Freestate is Offering a New Hampshire CCW Course???

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The mere fact that the NH requirements are not mentioned seems dishonest.

kinda like bait and switch at the car dealer. get them in and "oh by the way, it's not required." take their money anyway

If it's not a problem, why not disclose the actual facts instead of luring people in with a less than honest ad?

Sometimes omissions are as bad as a lie. Look at the news media. they do it every day.

cheers.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I gotta admit, when I saw the email, I was wondering if they changed the laws since I got mine.
    I have to say it is misleading. I have no dogs in this fight and I have never had an issue with Freestate.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    It's capitalism. We know everything because we spend a ton of time on MDS and elsewhere. Others don't have a clue about laws or basic safety. Some people have no problem paying for someone knowledgeable to give them info.

We can give the NH thread a bump at any time, btw ;)

$100 for info presented in a class setting where you can ask questions?
    What's so bad about that?

It looks like Freestate is banking on people seeing that information about NH permits is worth $100. Knowledge is a commodity to be sold in the marketplace. $100 for three hours is a lot cheaper than attorney consult rates.
    I'll allow that the advert. has the auora of slimy salesmanship, but at the end of the day, caveat emptor.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm not shy, I'll call Randy tomorrow and ask him what's up with this deceptive advertising.

I'll let you know what he says.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'll be Devil's Advocate for a moment.

It is geared for use in Pa specifically, for people not obsesively tuned in like "us" , a primer on Pa Laws would have value .

For people new to carry and/ or guns , the general information on guns, safety, ccw generally, touching on self defence principles would all be of value .

$100/ 3hr course is higher than some of our IP's charge for a Utah class which also covers basic topics , but $100 isn't unconsciencanble.

The wording of their advertisment isn't quite fraudulent. But after taking the class, many of the student will have a bad taste in their mouth, and potentially be put off from further dealings with them.

Better ideas :

Market the class as " Basics of CCW, highly recomended for NH Applicants " or

Add a unit of Pa specif content to Utah classes, and market as "Multi-State" .

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Hell im going, they are also offering a NH HQL class (don't we have a lawsuit against MD's unreasonable fees). Just kidding, I'm with Swinokur/Blaster here, all this time I thought we were on the same team.
    Mr. Smith, please mention to Randy they may have lost any potential business from me. I have helped four new shooters this year and it cost me ammo but I feel good about it, this ad is the opposite of what I hoped the shooting community would be.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    i saw it advertised on their facebook page and wasn't to happy with it. They are obviously trying to take advantage of people.

TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    Canned air will also be available for a small extra charge.

opXv51.gif

2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone
    why take a class on how to fill out an application? The omission of the actual requirements (or lack of them) seems intentional and disingenuous. If it's not a well known fact, why not be totally honest and post that info?? seems intentional and sleazy to me.

as I said, call me a cynic but they should be more transparent about the actual NH requirements. (or lack of them)

That was my reaction when we got the email. The perceived lack of honesty would make me question doing any business with them.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The ad is misleading at best and absolutely dishonest when it states that NH is the ONLY non res permit PA honors.

I'm all for people making a buck and there are definitely suckers born every minute, but I can't imagine this is the kind of reputation Freestate wants to have.

Possibly a good idea, but very bad execution.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I lightly mocked FreeState last year for charging $200 for one of their four-hour "tactical" classes (consider that I spent $800 on 24 hours of training with Paul Howe......ugh, who would YOU rather train with?), but this is just awful.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    From: https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/plupr.html

The states listed below have indicated that they will recognize New Hampshire resident pistol revolver licenses. Anyone carrying a firearm in New Hampshire is subject to all other applicable laws including RSA 159:3.

Please note bold above, Florida is listed on this same website. I am not convinced by this that a NON-resident Permit is honored. Is there something more I have not found?

PA website mentions residents of both States

https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/upl...l/FirearmsReciprocity/Signed_NH_Agreement.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom