• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Your are already on the clock for him to set up residency on your property. Once he does it will be hell trying to get him removed, even if he is just sleeping in the woods.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones

Attachments

• Tresspasser July 15 2017.JPG
      Tresspasser July 15 2017.JPG
      11.1 KB · Views: 670

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    I really appreciate the perspective folks. At this point, if he is still showing up when I pull my cards this Sunday as usual, I will escalate. I think he has moved on. If he has not, I will print out photos and discuss with the neighbors and will alert the local PD and Sheriff's office.

He could be a fugitive, you REALLY need to contact LE ASAP. You'd hate to find out later this dude did something awful while he was out and about living on your land and you could have possibly prevented it. Being homeless or transient, he may or may not be a threat. Running from the law, he IS a threat.

So he disappears from your cams, you do nothing, then next week he breaks into a neighbor's house and rapes their daughter, then what? I know that's a lot of hypotheticals, but I couldn't live with myself.

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    Update...

OK, now i am worked up! It is now official, he is a criminal and he and/or his associates is/are a potential threat.

I forwarded this thread to a neighbor who forwarded it to another neighbor, who has a friend at the local PD and they all informally ID'd the guy as Chris Lewis and advised he has a criminal history of some sort.

Onto the Maryland criminal records I go and in about a minute, I have him identified. Chris Thomas Lewis.

Turns out he lives at the local notorious "drug house" right near us. Turns out he has, at the very least, an active drug case against him.

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/casesearch/inquiryDetail.jis?caseId=10K17059922&loc=67&detailLoc=K

Other felons that live(d) there got busted for poaching deer recently and I am 100% sure it was them that stole two of my tree stands. The dad dumped deer carcasses in my woods (neighbor witnessed it) and I believe the son is still incarcerated on gun charges related to the poaching (felon in possession).

Nothing good ever comes from that house and this is more proof.

I am working with the Maryland State Police on this now and will seek a no-tresspass order against him.

Last edited:

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    So on 7/13 he appeared on your trail camera in the white t-shirt, which is the same day the most recent drug charges were filed against him. I wonder if he was trying to flee/avoid the police when those photos were snapped?

Attachments

• charges.jpg
      charges.jpg
      97.1 KB · Views: 513

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Have you even talked to this guy? I wouldn't be riled up unless stuff started to go missing, I know you had some previous thefts but you still really don't know who did it.

I've dealt with this often, I dont live in neighborhood , people cut through the woods to get somewhere faster.

The last guy who was pictured consistently like what you have going on I talked to and he told me he didn't want any trouble and that he totalled his car. He looked exactly like the subject you have pictured and he seemed to have some mental issues, maybe CDS problems? Who knows, not my business.

We let him walk through and mind his business. He walked fast and never looked around and eventually it stopped. It's not like he was going to keep walking through until the end of eternity.

The starting point for each situation for me is someone's demeanor and intentions. Hypothetical if he's just walking through and nothing else, Do you go to war with your neighbors kid who has nothing to lose? Eventually he's not going to be in the greybar motel, might be real mad at you, and the Police aren't going to run 24/7 surveillance on this guy.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    The starting point for each situation for me is someone's demeanor and intentions. Hypothetical if he's just walking through and nothing else, Do you go to war with your neighbors kid who has nothing to lose? Eventually he's not going to be in the greybar motel, might be real mad at you, and the Police aren't going to run 24/7 surveillance on this guy.

If the OP showed the pic to the local cops they probably know the room number at the local long-stay motel where they can find him. The pics without shirt look like he is probably homeless and has his camp nearby. At this point this is simple trespass and until the OP has a chance to talk to him and serve him notice the police isnt going to do a thing. So yes, the first thing is to talk to him.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    You all are crazy. If you call the police, they will come out and talk to him and then trespass him. They will then remove him from your property. If he returns, he'll be arrested. You, the OP, should NOT take the advice above and go out to try to find him and talk to him yourself. That would be idiotic. It's already been discovered this guy has a criminal record and active current legal issues, living in the local known drug house. This ain't the neighbors innocent little Johnny roaming the woods for fun. Let the 5-0 handle it.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    OK, now i am worked up! It is now official, he is a criminal and he and/or his associates is/are a potential threat.

I forwarded this thread to a neighbor who forwarded it to another neighbor, who has a friend at the local PD and they all informally ID'd the guy as Chris Lewis and advised he has a criminal history of some sort.

Onto the Maryland criminal records I go and in about a minute, I have him identified. Chris Thomas Lewis.

Turns out he lives at the local notorious "drug house" right near us. Turns out he has, at the very least, an active drug case against him.

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/casesearch/inquiryDetail.jis?caseId=10K17059922&loc=67&detailLoc=K

Other felons that live(d) there got busted for poaching deer recently and I am 100% sure it was them that stole two of my tree stands. The dad dumped deer carcasses in my woods (neighbor witnessed it) and I believe the son is still incarcerated on gun charges related to the poaching (felon in possession).

Nothing good ever comes from that house and this is more proof.

I am working with the Maryland State Police on this now and will seek a no-tresspass order against him.

I know exactly which house you are taking about. In 2006 a 19 year old punk shot and killed a 17 year in his car, right in front of there, for refusing to give him a ride.

https://www.fredericknewspost.com/a...cle_1c23445a-3d14-5bed-af83-76ef28cdaf17.html

https://www.fredericknewspost.com/a...cle_52220ca0-472f-5109-b408-31f6ae894a3e.html

A friend of mine owns a farm right down the road from there. I will let him know to be on the look out for him.

:sad20:

Last edited:

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    Remember that if you catch him in some type of trap it is illegal to relocate pest animals. Follow the law and call DNR or Animal Control for a list of appropriate action steps that won't get you fined.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    The only thing close to trespassers I have on camera are guy I hunt with. One year I found out they decided to use my shooting lane as a way to ride their quads to their stands and put corn out. They also cut a 8' wide trail through my shooting lane to do so. They put out corn weekly and I got weekly pics of them and their family doing this. I was busy that year and did not check my cameras till I went down to hunt for the first time during the rut. I did not see one deer that whole week from that stand.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    All of the above...ASAP! Shorts in one pic and long pants and shirt in another. Looks like it could be a tool or screwdriver in right hand on bottom pic. Hope you take care of him, I live in Myersville up the road from the gun club. Maybe he tripped over his fricken pants when they fell down and he's laying in your woods. Keep us posted!

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    The only thing close to trespassers I have on camera are guy I hunt with. One year I found out they decided to use my shooting lane as a way to ride their quads to their stands and put corn out. They also cut a 8' wide trail through my shooting lane to do so. They put out corn weekly and I got weekly pics of them and their family doing this. I was busy that year and did not check my cameras till I went down to hunt for the first time during the rut. I did not see one deer that whole week from that stand.
    I would have rode my quad around their spot when they were there or at least baited up when they were in the woods. Nothing like a good hunting buddy, that sucks. This cat being discussed I would ride over him with my quad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom