How would Marylanders have reacted(gun confiscation)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Just something out there for thought.

I always see this "bullets first", "cold dead hands", "shall not comply", etc...
    When it comes to banning and confiscation.

But the real test is what happens when it becomes a reality? In New Orleans when Guns were confiscated people gave the guns and complied.
    The people of new orleans had a very real reason to want to keep from having armed men take their guns from them, but they let them.

We talk about how law enforcement would not do it, but they did.

We talk about how people would resist, but they did not.

If ever there was a time to need a gun for self defense it would be during a bad situation like was faced during Katrina, yet that is when they came and took them.

So, my question to Marylanders is this:
    Why should we think that we here in MD would be any different in regards to our compliance?

Do your own research. I could not find anything except for examples of compliance, if you find contrary information, let me know.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=kat...69i61l2j0l3.4352j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Just something out there for thought.

I always see this "bullets first", "cold dead hands", "shall not comply", etc...
    When it comes to banning and confiscation.

But the real test is what happens when it becomes a reality? In New Orleans when Guns were confiscated people gave the guns and complied.
    The people of new orleans had a very real reason to want to keep from having armed men take their guns from them, but they let them.

We talk about how law enforcement would not do it, but they did.

We talk about how people would resist, but they did not.

If ever there was a time to need a gun for self defense it would be during a bad situation like was faced during Katrina, yet that is when they came and took them.

So, my question to Marylanders is this:
    Why should we think that we here in MD would be any different in regards to our compliance?

Do your own research. I could not find anything except for examples of compliance, if you find contrary information, let me know.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=kat...69i61l2j0l3.4352j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Like the news now and then, We only heard about "a few" gun confiscations. We did not hear about the ones soldiers and police would not confiscate.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HRZfvtYlCY
    Today's world, we only hear in the news when a terrible school shooting or police officer killed happens.
    How many times every day that AR's or hand guns are used to self defense with a good ending? Okay How Many?
    Here is ONE! https://gunowners.org/defensive-use-of-ar-15-man-kills-two-wounds-one-of-three-attackers/

scobra

Nov 17, 2014
    You have to show up

I've been to Annapolis to testify plenty of times. The only thing tough about going to Annapolis is the parking. Once you've parked its a piece of cake. If ever there was a time that you wanted to tell politicians about your frustration now is the time. Go. Register to speak at a hearing. There is nothing to be intimidated about. Keep your dissertation to two minutes. Speak from the heart. Site the foolishness of the legislation. Crap like this gets passed into law because they think nobody cares except small constituencies that they are trying to garner votes from. Watch Mark Robinson's comments on the internet and you can get great ideas on the common sense points to make. You can be heard. You can be the majority....but you have to show up to prove it. Everything in Annapolis is about votes and money. If they think either of those are at stake they will pay attention.
    Do it now.....your liberties and rights are at stake.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Well, I often hear, and sympathize with with the position of fighting it out. However, bought many of my guns to protect my family, my wife, my kids. I read an article a while ago on how it would go down. When you least expect it, they will label you a dangerous person, even terr0rist. They will of course do surveillance and freeze your money and credit. Probably attach something to your home title. The biggest thing is your kids, if they are below 18. My wife would be fine, but what I read is, they will come to the school and scoop up your kids in the facade of safety. Take then from school while you are at work or something. Surround your home while at work. Not sure if they are going to be confiscating guns, they are going to go door to door while people who can resist have access to them. The red flag incident where the AA county guy was shot would probably not be how they do it on a large scale. You'd be at work, they search your house seize firearms. You come home to get arrested, or they go to your work. Ask your neighbors and co workers to keep an eye out for you and call them. I have a plan, one that I won't get into here, but I am ready to register some, and give up some. But, they won't get them all. When they can keep guns out of the hands of convicted criminals, I will give them more credit and plan accordingly.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    I've been to Annapolis to testify plenty of times. The only thing tough about going to Annapolis is the parking. Once you've parked its a piece of cake. If ever there was a time that you wanted to tell politicians about your frustration now is the time. Go. Register to speak at a hearing. There is nothing to be intimidated about. Keep your dissertation to two minutes. Speak from the heart. Site the foolishness of the legislation. Crap like this gets passed into law because they think nobody cares except small constituencies that they are trying to garner votes from. Watch Mark Robinson's comments on the internet and you can get great ideas on the common sense points to make. You can be heard. You can be the majority....but you have to show up to prove it. Everything in Annapolis is about votes and money. If they think either of those are at stake they will pay attention.
    Do it now.....your liberties and rights are at stake.

Much like sending the request to the ATF to be approved to posses a "rapid fire trigger activator", testifying in front of gun grabbers after giving your name and information seems like an invitation to be red flagged. I'm all for large crowds loudly protesting, but once you've identified yourself to them as "a problem" I get very worried about the repercussions of that.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    How many complied in Connecticut? How many complied in New York? How many complied in Boulder's AWB ban or Colorado's mag limit law? How many will comply in New Mexico and Washington where county sheriffs have announced they won't comply?

There is no reason to go door to door to confiscate our firearms. here is what I believe will happen if and when a non-grandfathered ban on some or all firearms is passed..
    1) All records from all gun sales must be turned over by all FFLS. They will be mined for model type, serial number and buyers name
    2) we will be given a deadline of when all guns and ammo must be turned over, probably 18-24 months from step 1
    3) the IRS and SSA, Along with all banks and credit companies will be ordered to withhold payments..paychecks, retirement accounts, social security payments ETC of those refusing to comply. In essence they will starve you into compliance (or try to). Banks will be told to foreclose on mortgage holders after their first missed payment. Credit companies would be ordered to repossess cars and other items after one missed payment. In short, they will try to ruin you financially without a single door being kicked in.

Now...do I think it would be effective? Yes and no..there will be people who will be "convinced" to turn in what they have, and then there will be people (like myself) who would take the fight straight to the streets of Washington DC (or Annapolis if need be) and then of course ) there will always be firearms that they know nothing about (which is why I have been a strong proponent of 80% builds.

No, telling them you lost all of your guns in a boating accident isn't going to work and if you sold any long gun that was originally purchased by you through an FFL they will probably try to force you to produce proof and jail you if you cannot.

No, the government doesn't have to kick in your door to take what you have...if you're not a strong 2A supporter you will hand them over..

I'm more like let them take what they can find

And what will you do when they say " we have records of you purchasing this this and that and they don't find them? I'm fairly certain if they are willing to violate your rights to such a degree that they are going to confiscate your Firearms telling them that you no longer own those firearms and providing zero proof that you've gotten rid of them will land you in prison for non-compliance. You and everyone else better have a back-up plan. But like I said in my post I don't believe they're going to come to your door and demand you hand them over I believe they will send you a letter with a list and demands that you deliver them. And when you don't they will fit you with a nice black and white suit with wide vertical pinstripes and a 6 by 10 cell with your roommate Leroy

GMCometh

Jan 20, 2010
    Fallston
    And what will you do when they say " we have records of you purchasing this this and that and they don't find them? I'm fairly certain if they are willing to violate your rights to such a degree that they are going to confiscate your Firearms telling them that you no longer own those firearms and providing zero proof that you've gotten rid of them will land you in prison for non-compliance. You and everyone else better have a back-up plan. But like I said in my post I don't believe they're going to come to your door and demand you hand them over I believe they will send you a letter with a list and demands that you deliver them. And when you don't they will fit you with a nice black and white suit with wide vertical pinstripes and a 6 by 10 cell with your roommate Leroy

The only problem I see with this is that there’s not enough space in jails to house the people who are already committing crimes. Where would they possibly put everyone who does not comply?

Could they build more jails? Sure they could. I’m not worried though...they’ve been spending years trying to get heat and ac in schools with zero progress.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    If it ever comes to pass that some Maryland law enforcement agency comes looking for something they think I have, if it's not here it's not here. I just hope they're not going to tear my house apart looking for something that I don't have in my possession. Wonder if we have legal recourse to sue for damages, especially if no crime has been committed.

Just remember that MD has no jurisdiction out of state. I can't see confiscations happening on a large scale, but could imagine limited confiscations due to the unconstitutional red flag law.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Well, I often hear, and sympathize with with the position of fighting it out. However, bought many of my guns to protect my family, my wife, my kids. I read an article a while ago on how it would go down. When you least expect it, they will label you a dangerous person, even terr0rist. They will of course do surveillance and freeze your money and credit. Probably attach something to your home title. The biggest thing is your kids, if they are below 18. My wife would be fine, but what I read is, they will come to the school and scoop up your kids in the facade of safety. Take then from school while you are at work or something. Surround your home while at work. Not sure if they are going to be confiscating guns, they are going to go door to door while people who can resist have access to them. The red flag incident where the AA county guy was shot would probably not be how they do it on a large scale. You'd be at work, they search your house seize firearms. You come home to get arrested, or they go to your work. Ask your neighbors and co workers to keep an eye out for you and call them. I have a plan, one that I won't get into here, but I am ready to register some, and give up some. But, they won't get them all. When they can keep guns out of the hands of convicted criminals, I will give them more credit and plan accordingly.

I read that same article and here is the part they missed: you take my family, you just took the last thing keeping me from exercising my God given right as originally intended by the founding fathers. Take my money, I’ll stay in line for my family;take my kids and it would absolutely be game on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Curtis6789

Latest threads

Top Bottom