• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sev

"Vern"
    Mar 18, 2010
    formerly silver spring
    So I have a QC10 9mm lower (uses glock magazines) that's coming in a few more days.

Going to build a pistol out of it for now.

What upper does MD shooters like to use? Aside from PSA I'm seeing a lot of people piecing their upper together. I'm not opposed to this either.

Basically help me decide what I want to build :D

Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    I went with a custom upper for my QC10 carbine. Check >>>THIS<<< out if you want a solid upper to slap on and go though. BCG is already cut for Glock mags too ;) It's on my list if I find another QC10 lower locally as I want to build an SBR.

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    I used a QC10 upper on mine that I SBR'd with a 10.5'' barrel and a 10'' YHM quad rail, so if I ever have the opportunity to shorten the barrel, my suppressor will fit under the rail.

shooterhyde

Sep 9, 2013
    I pieced mine together

Rainier Arms forged upper w/o forward assist
    QC10 9mm Glock BCG
    KAW Valley 8.5" barrel
    BCM 7" Alpha Rail

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    A1Uniform has colt SBR/pistol uppers in stock. Came off of some old police guns but they are awesome looking

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I just want a 9mm lower that takes Glock mags and an upper to go with it:)

Me too. But I want to build one as a pistol and then build a carbine upper. I am thinking a 6-8" pistol lower and a 16" carbine upper. If I ever decide to go the NFA route I'd look at shortening that carbine to 12" or so with a silencer on it (whatever the minimum is MD keeps us to on SBRs...29" right?)

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Me too. But I want to build one as a pistol and then build a carbine upper. I am thinking a 6-8" pistol lower and a 16" carbine upper. If I ever decide to go the NFA route I'd look at shortening that carbine to 12" or so with a silencer on it (whatever the minimum is MD keeps us to on SBRs...29" right?)

That sounds like a great idea. Who can point me in the direction of where to get what I need?

notfast

Sep 3, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    I went with Kaw Valley for their new complete upper. 4.5" barrel, linear compensator, 5" rail.

Great customer service as well.

Last edited:

Sev

"Vern"
    Mar 18, 2010
    formerly silver spring
    I have only seen a couple ( and never a product name ) of 9mm uppers where the ejection port is sized for 9mm, instead of looking like a standard sized ejection port.

If I could find one of those that would be ****, but I can't find who makes one like that

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    The PSA upper I have has a standard size port. When the stamp comes back, I think I will look for one with a smaller port too.

johny357

Sep 7, 2009
    So I have a QC10 9mm lower (uses glock magazines) that's coming in a few more days.

Going to build a pistol out of it for now.

What upper does MD shooters like to use? Aside from PSA I'm seeing a lot of people piecing their upper together. I'm not opposed to this either.

Basically help me decide what I want to build :D

Where do you purchase the lower?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom