, and he agreed to honor my C&R license and send it to me.

nice way to work it. Ill keep that in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom