• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    Email sent today, someone replied within 3 hours and this is what was said! Note that no name of who wrote the email. So I guess they are returning to the days before Oct 1!

Mr. xxxxxx,

We are granted up to 30 days, by law, in which to provide a license from a complete application. However, they are usually turned around in between 2 and 3 weeks. Thank you for your continued patience in this process.

Feb 28, 2013
    Is Absolute Investigative Services in Bel Air still doing them for the HQL? Need appt for them or can you walk in during their regular hours?

Yes, but they aren't open saturdays. That's why I wound up having to go down to Hipsterville, unfortunately. I would imagin they're both the same.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Yes, but they aren't open saturdays. That's why I wound up having to go down to Hipsterville, unfortunately. I would imagin they're both the same.

I can do a weekday being self employed and my dad can drive me as he is retired. I can't handle that Bel Air traffic and all those danged lights myself! I think dad barely can LOL. I told him that I need an HQL to make holsters for others if they lend me their gun. Not sure if true, but a good excuse, as he wouldn't like me saying "oh yeah I'm gonna buy a handgun this or that month when I have the money, cuz I am bored and also need an excuse to drive to our land and my range". My driving there alone is a form of therapy, but I need something to do while there LOL.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The MD SC ruled non gratuitous loans are legal. This was of course pre 281. Not sure how it impacts the business portion though. She isn't selling, manufacturing or transferring firearms.

IANAL either.

Attachments

• MDSCRuling_on_loan.pdf
      227.2 KB · Views: 58

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Who do you call to get MSP appt for prints at Bel Air MVA? Is there a specific # for just that? Is it MSP who does the printing there generally?

Looks like my worst hitch in all this is the livescan appt, rest is online work. Do you pay the 50.00 online too? How do you pay the livescan fee- at the appt/place? Checks only?

Link for the HQL app form?

I think I called the MVA, and they gave me the number for the MSP. It is an MSP employee , not an MVA employee. Not a trooper. But they ARE done by police entity. I got them done there for my VA and FL CCW.

You can try this:

https://www.archbalt.org/about-us/child-youth-protection/upload/Maryland-Fingerprinting-Sites.pdf

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    it only took a week to get the card in my hand from the time it went active and a lifetime to come to terms with that MD has violated me again.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    Applied AUG 18, Monday
    Certification Sept 01, Monday
    Cert # 011xxx
    2 weeks to the Day....
    :)

Card...?????:innocent0

R

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    Email sent today, someone replied within 3 hours and this is what was said! Note that no name of who wrote the email. So I guess they are returning to the days before Oct 1!

Mr. xxxxxx,

We are granted up to 30 days, by law, in which to provide a license from a complete application. However, they are usually turned around in between 2 and 3 weeks. Thank you for your continued patience in this process.

applied 8/19
    HQL Active 9/2/14 expires 9/1/24!

seawolf823

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Dec 18, 2011
    Timonium
    Got it in the mail on Friday the 29th. So applied on Thursday, had it in hand the next Friday.

Lucky you. Mine went active 8/26 and still no card. The thing that sucks is I did paperwork on a 1911 this past Fri and should be able to pick up this Fri. that is if they get off their asses and mail my card.

chslax10

Feb 27, 2013
    I'm not sure how they do these. The wife's was approved in one day. All of my checks were completed in in the same time but mine is still pending. Not sure what the final review entails.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Lucky you. Mine went active 8/26 and still no card. The thing that sucks is I did paperwork on a 1911 this past Fri and should be able to pick up this Fri. that is if they get off their asses and mail my card.

Mailing the card can take up to 2 weeks.

And FFL was not supposed to sell you the firearm without the card in hand.

When the program first started, MSP said HQL number was fine to do paperwork, but card in hand to pick up. But later changed to card must be in hand to do paperwork.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Everything but CJIS check is completed......hurry up MD I have new toys on the way.

Called pikesville to see why my CJIS was incomplete and they stated because Matt Jones is a common name......well then use my freaking SSN number you made me provide. She said well we have 30 days to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom